Oakmont of West Las Vegas

Reviews of Oakmont of West Las Vegas

Assisted Living Reviews for Oakmont of West Las Vegas

January 02, 2017

By Georgia655216

Atria Sunlake was nice, but the residents were not as friendly. Everything was very nice, very clean, and very accessible.

November 19, 2016

By Richard043150

Atria Sunlake is newer and very nice. The furnishing and the design are very nice. It's all very 1950-ish. There's nothing about it that you would describe as modern. Even though the furnishing and design is brand new, they're designed to look like a Hollywood stage set of 20 years ago. They have book clubs and indoor games like Scrabble, Canasta, and movie trivia. Everything seemed older because of the way they designed it. I walked into the front door and got the feeling that I was walking into a funeral home. They tried hard and everything they did about it was nice and good for the people who were there.

November 01, 2016

By Bonnie576388

I liked Atria Sunlake very much. The staff is very friendly and just really nice to everybody. They have tons of things for everybody to do, and the food was excellent. The dining room is great; you order off a menu so it's sort of like restaurant-style, and it's always open. You could just go in when you're hungry, and it's not a set time. It's open all day long -- which we were very impressed with -- and they offer 3 meals a day. The rooms are very well-kept, people who are there already decorate their doors, and it was just a great atmosphere. The grounds are very well-kept, and the location is excellent and convenient. It's in a very nice and quiet location, and they maintain everything. It’s beautiful, quiet, serene, pretty, and comfortable. We went to a couple of events there, and they involve everybody which is really nice for the people there and people do participate. It doesn't have that horrible odor, and it just looks like you're going to a hotel.

October 27, 2016

By Dina648266

Atria Sunlake was a clean and beautiful property. It had friendly staff and nice amenities. The food was delicious. The dining area was like a restaurant.

October 14, 2016

By Karen856020

The amenities at Atria Sunlake are fine, but it is poorly run. They have had a series of directors. But my husband likes it there. He has brain problems, so it would be difficult to move him, but I go there almost everyday because I don’t really have much confidence in them. The room is fine. Physically, the place is fine, but the administration is bad. The facility is good-looking. It is nice. The food is so-so. My husband doesn’t participate in anything, but they have lots of activities.
Thanks for reaching out. I'm glad to know your husband enjoys being a part of the community. If you would like to tell me more about your experience, you can email me directly at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

October 13, 2016

By Debbie486814

I liked Atria Sunlake. The people there looked happy, the dining room was great, and the food was good. It was of restaurant standard. However, the rooms were very small, the communication is not great, and I had an issue with the nurse.

June 10, 2016

By Patrick017244

I went to The Atria. It’s very beautiful. Everybody is very classy. They took us to the backroom and discussed all of the room sizes and prices. They were very helpful and very nice. The facilities were beautiful and top notch. I would give them an A. Our friend loves living there and has moved into a one-bedroom. She is really happy.

January 26, 2016

By Caring Wife5

Atria Sunlake is a beautiful place, and the staff is very nice. The biggest complaint is that the food isn't very good. His room is a single room like a studio; which is nice-sized, and very attractive. Physically, the place is very attractive as well. My husband doesn't participate, but they have plenty of activities. They have exercises, bingo, and parties. People come in and entertain them. They make a big effort in that area. He's been there for quite a while now.

September 29, 2015

Atria Sunlake is a very pleasant physical environment. The staff seems really outgoing and engaging. The food looked really good for him on the menu. The physical look itself is quite nice, and he knew the executive director from his previous residence; she had moved to this one, and it’s for him to go there. They have three dining rooms: a larger dining room, a smaller group dining room, and then they have a private dining room so if you have a family get together you could use that. The dining rooms have lots of floor to ceiling glass windows. They’ve got a fireplace in all three of them, and it’s good that way. There’s social activities. We just moved there last week. They do things internally and then externally like field trips, and that seems pretty appealing to me.

December 25, 2014

By Della3

Atria was very clean and friendly, and the cost was very reasonable. The person I met was the supervisor of marketing; she has worked there a while and was very knowledgeable. The grounds were very clean and well-kept. I wasn’t able to eat there because I was trying to please this patient, and when I called the caregiver told me that the patient had fallen so he wasn’t able to travel. I called Atria back, and I had to cancel the reservation. It’s very accessible to the main highway, and they had all kinds of ongoing activities and programs and transportation. I would have liked to stay there myself, and it was a comfortable environment.

April 21, 2014

By Sandra83269250

The one I like the most was Atria Sunlake. That one was wonderful. The price was a little steep though. I would give it a 5; it was just expensive though. If I was at that point, then that's where I would love to go. Also, if you're not down for breakfast at a certain time, they come and look for you. They come to see if you're OK or if you have just decided to skip breakfast altogether. I like that. I like that attention. There were a lot of activities. They didn't like it if you just stayed in your room. They would have song and dance night. They would have entertainment that came in. It was just wonderful. The place was very bright. They just need to bring the price down for more people to get in. Most of us seniors are on a fixed income. That was my only concern with this place - the price. However, it was a very lovely place. I like the people. They were warm and sincere; you can feel it. I talked to some of them there, and they were very in tune with the place, and they genuinely loved it there. The staff even gave me a dessert to bring home, which was absolutely marvelous.

April 10, 2014

By Micki2

I also liked Atria Sunlake. Everything seemed to be great, and I especially liked the young girl who showed me around. She was very bubbly and sweet. The room was very nice, but small, and I wished they had a larger closet. It was nice and well taken care of place. The surroundings were also nice.

January 31, 2014

By Jamie6

Atria Sunlake is a nice facility with very helpful people. I was able to have a tour there and it’s very clean and well taken care of. The rooms were nice.

November 25, 2013

By Sven

Atria Sunlake was nice. Location-wise, it was convenient. I like best their staff, they were friendly. Their rooms were nice.

August 26, 2013

By Mie

The manager at Atria Sunlake was friendly, fantastic and she made my mom really comfortable. The environment was more alive because they were more people interacting.

August 21, 2013

When we went to Atria Sunlake, we felt it was a little too small. The gentleman who took us around was very nice but the facility just did not attract us. We were a little disappointed with the ambience of the place.

Thank you for your feedback on our community. I will be sure to share your review with the appropriate staff so that we can continue to make the best impression possible for our visitors. I encourage you to stop by for another visit soon, and please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com if you have any questions.

July 31, 2013

By Paul13

Atria was alright. It was clean, but it was crowded and it was not what we were looking for. However, I liked the trees and plants there, as well as the well-informed staff.

June 28, 2013

By Marla3

Our visit with Atria Sunlake was a nice experience. The whole building was nice and bright. The ground was very beautiful. My mom was very happy with food because it was great. Everybody including the staff, the nurses and even the janitors were very friendly and the residence seemed happy there.

December 01, 2011

By abicore

the facility was spacious and the do have a commitee that tell management the concerns of their residents

Independent Living Reviews for Oakmont of West Las Vegas

August 29, 2014

By Pam30

I have been living here at Atria Sunlake for three years. I choose it probably because as soon as I came in here, I felt comfortable. It is in the area where I want to live because I have two sisters who live close to me here. The price is just right for me. The thing that really stands out to me are the people that work here, how friendly and kind they are. I am talking about everyone, from the sales marketing, the house keeping staff, to the waiters and waitresses. It has a really friendly atmosphere. They are just very nice and they like old people. The directors are very helpful and genuine. They listen to people. We have people here who are gluten-intolerant and the head chef is very careful to make sure that they have the right kind of food. He tries to make people satisfied with the food and keeps it healthy. They have a good selection of food. They have specials and most of the time, they are very good and there's always something you can eat if you don't like the special. I have a studio apartment, but they also have a two-bedroom apartment. My room has a bathroom with a shower, a small kitchen area that has a microwave, a sink and a very small refrigerator. I have a queen size bed, a large TV, a recliner chair and a big dresser. It has plenty of space for one person. However, I am not usually in the room because I am usually out doing the activities. Seven days a week, I play cards all afternoon. My friend and I set up a nice table inside the library and we play canasta, bridge and pinochle. I also participate in the entertainment that they have twice a week or more. They have different people who come and play music. I do bingo once in a while. I try to go to their chair exercises. I also play the brain game, which is a trivial pursuit. I watch a lot of movies on Saturday and Sunday nights. I also try to know everybody because I am the president of the residents' council here. We have great transportation taking us to places. They have lots of activities. I think they need to have a better screening process on who will live here, and I do consider myself lucky to live here. Honestly, I highly recommend this place.

Photos of Oakmont of West Las Vegas

Services and Amenities of Oakmont of West Las Vegas

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Minimum Age: None

• State Licenses: 1775AGC

About Oakmont of West Las Vegas

Oakmont of West Las Vegas is a luxury retirement community situated on a lush campus with lovely views of Las Vegas. We are also very close to shopping, fine dining, and entertainment.

Map of Oakmont of West Las Vegas