The Windcrest on Van Dorn

7208 Van Dorn St, Lincoln, NE 68506
The Windcrest on Van Dorn (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 13 days

Lucky you! 2021 March promotion. Please ask the community for details!

Reviews of The Windcrest on Van Dorn

Assisted Living Reviews for The Windcrest on Van Dorn

May 10, 2016

By DonaldXWRCS

I liked the Windcrest on Van Dorn, but unfortunately, they were not able to handle my mother. The place was newer with nice rooms and staff.

September 30, 2015

By FR1

We had visited The Windcrest. We would be moving in two weeks. The visit was fine. They were very kind. I visited all three of them. All three were good. We chose the one we liked the best. The staff was fine. I met most of them. They were very welcoming. Our initial impression was good.

August 13, 2015

By Barbara109928050

Grandmother receives wonderful care at The Windcrest. It’s very well taken care of and very clean.

April 01, 2015

By S&R

My mother loves this place. She has never lived alone in her life. She feels very safe here. She says nothing but GREAT things about the staff and the attention and care they give the residents. I dont live close to her, so it's a Blessing to know she is happy and safe.

July 24, 2013

By Kim24

We chose Windcrest because of the location, services and the price. The staff is very good, attentive and caring towards my parents. The food is good, I wouldn't call it outstanding but the service they provide is excellent. The dining room is very nice. They could improve on food quality.

June 17, 2013

By caring4209

Windcrest is very nice. It's large. Sometimes, they don't have quite enough staffing. They have wonderful staff that tries to do it all, but sometimes they'd be trying to push two residents at once, which is not a good thing. But, it is a very nice facility. Good people.

September 27, 2012

By Ryan5

A co-worker of mine's mom died and she had to get her stuff from the assisted living home. As we are good friends and there was a decent number of bigger things, she asked me to drive up, back things up and bring them back for her while she planned the funeral.I drove up there after work on Thursday and found that many of the staff had assisted in packing things up and left cards for my friend. Some of the staff were sad when I began moving things. While I got a decent look around, it seemed like a decent to good facility, what struck me was the somber mood many had. When I had walked in, it was quiet, but not sad. As I began carrying things out, I noticed residents and staff crying or fighting back tears from time to time. I was offered a free meal about half-way through, which I ate and it was pretty good. While the facility offered many normal amenities and seemed to be quite well furnished, the thing that struck me was the obvious unity these people felt. It had been 2 days and they were sad about the loss. While I did get an informal tour from one of the nurses, the tour isn't what stood out. It was the sense of communal loss at having lost someone. While many reviews discuss the amenities or the price, I think, when it comes down to it, it is the personal connections people make at these types of facilities, that we really want for those we are looking to reside here. And my friend's mom seemed to have this in abundance at the facility.

Questions about The Windcrest on Van Dorn

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Windcrest on Van Dorn. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Windcrest's residents are wonderful and fun. They enjoy our many activities, outings and each other. Bingo and cards are among their favorites. The average age is 87 years young with 68% females and 32% males.

What programs or activities does The Windcrest on Van Dorn offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Daily exercise program, licensed nurse evaluation and monitoring, outdoor courtyard, 24 hour experienced and caring staff whose sole purpose is to provide our residents with the dignity, respect and care they deserve.

What places are near The Windcrest on Van Dorn or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Restaurants near: Valentino's, Subway, Colby Ridge, Dino's, Venue, Runza and Brewsky's. Shopping nearby: Dollar Tree, UPS, Hardware store, gas station and shopping mall.

What transportation services does The Windcrest on Van Dorn offer to assisted living residents?

Windcrest offers free transportation to medical appointments

What makes the chef or dining program at The Windcrest on Van Dorn exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We offer restaurant style dinning at all 3 of our meals.

What safety features or security measures does The Windcrest on Van Dorn offer to assisted living residents?

Emergency call pendants for all residents, medication administration, assistance with bathing, dressing and grooming, escorts to meals and activities, wellness checks and 24 hour experienced and caring staff.

If The Windcrest on Van Dorn accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a pet friendly community with outdoor green areas in the front and back areas of the building.

What safety features or security measures does The Windcrest on Van Dorn provide to protect residents who wander?

We have the Wander Guard System for those residents that might wander plus 24 hour staff.

Photos of The Windcrest on Van Dorn

Services and Amenities of The Windcrest on Van Dorn

• Dining Extra: Large, Elegant Dining Room With Private Dining Rooms Available

• Pets: Yes

About The Windcrest on Van Dorn

The Windcrest at Van Dorn is an assisted living community located in Lincoln, Nebraska. Here at the Windcrest, we offer our residents a variety of quality accommodations and services. Our goal at The Windcrest is to enrich the daily lives of our senior residents by providing an environment that stimulates them physically, mentally, and emotionally.

The Windcrest at Van Dorn continues to provide a place where our residents can choose from a variety of large beautiful apartments. We want our residents to remain as independent as possible, for as long as possible, while providing assistance when they need it.

At The Windcrest at Van Dorn, we care about each and every resident that lives in our beautiful apartments. We offer a relaxed atmosphere of warmth and caring that promotes companionship among residents and staff.

Map of The Windcrest on Van Dorn