The Kensington – Beatrice

Reviews of The Kensington – Beatrice

Assisted Living Reviews for The Kensington – Beatrice

April 30, 2018

By clmeyer

I was put in touch with The Kensington for evaluation of my mother for a short-term of permanent place to live. I am very pleased that we chose The Kensington. They offer activities on a daily basis that the residents can participate in (or not if they prefer). The services provided have relieved my stress on making sure my mother eats, gets the proper medications and gets where she needs to if I'm not available to drive her. The staff is nothing but patient, kind, and helpful to my mother and me. High praises to The Kensington! Thank you for the wonderful service you are providing for my mother and her family!

September 19, 2012

By Scott Walker

The Kensington's downtown location is a definite plus, however lack of adequate parking around the facility is a concern. In fact, the Kensington's own shuttle van must park on the sidewalk in order to pick up and drop off residents. Inside, the decorum is warm and homey, with old wood furniture and rich carpets throughout. Overall, the feeling is quite elegant and not as "industrial" as some other places I visited. Meals and served at family style tables and residents may order off a menu, which changes regularly. The staff was very friendly and attentive to both me and my mother. They did a wonderful job of showing us around the facility, and also privately discussing costs and payment options. Typical assisted living services such as medication disbursement, laundry and cleaning services are provided. Overall, I was quite impressed with the Kensington and think it would make an excellent next home for my mother.

June 29, 2012

By Melinda87

About a year ago, my family and I toured The Kensington to see if my grandparents would like it or not. It's located in a neat old building in downtown Beatrice, but my grandparents didn't seem to like that there was a lot of traffic nearby. The facility seemed clean and nicely decorated, my grandparents liked the fact that they could go to the dining area instead of cooking if they wanted to. The staff was really friendly and professional and answered all of my grandma's questions. It didn't have the typical "nursing home smell". The residents we saw looked happy and busy. The apartment itself was roomy enough for visitors but my grandma thought it was a little small. I think the only real issue with the facility is that it isn't very scenic. If it were out in the country I think my grandparents would have preferred that. In the end, they decided they wanted to wait a while before doing assisted living and will continue living in their house.

Costs for The Kensington – Beatrice

Photos of The Kensington – Beatrice

Services and Amenities of The Kensington – Beatrice

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Minimum Age: None
  • Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: ALF124

About The Kensington – Beatrice

What is it that makes any house a home? It's when you belong to the family inside. And each one of our residences is home to a unique family, a circle that encompasses both residents and staff.

In the best families, members of all ages treat each other with respect. They encourage and listen to one another. It's where we rejoice, play and grieve together; where individuality is appreciated; where we learn and grow together. Safe harbor and unconditional love are found there.

People thrive when they feel like part of a cherished family, knowing they're surrounded by those who only want what's best for them. It's also a comforting, supportive and healing environment for those who are facing loss or illness.

Our ability to bring this philosophy to life depends entirely on hiring the right people. That's why every staff person is hand-picked for their capacity to provide the kind of care we'd want for our own loved ones. We are united by this purpose.

Map of The Kensington – Beatrice