The Cambridge

Offers Independent Living

2900 S Jefferson Ave, Springfield, MO 65807
The Cambridge (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 1 day

Red Tag Special! Reduced rates on select apartments for new leases sign and move in by February 28th. Ask for details during your tour!

Reviews of The Cambridge

Independent Living Reviews for The Cambridge

October 06, 2017

By CH

The Cambridge was like a very nice apartment house. They're very friendly, help my sister-in-law with her medications, make sure she's fed, and clean her apartment. We haven't had any problems or issues. The staff seems to be very efficient, and the cost is reasonable.

Hi there, thank you so much for the positive review! We always strive to provide top quality service to every resident and guest, and are pleased to hear that you and your sister-in-law are happy at The Cambridge. If you ever need anything else from us, please feel free to give us a call or stop by. Have an awesome day!

April 14, 2017

By PW857253

The Cambridge was very nice. The lady who showed us around was very nice, and she treated us very kindly. The apartments were really nice but small. We had lunch, and the food was really good. They provided 3 meals a day for their residents. There was a church service while we were there. They had a bus that takes the residents out to places.

March 28, 2017

By Stuart213642

We visited The Cambridge. The whole building was laid out in a circle. The apartments were not nice and looked run down. The one that we looked at did not have a walk-in shower but had a Jacuzzi tub, which some elderly people would not be able in and out off. The girl who walked us around was very nice. They had a concert going on when we were there. It had a slight smell of old people, which we did not like.

November 07, 2016

By Kenneth668358

The Cambridge was average -- nothing to complain about. The room was too small as to what I was interested in. The food was nice and satisfactory. I like what I saw.

October 20, 2016

By Claudia003713

I visited The Cambridge. The rooms were OK. It's just that the common areas reminded me more of a nursing home, and it felt a little bit run down especially outside. It looked like it needed a little bit of upkeep on the grounds and the exterior of the building. They had a little exercise room. At the time I was there, I saw a lot of people sitting around there and a few people in the dining area. The dining area looked pleasant, but I did not eat there. I just did not like it as well as the other three I visited. They had a good staff. There was a younger girl, and she did really well showing me around. The other staff was just more professional. It looked pretty clean.

May 10, 2016

By DawnKCXNS

Mom chose The Cambridge because of the environment and the apartment. They have the number one rating in South West Missouri, and the price includes rent and food. The staff is wonderful and very caring. Also, one of the reasons we chose this is because the comanagers actually live in the apartments along with the residents, which you will not find in any other community. The food is awesome. The dining room is open and beautiful with lots of windows. They provide three meals a day with lots of choices. They have artists come in to sing and go on community trips to restaurants and WalMart. They also have bingo regularly and exercises in the workout room. The facilities are gorgeous. You can have lots of privacy. The place is situated right where you can shop and within easy access to everything. The apartments are of a nice size and beautifully decorated. They also have housekeeping. They will treat you like a queen there.

February 10, 2016

By Marla H.

We visited The Cambridge, and it was nice. We liked it, but of course if you were going from your own home it was small. However, it was clean, and well-done. We ate there when we visited, and the food was really good. We saw a one-bedroom, and a studio. The staff was really helpful. They answered all our questions. They were very accommodating, and everything.

December 17, 2015

By MR

Living in The Cambridge is good. The staff is really helpful. Whenever I have questions, they are always available to answer. The apartments are in good sizes. The food is good too. They also have social recreations, like bingo and day trips. I haven't really been here for a long time, but I would rate them highly based on my experience.

November 29, 2015

The Cambridge was very nice. The rooms were quite nice, and each had a kitchenette. The one or two people that I knew in there were very pleased; they all said that the people were very nice. You can go downstairs where there's always something going on in the big entranceway.

November 15, 2015

By Lesley2

The Cambridge had a nice selection of one-bedrooms, two-bedrooms or up to a three-bedrooms where you can have family stay the night with you. They had just been remodeled and are very well priced for the square footage. Even the studio was 1,200 square feet, so they're large apartments. They had multiple cleaning staff that also did the laundry. The staff was super friendly and very helpful. I just talked to someone last week who called to see how Mom was doing even though she didn't rent a place there. They seemed like they genuinely care. They had everything from arts and crafts to bus shuttles. If you want to take a vacation in Arizona, and they have an open apartment in Arizona, you can go there for a month, or go to California for a month, and you're not paying anything more to do that. For their price range, I'd rate them at a 3; they're very reasonable. If someone didn't come down for breakfast and didn't request breakfast in their room, one of the staff members would go up and check on the person to see if they're feeling sick or if they need anything.

October 31, 2015

By Bob115432250

We visited Cambridge. It is not spread out, and it was more of an independent facility. It was a very nice place with very nice people. It has a large dining facility. It’s close to the hospital.

October 25, 2015

By anonymous115220750

Cambridge is very good, and it’s very nice. The apartment has a kitchenette, living room, and bedroom. The staff is very good and very helpful, and the meals are good, too. We play Bingo and dominoes, and eat together.

October 15, 2015

By Laverne7

The Cambridge is what I would consider from the places I visited. The people come together for lunch, they had established friends, and they were helping each other. There were areas for activities that were convenient and handy. I think they had it all together.

July 31, 2015

The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable at the Cambridge. He answered all my questions very professionally. They also cared about what was best for my grandma. The rooms are in very good shape. They had several different options like one bedroom and two bedroom apartments. They really had a lot to offer in as far as activities and onsite help available. I liked the options for food where they had available choices instead of just the set meals. They also had afternoon coffee and cookies. They had different groups come in to interact with the residents, and I thought that was a big plus.

January 29, 2015

The common area downstairs was beautiful, and the surroundings were clean at Cambridge. The community, the rooms, and sanitation were good. The rooms were small, but overall not satisfactory for their needs. The staff was fantastic; they’re very accommodating. There was somebody playing the piano. I did not try the food, but I saw it, and I wasn’t extremely impressed. But the place was impressive overall.

October 16, 2014

By Carolyn100458250

I met the manager at The Cambridge and as far as I can tell, it's good. The rooms were nice. The bedroom was reasonably large.

September 23, 2014

By Norma12

I moved into The Cambridge a week ago and I really like it. So far, it has been great. Everyone is really friendly. The staff are all just willing to help you with anything you need help with. The people that I have met have all been just very pleasant people. There is nothing to complain about, really. They have a lady who comes in and cleans my apartment once a week, changes the linens on my bed and she just does lots of things for me. They have activities all day long. Like this morning, they had exercise, bible study, tai-chi and sometimes they play bingo. The food is just really good. Everything is home made. They don't use any pre-made things. They make it all from scratch. My room is very nice. I have a one bedroom apartment with a nice size living room. I have a very nice bathroom with a walk-in shower. I have a shower chair. Everything is clean and when anyone moves out, they go in and refurbish everything.

May 20, 2014

By Portia1

I went to visit The Cambridge, and this facility is conveniently close to places that I want to go to walk. It's near a grocery store and the hair salon that I am going to. The residents were very friendly, and they looked like they were enjoying their lunch. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They have a dining hall where you can have your family in for a meal, so they can also go there, and I thought that was very nice. They have things for the residents to keep them busy.

April 22, 2014

By Lisa66493850

The food was good at The Cambridge. The residents seemed very friendly and happy. The staff took their time and seemed very friendly and informative when we had our visit there. The rooms were a good size, but needed updating. They had a fair number of social activities. They had a regular shuttle to go to a couple of different churches on Sundays and Wednesdays, and Mom likes that. They also had some bridge clubs, and Mom likes to play bridge. She was very pleased with that. They did have some social outings, so that was good.

July 12, 2012

By MISTY MOON

Other

MY MOTHER LIVED THE APARTMENTS WERE VERY NICE. ALL OF THE EMPLOYEES WERE WONDERFUL, VERY HELPFUL AND CARING, FROM THE KITCHEN TO THE JANITORS AND THE AIDS KNOW EACH AND EVERY ONES NAME AND CONDITIONS VERY FRIENDY.

Costs for The Cambridge

Photos of The Cambridge

Services and Amenities of The Cambridge

• Independent Living Starting At: $2064/month

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About The Cambridge

The Cambridge is located in Springfield, MO, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Cambridge for a visit...and stay!

Map of The Cambridge