The Cambridge

Reviews of The Cambridge

Independent Living Reviews for The Cambridge

July 11, 2021

By Mary

The upkeep of The Cambridge was the greatest, as well as the friendliness of the staff. The residents also seemed happy. I think I had a meal with them too that was a to-go meal, and that was very good. I saw samples of their menu, and I think the food would be appealing to anyone. They had good amenities, and the pricing was reasonable. It would be a good place to live.

June 26, 2021

By Christy

The Cambridge is very pretty, nice, and clean. Their apartments are real nice size. The people were also very nice. They took us around on the tour. They talked to us for a long time and helped us. One of them even came to my mom's house and brought her some flowers and some candy. They had very nice sized rooms, and it was very clean. Everything was updated. They have a library. They have laundry facilities very close to each of the rooms if they need it.

June 03, 2021

By Brett

The staff at The Cambridge was very friendly and enthusiastic. We looked at the menu, and they had some nice options. The facility was very nice. It looked a little dated, but they said they are starting some repairs. The rooms were nice, but I think the bathrooms were dated. I would like to see different showers in them, but otherwise it was okay.

February 09, 2021

By Becky

I visited The Cambridge. My parents will be moving in soon. It was a very pleasant experience. I went in and it was just so cheery, and they've had no COVID there, so I was able to come in. The lady, whom I had the appointment with, was very nice and knowledgeable. The people at the front desk took my temperature, got my info, and were so friendly. Several of the residents stopped by her door while I was talking to introduce themselves. Just that they were saying hi to her, obviously they were all friendly. She was able to take us up and show me an apartment. It was a very positive and good experience. I'm real anxious to get my parents in. They showed me two different rooms, and these are apartments. The first one was supposedly bigger. The second one was on the third floor and it had French doors leading out to the balcony. Even though it was a few square feet smaller, technically, all the sunlight coming into the room made the room seem much bigger. It was very clean and very inviting. In fact, it was real easy in a way to set up and to see where we could put their furniture. It was very nice. We have not tried the food yet. They are with COVID. Their dining room is open, but they're doing two shifts of eating, so the dining room won't be crowded. I was there at ten in the morning, so it was between meals. At my parents' age they need nutrition, but their taste buds are not as critical as they might have been even five years ago for them. Having something to eat is more important to them than whether it will be a gourmet meal or not. We're anxious to see how the food does taste. Another thing, they had a special going on if you sign by December 31. We were able to take possession of the apartment January officially, but the rent was only $20.21, a promo for 2021. We were able to give notice at the apartment that they live in now, a 30-day notice, so we won't have a time where we have a doubled rent. That also gave us a full thirty days to get them moved in, so it won't be so hectic and rushed. It was just a perfect setup. It felt very divinely intervened. They have a beauty shop. They have extra services if you need them. It's an extra cost, but they do have it available 24/7. There's a front desk where someone is always available if they were to wake up in the night and be afraid or need something. They also have something I haven't heard of before. They have pendants that they give each to the residents. It's their choice to wear them or not, but if you choose to wear a pendant, it's a press button if you were to fall or get confused or just anything at all. All you have to do is push the button and someone can find you wherever you are in the facility. I thought that was really interesting. They have a lot of gardens and it seems like they based what they do on what the residents' interests are. Like one little lady I talked to is into gardening, so she's working with the grounds man to find a garden for next spring. I think they have church services on Sundays, transportation available to doctors' offices, doctors' visits, and the store. Just pretty much anything you need. They have a way to get it for you. At this point, I'm not comfortable saying a five because my parents haven't actually lived there yet, but from what I based it on so far, I would say a four for sure. The staff is great. It's not brand new. I'm sure these were like Christmas things, but they had several tables set up for people that you could tell had left behind food items and things like that. I'm sure they were gathering things for the less fortunate, but it was a little crowded, a little cluttered. I do remember thinking that it was a little cluttered, but as far as cleanliness it was spotless.

November 23, 2020

By Lisa

I went to see The Cambridge pre-COVID. I did love that one, but the apartments seemed quite a bit smaller than what they could offer the other place. It was a beautiful facility, lots of activities, and very well taken care of. I loved working with the staff, and they were very, very helpful as well.

August 27, 2020

By jfme

Staff are friendly, concerned, professional from house keeping, office staff to food service. They recognize all residents and greet them with zeal. The staff took great care during Covid-19. It is also comforting to know there is Home care in the facility if needed.

June 28, 2020

By Pamela

I love The Cambridge. I absolutely love the staff members. There's one young man that delivers my mom's breakfast and she just adores him. There is also a housekeeper, and she is sweet. The people are great in everything. They are absolutely marvelous. They have a pool table there. Whenever they get ready to play bingo they social distance in the lobby and on the balcony. The lady has a microphone so they can hear her. They play bingo that way, which is so clever. My mom loves to garden, so she has already gotten in touch with the gentleman who sets up people with garden areas. My mom also got her chime ups on the balcony, which was a big deal for her. She has her two rockers on the balcony so that she can visit and bring people out there. The food is wonderful; I love it. Mom is eating, too. She is thoroughly thrilled with her food. The people are just great. The place is beautiful. My mom got there after the coronavirus, so she has not really gotten into the activities, but she was told that there will be dancing. She loves to dance, so she is excited about that when that happens. She is enthralled with the activities that are there and she is just getting started.

October 06, 2019

By Rose

My mother has been living at The Cambridge. It is a community of 150 residents. They have the freedom to come and go, they can have their own car if they so choose, and they have a variety of apartment sizes. My mother chose a small one with a bedroom and a living area combined. Her meals are provided; she goes to the cafeteria to eat. The food is good and there are lots of options. My mother is thriving, looking healthier, and sounding healthier. She seems very satisfied. Everyone there seems very kind and very interested in the people staying there. They have a lot of games that they offer. She has mentioned that she is going to an art class next month, so she is branching out a little more and more. They have a facility to get her hair done. She has women that she chooses to sit with at meal time, so it's kind of bonding and friendship time for her. They have a church service on Sunday afternoons, and she has started going to that. The staff is excellent. They have visited my mother, and they know her by name. They speak to her when she comes into the lobby, they stop and talk to her at lunch, and they encourage her to ask for help whenever she needs with anything, like downloading a book on her Kindle or needing someone to talk to in the middle of the night. They have been very encouraging. The place is clean. They also come clean her room once a week.

April 28, 2019

By Virginia

I visited The Cambridge, but it didn't feel like home. It's just different. The people are right there when you walk in and they kind of just sit around. It wasn't that appealing to me. I would have to buy a microwave for the room, whereas in the community I chose, the room already had one in there. It also didn't have a washer and dryer in the room, so you'd have to go down a ways to do your laundry. They have a library and I saw their bus sitting out front. I spoke to the administrator lady who took me around. The building looked more like a hotel to me.

October 31, 2018

By VisitorABC

We toured The Cambridge. I liked the food a lot. The place was very nice. They showed us one small one-bedroom, but I didn't think too much of it. There was hardly any room to move around there. They had lots of good activities. The staff members were wonderful. The building was beautiful except for the room that we saw.

Hi there, we're disappointed to hear you aren't completely satisfied with the experience you had at our location. We do have a variety of apartment floor plans that might be a better fit for you. If you have any further questions, please give us a call. We're always happy to help.

March 29, 2018

By John

The Cambridge is absolutely fabulous. I want to live there. The staff and the residents are very nice. The facility is very clean. The residents I spoke to all love it there. The lady who gave us the tour was very knowledgeable, and genuinely seemed like she cared. She was fantastic.

October 06, 2017

By CH

The Cambridge was like a very nice apartment house. They're very friendly, help my sister-in-law with her medications, make sure she's fed, and clean her apartment. We haven't had any problems or issues. The staff seems to be very efficient, and the cost is reasonable.

Hi there, thank you so much for the positive review! We always strive to provide top quality service to every resident and guest, and are pleased to hear that you and your sister-in-law are happy at The Cambridge. If you ever need anything else from us, please feel free to give us a call or stop by. Have an awesome day!

April 14, 2017

By PW857253

The Cambridge was very nice. The lady who showed us around was very nice, and she treated us very kindly. The apartments were really nice but small. We had lunch, and the food was really good. They provided 3 meals a day for their residents. There was a church service while we were there. They had a bus that takes the residents out to places.

March 28, 2017

By Stuart213642

We visited The Cambridge. The whole building was laid out in a circle. The apartments were not nice and looked run down. The one that we looked at did not have a walk-in shower but had a Jacuzzi tub, which some elderly people would not be able in and out off. The girl who walked us around was very nice. They had a concert going on when we were there. It had a slight smell of old people, which we did not like.

November 07, 2016

By Kenneth668358

The Cambridge was average -- nothing to complain about. The room was too small as to what I was interested in. The food was nice and satisfactory. I like what I saw.

October 20, 2016

By Claudia003713

I visited The Cambridge. The rooms were OK. It's just that the common areas reminded me more of a nursing home, and it felt a little bit run down especially outside. It looked like it needed a little bit of upkeep on the grounds and the exterior of the building. They had a little exercise room. At the time I was there, I saw a lot of people sitting around there and a few people in the dining area. The dining area looked pleasant, but I did not eat there. I just did not like it as well as the other three I visited. They had a good staff. There was a younger girl, and she did really well showing me around. The other staff was just more professional. It looked pretty clean.

May 10, 2016

By DawnKCXNS

Mom chose The Cambridge because of the environment and the apartment. They have the number one rating in South West Missouri, and the price includes rent and food. The staff is wonderful and very caring. Also, one of the reasons we chose this is because the comanagers actually live in the apartments along with the residents, which you will not find in any other community. The food is awesome. The dining room is open and beautiful with lots of windows. They provide three meals a day with lots of choices. They have artists come in to sing and go on community trips to restaurants and WalMart. They also have bingo regularly and exercises in the workout room. The facilities are gorgeous. You can have lots of privacy. The place is situated right where you can shop and within easy access to everything. The apartments are of a nice size and beautifully decorated. They also have housekeeping. They will treat you like a queen there.

February 10, 2016

By Marla H.

We visited The Cambridge, and it was nice. We liked it, but of course if you were going from your own home it was small. However, it was clean, and well-done. We ate there when we visited, and the food was really good. We saw a one-bedroom, and a studio. The staff was really helpful. They answered all our questions. They were very accommodating, and everything.

December 17, 2015

By MR

Living in The Cambridge is good. The staff is really helpful. Whenever I have questions, they are always available to answer. The apartments are in good sizes. The food is good too. They also have social recreations, like bingo and day trips. I haven't really been here for a long time, but I would rate them highly based on my experience.

November 29, 2015

The Cambridge was very nice. The rooms were quite nice, and each had a kitchenette. The one or two people that I knew in there were very pleased; they all said that the people were very nice. You can go downstairs where there's always something going on in the big entranceway.

November 15, 2015

By Lesley2

The Cambridge had a nice selection of one-bedrooms, two-bedrooms or up to a three-bedrooms where you can have family stay the night with you. They had just been remodeled and are very well priced for the square footage. Even the studio was 1,200 square feet, so they're large apartments. They had multiple cleaning staff that also did the laundry. The staff was super friendly and very helpful. I just talked to someone last week who called to see how Mom was doing even though she didn't rent a place there. They seemed like they genuinely care. They had everything from arts and crafts to bus shuttles. If you want to take a vacation in Arizona, and they have an open apartment in Arizona, you can go there for a month, or go to California for a month, and you're not paying anything more to do that. For their price range, I'd rate them at a 3; they're very reasonable. If someone didn't come down for breakfast and didn't request breakfast in their room, one of the staff members would go up and check on the person to see if they're feeling sick or if they need anything.

October 31, 2015

By Bob115432250

We visited Cambridge. It is not spread out, and it was more of an independent facility. It was a very nice place with very nice people. It has a large dining facility. It’s close to the hospital.

October 25, 2015

By anonymous115220750

Cambridge is very good, and it’s very nice. The apartment has a kitchenette, living room, and bedroom. The staff is very good and very helpful, and the meals are good, too. We play Bingo and dominoes, and eat together.

October 15, 2015

By Laverne7

The Cambridge is what I would consider from the places I visited. The people come together for lunch, they had established friends, and they were helping each other. There were areas for activities that were convenient and handy. I think they had it all together.

July 31, 2015

The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable at the Cambridge. He answered all my questions very professionally. They also cared about what was best for my grandma. The rooms are in very good shape. They had several different options like one bedroom and two bedroom apartments. They really had a lot to offer in as far as activities and onsite help available. I liked the options for food where they had available choices instead of just the set meals. They also had afternoon coffee and cookies. They had different groups come in to interact with the residents, and I thought that was a big plus.

January 29, 2015

The common area downstairs was beautiful, and the surroundings were clean at Cambridge. The community, the rooms, and sanitation were good. The rooms were small, but overall not satisfactory for their needs. The staff was fantastic; they’re very accommodating. There was somebody playing the piano. I did not try the food, but I saw it, and I wasn’t extremely impressed. But the place was impressive overall.

October 16, 2014

By Carolyn100458250

I met the manager at The Cambridge and as far as I can tell, it's good. The rooms were nice. The bedroom was reasonably large.

September 23, 2014

By Norma12

I moved into The Cambridge a week ago and I really like it. So far, it has been great. Everyone is really friendly. The staff are all just willing to help you with anything you need help with. The people that I have met have all been just very pleasant people. There is nothing to complain about, really. They have a lady who comes in and cleans my apartment once a week, changes the linens on my bed and she just does lots of things for me. They have activities all day long. Like this morning, they had exercise, bible study, tai-chi and sometimes they play bingo. The food is just really good. Everything is home made. They don't use any pre-made things. They make it all from scratch. My room is very nice. I have a one bedroom apartment with a nice size living room. I have a very nice bathroom with a walk-in shower. I have a shower chair. Everything is clean and when anyone moves out, they go in and refurbish everything.

May 20, 2014

By Portia1

I went to visit The Cambridge, and this facility is conveniently close to places that I want to go to walk. It's near a grocery store and the hair salon that I am going to. The residents were very friendly, and they looked like they were enjoying their lunch. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They have a dining hall where you can have your family in for a meal, so they can also go there, and I thought that was very nice. They have things for the residents to keep them busy.

April 22, 2014

By Lisa66493850

The food was good at The Cambridge. The residents seemed very friendly and happy. The staff took their time and seemed very friendly and informative when we had our visit there. The rooms were a good size, but needed updating. They had a fair number of social activities. They had a regular shuttle to go to a couple of different churches on Sundays and Wednesdays, and Mom likes that. They also had some bridge clubs, and Mom likes to play bridge. She was very pleased with that. They did have some social outings, so that was good.

July 12, 2012

By MISTY MOON

Other

MY MOTHER LIVED THE APARTMENTS WERE VERY NICE. ALL OF THE EMPLOYEES WERE WONDERFUL, VERY HELPFUL AND CARING, FROM THE KITCHEN TO THE JANITORS AND THE AIDS KNOW EACH AND EVERY ONES NAME AND CONDITIONS VERY FRIENDY.

Questions about The Cambridge

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at The Cambridge. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does The Cambridge offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at The Cambridge exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does The Cambridge offer to independent living residents?

If The Cambridge accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does The Cambridge work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for The Cambridge

Photos of The Cambridge

Services and Amenities of The Cambridge

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About The Cambridge

The Cambridge is located in Springfield, MO, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Cambridge for a visit...and stay!

Map of The Cambridge