Maple Wood Alzheimer's Special Care Center

Reviews of Maple Wood Alzheimer's Special Care Center

Memory Care Reviews for Maple Wood Alzheimer's Special Care Center

May 10, 2016

By Nowetta

I visited Maple Wood for my husband. It’s very nice and very clean. I love that it goes around, and that they have Alzheimer’s patients only. They have a lot of activities for the people. The dining room has a piano, and some of the patients could play it. They have someone come in and play for them all, so it was very nice. I would recommend them to others. The only reason I say 4 because of the shared rooms. They’re big but there is no wall or curtain or anything, it is just open. I think sometimes people would like to have a little privacy.

February 11, 2016

By Nancy117866550

Maple Wood Alzheimer's Special Care Center is a wonderful place. They are very well staffed. They know what’s going on with my Dad. He has been so much happier there. The place is physically beautiful. They have very beautiful common areas which are spacious, and nice. Dad has done very well in this facility, and we are very pleased with the staff.

February 01, 2014

By F&B

I liked Maple Wood but I didn't like the price that they had. They're so expensive. The people there were very nice. I didn't think that they really paid that much attention to him because he didn't come out of his room. They would try to get him to go out but he didn't want to play games and he didn't want to do some of the things that they were doing. He's 89. He doesn't want to play games. They had fancier facilities, all kinds of things to do but he didn't use them.

December 12, 2012

By taohe1

My mother-in law was a resident of Maplewood. The staff is very very caring and the facility is amazing. I will tell any one who needs help with a loved one to use them.
See all Memory Care reviews (8) See fewer reviews

Questions about Maple Wood Alzheimer's Special Care Center

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Mandatory education upon hire and follow-up trainings in staff inservice meetings.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Staffed according to state regulations.

What programs or activities does Maple Wood Alzheimer's Special Care Center offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Our distinctive Meaningful Moments program is also our philosophy of care and focuses on Resident's psychological, social and spiritual needs by providing a customized program of activities.

Our Health Services Director, who is an RN completes initial evaluation upon on admission and again every 6 months or at a significant change of condition.

How does Maple Wood Alzheimer's Special Care Center keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Regular service plan meetings are scheduled with families.

Describe the neighborhood around Maple Wood Alzheimer's Special Care Center. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Maple Wood is nestled at the entrance of an exclusive residential neighborhood along side a small business district about a mile south of Cox Hospital.

Is Maple Wood Alzheimer's Special Care Center affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

NA

• Financial Aid

• Staff Patient Ratio: 8:1
  • Pets: No Pets Allowed

About Maple Wood Alzheimer's Special Care Center

Often the mental demands of those struggling with Alzheimer's disease can take over the emotional needs. But at JEA Senior Living, we keep the emotional needs and feelings of your loved one at the very center of what we do.

Our exclusive Meaningful Moments&reg program is specifically designed to help meet the needs of those Residents with memory loss. We begin by discovering the life story of each individual's likes, dislikes and cherished memories. By adding details and preferences from each Resident's life story into their day, we can build comfort and a sense of meaning for each individual Resident. The result is a familiar atmosphere for your loved one.

Our Residents have access to a whole host of amenities and programming options to help keep them active and engaged in daily life.

There are excursions to restaurants and shopping, arts and crafts classes, movie nights and many chances for family and holiday celebrations. Our Meaningful Moments&reg program, paired with our active and engaged staff members at JEA Senior Living, brings together the very best Alzheimer's care.

Map of Maple Wood Alzheimer's Special Care Center