Tesson Heights

Reviews of Tesson Heights

Assisted Living Reviews for Tesson Heights

January 18, 2017

By Emily361250

The staff at Tesson Heights did a very good job with a relative of mine and were very helpful. It is an older facility that was just renovated and had a caring atmosphere. He was in the independent living part and liked it a lot. The food was very good.

January 01, 2017

By Melissa402106

Tesson Heights has the best price for the value. We like the location. They have a media center and a pool. The staff is very accommodating, and the room has met all of our expectations. They go to the grocery, movies, and casino, and do arts and crafts.

November 23, 2016

By Georgia J.

Tesson Heights was fine, but it seemed they had the independent living and the people who needed care all mixed together, but it was really nice. The staff was wonderful; they showed us apartment type rooms, but we have to furnish them. They gave us a printout of activities, they had a lot of different things -- which were very nice.

November 21, 2016

By Robert742573

Tesson Heights was very nice. They were all cordial. The apartments were not as big as I wanted, but they were clean. Everything was OK, but it was out of my price range. The food was very good.

October 14, 2016

By Gary471731

We visited Tesson Heights. The sales person -- Susan -- was very good. She gave me a really nice tour. It is a very beautiful facility. They have a bus that can take you places if you want to go outside of the property. They have a room that I think they use for like music and stuff like that, and they have a library place with lots of books.

July 10, 2016

By Margie535477

We moved my mother into Tesson Heights Senior Living, and it seems like it’s working out fine so far. She’s been there about three weeks. The staff was real nice there and it was one of the more reasonable ones we looked at. Sometimes, she complains about the food, but I think she’s having a hard time adjusting. She goes to the mass on Friday. They were playing some kind of game in one of the rooms and playing bingo one time. It’s not a real huge facility, but it’s the perfect size. Her little studio apartment turned out to be really nice. We fit a lot of her own furniture in there to make her feel more like it was her own home still. One thing that’s good is they get three meals a day, and I think she really enjoys the breakfasts.

July 03, 2016

By Bill308662

The staff at Tesson Heights was very friendly. The residents were relatively happy. The rooms were on the small side but fairly clean.

June 28, 2016

By Terri311807

We really liked Tesson Heights. It was nice and clean but was a little bit older. Everybody seemed really happy there. They were having a birthday party when we were there. It was a little dark in the hallways, but it was a lot better priced than the other ones. They had individual dining rooms on each floor. The atmosphere was happy. Everybody was real nice and friendly. They had a big cafeteria downstairs.

June 10, 2016

By DH068658

Tesson Heights was very nice but seemed a little older and a lot smaller. The staff seemed very nice. The rooms were small and dark, and because it's older, it doesn't have a lot of natural light. Their grounds were nice outside and their dining room had assigned seating. They did not have a pool, but they had a church, library, and outings. They did not have doctors on-site, but you could schedule an appointment, and they will drive you there. They had a multi-purpose room for exercising, movies, and more.

November 10, 2015

By Rachel24

My mom is at Tesson Heights. The staff seems friendly and knowledgeable. The residents seem a little younger and more able-bodied. They have independent living as well as assisted living and have a nice garden and outdoor area that I like. They provide transportation and have social program outings and shopping.

July 20, 2015

We did go to Tesson Heights, and we weren't as impressed with it as the others. It was older, and they were redoing parts of it because they had had water damage. The food was OK, but it wasn't exceptional. They did have a library and a computer room. The facility was more for people that really needed help; however, they did have nice people running it.

February 27, 2015

By Karen102710550

The one thing that really impressed me with Tesson Heights was everything was inclusive. It was very clean, the people were very nice and even the people who were there as residents would stop and talk to you. They felt comfortable to have a conversation with you. The staff was very helpful, knowledgeable and answered all my questions with facts and knowledge. They didn’t try to hide anything. There were people playing games in a little common room. There were also people out playing music together.

Independent Living Reviews for Tesson Heights

July 01, 2016

By Steve137271

I liked everything at Tesson Heights. It was very clean, and they cared for their residents. The staff member that we gave us the tour was very helpful and informative. We went over the different scenarios as far as the care offered and what we would need to do. So far, we had a very positive experience. They had a big crossword puzzle on the board that they were trying to solve. They had a library and different activities to keep them busy. They served three meals a day.

October 30, 2015

By schwarla

My grandfather moved into Tesson Heights last Sept. 7. We chose it because of location, cost, and activities. The staff was very nice. The director was great; the front desk people were all very willing to answer all our questions, and if they don’t have an answer, they will find it for us. He has a studio apartment with a large walk-in closet. They have bingo, exercise class, arts class, and Wii bowling. They have a nice library with five computers that can be used. They have three meals a day in a nice dining room, and they can order off of a menu or the special of the day.

Questions about Tesson Heights

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Tesson Heights. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We are Independent and Assisted Living so our ages range from 65 to 100. The average age is around 80. They love all the activities and trips our Enrichment Department offers.

What programs or activities does Tesson Heights offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Daily exercise classes, crafts, lunch outings and joy rides. We play bingo, wii bowling, have church services, crafts and much more.

What transportation services does Tesson Heights offer to assisted living residents?

We have a bus with a wheelchair lift and a van. We offer shopping opportunities through the week as well as curb to curb transportation to professional appointment on Tues., Thurs and Friday.

If Tesson Heights accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Under 20 pound dogs and cats with a $500 non refundable pet deposit.

What transportation services does Tesson Heights offer to independent living residents?

Photos of Tesson Heights

Services and Amenities of Tesson Heights

• Pets: Yes

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

• State Licenses: 13663D

About Tesson Heights

Discover that the sky’s the limit at Tesson Heights, home to Independent Living and Assisted Living services in St. Louis. From thoughtfully designed floor plans to the exceptional services and myriad recreational and social opportunities, residents may just find that we have thought of everything. Our experienced staff specializes in creating tailored care plans that fit individual needs and can assist with a variety of services depending on the care level required. Flexible floor plans give variety and allow residents to choose the apartment that is right for them and their lifestyles. Outside of the apartments, residents discover a warm and inviting atmosphere and an opportunity to make new friends while participating in exercise programs, recreation events and entertainment programming. Our community is close to a number of shopping, dining and entertainment destinations, as well as hospitals for peace of mind. Complimentary transportation can be scheduled from Tesson Heights for residents’ convenience.

Map of Tesson Heights