Sunrise On Clayton Richmond Heights, MO

Reviews of Sunrise On Clayton

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise On Clayton

February 15, 2019

By Susan

Sunrise On Clayton was very nice. The person who helped me was excellent. The dining area looked very inviting. The room was nice but too small for us. The place was modern.

February 14, 2018

By Walter

My mom was in Sunrise for four years. Her room was spacious. They never have enough people, so the staff did not respond to the calls. They couldn't keep their staff. The food was excellent. If you're independent, it would be a nice place to live.

Good Morning Walter. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving(dot) com with further details so we may follow up especially around staffing. Thank you. - The Sunrise Team

August 27, 2017

By Anonymous

Sunrise On Clayton was a great place with nice people and little pets, which was nice. They had a house dog and a house cat. It seemed like a good facility. The dining area was nice. Everybody ate together, but they had to watch them. The lady who showed me around was very nice, and the person who greeted me at the desk was very welcoming.

March 06, 2017

By Relative054550

The room was homey, and the location was convenient at Sunrise on Clayton. The windows looked wider, and the view was good for Dad. They had different activities every week.

February 18, 2017

By McGlothin

My mother has been a resident of sunrise on Clayton since 2009. Initially we were so happy with her care and the beautiful environment. . Once she transitioned to the Third floor memory care unit there was a definite change in our satisfaction and her level of care. It all boils down to the fact that although many of their caregivers were compassionate and worked very hard, there was simply not enough of them. There was a general feeling that there was no one in particular in charge and I attribute this to the fact that they have had significant and recurrent turnover of directors. I live out of town but I never bother remembering names because upon my return that particular person would have been replaced. The one thing that Sunrise was consistently good at was increasing their price while not improving the quality of care. It seems in the last three to four years all I have done is consistently fight with the staff on various issues surrounding her care. It was exhausting in addition to being emotionally laborious. I have been unhappy for many years but because I have siblings and family to consider we did not make a move. We have recently done so and we are so delighted. The care is better and the cost is about $2,600 per month cheaper. They are engaging her in various activities and she seems more responsive overall. They are meticulous about her things, her closet, wardrobe and appearance and I appreciate that because I know that's what she would have wanted.

December 08, 2016

By Lynn680778

It has been very good. The room is very nice. I did one dinner, and the food was good. They have been very competent; they have all certified staff -- CNAs and CMTs. They seem to have a good program of activities such as art projects and outings. They have a scrapbooking project -- which my friend hasn’t done yet -- and they do take people on walks. She hasn’t been there that long, but so far, it really just seems pretty positive. They seem very organized. When I take her to the doctor, they have her records organized, and they seem to do a good job of talking to her one-on-one when she gets upset. The security is good. So far, I really don't have anything negative to say about Sunrise on Clayton.

December 03, 2016

By visitor841521

Sunrise was too big for my husband; it's like Grand Central Station there. It's a nice place with activities going on all day long for people and a quiet spot, which were really nice. There were a lot of people walking around and talking. They needed more private areas.

September 30, 2016

By Choona

Sunrise On Clayton was very nice. They had gardening activities, exercise classes, and church services. The dining area was very nice, and the food was fine. It had a porch, patio, and a gardening area.

June 21, 2016

By Suzanne266771

I was very impressed with my tour at Sunrise on Clayton. I had the tour with the activities director because I came in on a Monday and the regular girl wasn't there but they accommodated me, which was great. I was impressed with the facility, and I would love for my parents to go there. Financially, I think they are out of my price range. I saw one of their calendars, and they had plenty of activities every day and physical therapy. When I went to the community, there were people out and about, sitting around and doing things. They weren't just sequestered away to their apartments.

May 17, 2016

By JeffNFXAL

I visited Sunrise on Clayton. The staff was nice and friendly. The place was nice and clean. The people seemed to be friendly. The rooms were bigger and brighter.

August 29, 2013

By Patricia24

My mom moved to Sunrise. It's a wonderful place and it's small. She's living in a beautiful room, a suite and she has excellent care. She's making friends, she loves it and she doesn't want to go back to her house.

January 03, 2013

By daughterofresident

This facility seems to be a good place for assisted living, but not a good place for Dementia care. The third floor residents are often left alone and get very average care.

Thank you for your message. We're very proud of our memory care program and our ability to provide residents with quality care. Each resident in our Reminiscence Neighborhoods has a Life Enrichment Manager, who is specifically focused on designing activities that are unique to the needs of a particular resident and their needs and interests. If you have any questions about these programs, we encourage you to contact us at information@sunriseseniorliving.com.

March 11, 2012

By Dismaayed in Milwaukee

Sunrise on Clayton is a wonderful retirement community. I have a sister living there. It is fairly new with good size independent living apartments with lots of windows and light. The grounds are beautifully landscaped. My sister enjoys the fitness center where she can get her exercise even though her favorite activity is walking. The dining room is beautiful and they have restaurant style dining which means they can make choice of one of three entrees, salad and dessert. I have had dinner with her while visiting and the food was very good and the portion size was just right. They also have on onsite beauty salon, library, and even a bank. I think this is so nice and convenient for the residents. Each apartment has an emergency call system and there are on staff nurse if needed. Sunrise also has an Alzheimer's unit, and assisted living area. The people seemed very friendly there. There is a community room where, when I visited, there were several groups coming in to do Christmas music programs for the resident. My sister is very happy at Sunrise.

Memory Care Reviews for Sunrise On Clayton