Friendship Village Chesterfield Chesterfield, MO

Reviews of Friendship Village Chesterfield

Assisted Living Reviews for Friendship Village Chesterfield

July 28, 2012

By dfox

Friendship village is a nice facility however there are some drawbacks. The facility is adding condominiums around their retention pond/ manmade lake. It has a walking course it has card tables and exercise equipment on each floor. The place is great until critical care then it is only pretty good. Especially in this recession with social security drying up a bit retirement communities even non profit ones such as friendship village are being forced to start looking more at the money side of things. They are looking to expanding and adding many new condo type living units that are barely assisted living at all to make money through selling them as well as to insure clients that will fill spaces in the future when they cannot live on their own anymore. Because of this monetarily based focus the patients that need a lot of care such as my grandmother get ignored more than they should and are not given the care that I believe she should be receiving. Because of this my grandmother has had to pay for a private nurse to come in and make visits as well s to direct the staff to her aid as my grandmother isn't really able to fully articulate what she needs and she is too proud to ask for help. When she was in need of less assistance the facility was great for her. She exercised had a nice community of people she was friends with and the dining hall is actually quite good. I have been there for thanksgiving and eaten thanksgiving there a few times and have been pleasantly surprised. The staff are kind in general and I believe it is still a great place to live. They also have cheap rooms for rent when visiting your family members on premises in the building that come with an email in the dining hall. This is nice because you are right there with your family member. There was a time when my grandmother believed that some things were being stolen by employees from her room but I think it is likely more due to her poor health condition and aging memory. Because friendship village is a non profit it is much more catering towards the quality of life the patients receive rather than just get out as much money as possible. My great uncle Alvin when he was about to pass away was in a nursing home not nearly s nice as friendship village and he ended up being miserable the last year or so of his life which is quite tragic. If you live in this area friendship village is definitely a great option I do believe the waiting list is somewhat long however I am not sure. There is a small lake and it is right next to a giant arboretum. It is pretty close to Saint Louis but still generally away from the hustle and bustle.

May 19, 2012

By Bill Hampton

Overall, I was very impressed with the facility. It is a great place for my grandma to stay. At first she was hesitant, to say the least, about moving from her home of 45 years. But, after a while she came around to enjoying the staff and especially the other residents. From my perspective, the staff was very helpful and seemed to be doing what was need for my grandma. One time, my grandma remarked that it was wonderful having so many caring people to help with her daily tasks. Before she moved here, the family was primarily responsible for taking care of her. Now, this kind of service comes with a good sized price tag. But, I believe it is more than worth it. The neatest thing about the facilities is that everything she needs is on campus. She never really needs to leave the facility. She especially enjoys things such as the pool and social events. The facility itself was beautiful. Honestly, it's much better than my home. I'm really glad my grandma is staying here.

January 20, 2012

By nelsondot

Not only have I visited this facility, but my sister was a former employee at this facility. Friendship Village is nestled in a beautiful, park-like area in Chesterfield MO. Friendship Village has many amenities to offer its residents such as an indoor beauty salon, bowling alley, bank, and a magnificent dining area. Residents enjoy the friendly staff and the one on one attention they receive from their caregivers. The facility is large but very well laid out, thus making it easy to get around. Friendship Village offers excellent transportation service for the residents. Through this transportation system the residents can run errands, go to doctors appointments, and complete many other task that require transportation. Friendship Village is located in Chesterfield MO, an upscale suburb of St. Louis MO. Friendship Village truly lives up to its name. It is not just a community but a village that is made up of friends.

Nursing Home Reviews for Friendship Village Chesterfield

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Friendship Village Chesterfield

Photos of Friendship Village Chesterfield

About Friendship Village Chesterfield

Friendship Village Chesterfield is a senior living provider in Chesterfield, Missouri that offers residents Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, and Continuing Care Communities. Contact Friendship Village Chesterfield for more details on services and rates.

Map of Friendship Village Chesterfield