Brooking Park

Brooking Park (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Brooking Park

Assisted Living Reviews for Brooking Park

March 17, 2015

Mom was in Brooking Park. At first they were doing great and were assisting her. Then they just kind of dropped the ball. They stopped helping her, like getting her down making sure she got the food. She wasn't eating. They wanted to move her to memory care -- which we ended up doing -- but I didn't like the way they did it. I knew she was missing several meals. She was right by the cafeteria. Couldn't they just knock on the door and let her know it's time to eat? She doesn't know what time it is. They used to do that, then they stopped doing it. I don't really understand. Their communication isn't really good, so I wasn't thrilled. I just didn't feel like she was getting the care that she needed, and it may just be because she was in the wrong unit. She should have been in memory care. They promised stuff, they were doing it at first, and then they stopped which is disappointing. Another issue that I had with them that scared me was I found pills underneath her chair when I moved her chair and lifted up stuff. They weren't making sure that she was taking her medicine. She dropped it, and then she couldn't find the pill. I actually saw it happen, so I know that for a fact. They bring it to her, and then they walk out. Every time I went in, I found pills underneath her chair. I did address that with them, and they said that couldn't happen and that they wouldn't allow that. Well, it did happen. So I'm hoping that they cured that problem, but I don't know how long she went without taking pills. She seemed to have missed a lot of them. They did have some good qualities. I just felt like at the time, they really dropped the ball.

July 31, 2014

By rena3552

My husband is in the memory care unit of Brooking Park and it's near my house. They have single rooms, a room with a living room on the side, and also two people in a room with one bathroom. There are a lot of things going on. They have three or four people taking care of them. They have a slew of activities during the week. They have a lady that comes to sing and they all liked that. They also have grounds the residents can walk around. They have a dining room on the first floor and it's set up like in a hotel. My husband is a picky eater but he eats everything there.

June 30, 2011

This facility is the home to a great-aunt of mine. I always enjoy visiting her in this home. There are consistently activities and festivities happening. She has normal services available to her including postal, beauty, light shopping, and a full service gym. As an active senior, she enjoys the freedom but also fellowship that this particular center offers her. The only negative I've heard her mention is the high rollover of nursing staff. On visits, the facility appears clean and welcoming.

Nursing Home Reviews for Brooking Park

• Occupational Therapy

Types of care

• Meal Preparation

About Brooking Park

Brooking Park is a senior living provider in Chesterfield, Missouri that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Brooking Park for more details on services and rates.

Map of Brooking Park