Southview Acres Health Care Center

Reviews of Southview Acres Health Care Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Southview Acres Health Care Center

March 22, 2012

By grandpainahome

Southview is an alright place. I don't have a lot of experience with nursing homes as this was the first one to which my grandpa was admitted, but the staff are all very friendly and the care that my grandpa received led him to go back to his (more or less) normal self. Staff are also welcoming to visitors, as they should be, and very aware of the location of individual residents within the building. My grandpa made fast friends with a few of the staff members. The rooms were pretty bare bones and my grandpa did not have a private room. The room had only a twin bed, bedside table and built in dresser and shelf unit. We had to buy him a small television (the home does have cable). There are lots of meals available and apparently the food is very good as my grandpa attempted several times to have second lunch. Most of the residents seemed fairly cheerful and were eager to have conversations. Of course some were not doing so well and the staff was always right there to support them. I give this home 3 stars because of outdated facilities. Even though the home was clean, the space just felt old. I'm not sure if more modern nursing homes have different layouts or more natural light or what. I do know that my grandpa moved away from this home to another and has made significant progress there.

Services and Amenities of Southview Acres Health Care Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Southview Acres Health Care Center

Southview Acres Health Care Center is a senior living provider in West Saint Paul, Minnesota that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Southview Acres Health Care Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Southview Acres Health Care Center