North Ridge Care Center

Reviews of North Ridge Care Center

Assisted Living Reviews for North Ridge Care Center

March 03, 2017

By Kath847075

I thought that the Residence at Northridge was an absolutely phenomenal facility.The building, apartments, dining facilities, exercise facilities, chapel, and activities were absolutely wonderful, charming, comfortable, and homey. I met a few of the residents who seemed to be extremely happy. The hallways were well lit and very inviting. It seemed more like a home than an apartment building. The person who led us through the information was very well informed and did a wonderful job. She seemed to have a wonderful relationship with the residents; they knew her by first name, and she knew them.

November 27, 2016

By Ralph415884

The Residence at Northridge seems a fit for my brother's situation. It is fairly close to where his daughter is. They seem to have a pretty good set-up for what we feel he needs. The ability to take care of people before you put them on a nursing home. They are competitive price wise. We've eaten there a few times, and the food seems all right. However, they do not have a nice outdoor area for people to go out and sit in nature. They have activities, but I don't know if my brother participates in them that much. They seem to have a calendar of what they do there.

November 05, 2016

By PS381780

The Residence at Northridge was very nice; I liked it a lot. They take you out to have the meals, and you have to buzz down or call down to make sure that you’re OK; otherwise, they will come up and check you. Everything was included in one price. It was very clean and nice, and everybody was very personable. We went early morning because my friend is very petty, and they have continental breakfast with cereal.

February 01, 2014

By Pancake

I go to Masonic Homes the first Tuesday of each month for a caregiver's meeting. I have also visited people who have lived there. My observations there have all been positive. The people are caring and the residents seem content. The apartments are different sizes but they're a good size to meet the needs of the residents. I've had their cookies and some snacks there and those were certainly nice. I've seen group activities where they sing. The singing is real popular and different activities like puzzles and passing the ball around, typical for a senior center. They have an adult day care there also and they have a van that picks up and drops off.

June 28, 2013

By Therese2

I thought they were nice and very friendly, but it was a little pricey

Nursing Home Reviews for North Ridge Care Center

October 25, 2016

By BadExperience

My Dad has been in long term care in 2 West wing at North Ridge Care Center at New Hope, MN for few weeks and I have to tell you that staff in that wing is providing very bad job. There is huge gap in communication between nurse manager Wendy and her nursing staff, then between social workers and nursing staff. My Dad because of his stroke is unable to speak and to call for help when needed like when he wants to go toileting or go to bed for a nap, they say that their staff will check on him every 2-3 hours, but nobody does that, so my family member has to be there to call them. My Dad needs 2 persons assisted and they say they are able to provide that, but 99% of the time, when my family member calls them, only one person comes, if they ever come. Their staff, both NR and NA, is very unprofessional, especially NA; they mostly are untrained and don't know what/how to do to assist residents and don't .want to do it. During the time my Dad has been there; there is only one NA, whom wants to go extra millage for residents and many residents (including my Dad) in long term care appreciate her service; her name is Sandy. Another crazy thing to tell you is that the North Ridge management allows their NAs to use only one package of wet cloth package with 50 pieces to clean residents; one package per resident for a WHOLE WEEK. For stoke residents like my Dad, whom are unable to control their bowel movement and urination; it's a nightmare, because NAs have to use wet toilet paper to clean the stuff up, when they run out of wet cloth - For my Dad one package of wet cloth only holds up for 2-3 days. With all my above experience, I don't think that anyone would like to let their dear family member to be at North Ridge Care Center. The hallway is stinky and rooms smells bad...Nursing staff is horrible...I decide to either transfer my Dad to other place as soon as possible.

March 08, 2016

By Robert's Daughter

My father has been there for 2 months on the 3rd floor for dementia. We have found the staff to be very caring, friendly, and they do their jobs well. They offer many, many activities on a daily basis to help keep my Dad engaged in life. To date, our family is happy with Northridge Care Center and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a skilled nursing facility for their loved one.

December 31, 2015

By loving daughter19

We chose North Ridge Care Center because the people there were really social. There were a lot of people out and about when I walked in the doors. I knew my mom would be really happy there because she is very social. They have a choir, prayer groups, church services, and they play bingo and card games. There are things everyday and she is really involved. She does two different exercise groups every morning. They have outings. I have heard that some people left after they raised prices, but they came right back because they weren't happy at the other places. It was all about the friendliness of everybody and the activities. It has a very welcoming atmosphere. I've tried the food and that's one of the things the people like there. It's excellent. They've got the breakfast that's included in the rent price. My mom doesn't do the lunch, but she does the dinner and the dinner is huge. They've got the appetizer, entrŽe and the dessert. I've eaten there about five different times with my mom. She is thrilled. She says almost everyday when I see her, "You picked just the best place for me, I'm so happy." Her apartment has one bedroom and it's very roomy and very cozy. Every apartment has a window and a view. The feel of the whole place is just very cozy. The receptionist is always very friendly. There are always people in the lobby and that part was a really good sign, the people want to be out and about and talk to the other residents.

September 20, 2015

By Kathy70908150

My mom is at North Ridge. It is terrible. It costs a fortune, and she gets absolutely no care whatsoever. The hospital recommended North Ridge, and it was close-by. My mom had been there before with no problem. Then they have new owners, and it is just terrible. They need more caring staff. The staff that they have now, there's a couple of good ones, but other than that, they are just there to do a job; that's it. They don't care about the people that they're taking care of.

May 06, 2015

By Welsplace

I have had many relatives here. Every thing has been very good. I think many of these reviews are written by people with little knowledge of health care. This is not a hospital. The staff are caring and go the extra mile. Nice job staff. Most of the people that write are unhappy not the happy people.

January 07, 2015

By Dick's daughter

My Father was admitted there in mid-December 2014 because he had received such good care when there for rehab in Nov. 2012. It is now first week of January and I am moving my dad to a new facility. I would never recommend this place to anyone. There was no one there when he was admitted and they put him in the nursing home instead of the TCU for rehab. It took until the next day to get him moved to a private room in the TCU which did not help. No one ever asked about my dad as far as what he could do for himself and what he needed help with. In fact in all the time he has been there no one has ever asked. I have had to hunt people down to get help for him. He is unable to speak due to a stroke so he can't tell anyone when he needs toileting or anything else. I have had residents tell me none of the staff help him at meals and so he doesn't eat. I am a nurse and I am just appalled at the way the staff is never to be found and then acts put-out when they have to do something. Please do not subject a friend or family to this facility. In fact I would not want my enemy to go there. In 21/2 weeks I can not say anything positive about the place. I had a care conference with some administration to inform them of the situation and told them my dad was the perfect patient for their staff because he can't ask for help and he can't talk so he can't tell me if he has gotten any help with anything and nothing really has changed. There have also been concerns about the cleanliness of the bathroom, clothes have been lost, I have helped other residents at meals because the staff is not around or can't be bothered with helping anyone. I would probably not even give the place 1 star.

November 07, 2014

By Tommy B

This place it horrible. Checked my mother in 4 days ago. No one there to help with the process or answer questions. We were just given a room number and left on our own. It got worse though. My Dad had all her medical information that he tried to had off to a nurse. Didn't work. I spent the night at his condo and got 4 calls from nurses asking questions about her meds!! Duh? All that info was provided and not looked at or shared. And meal time? No one to provide and direction or help for meal times. She's there for memory care. That means she needs help with that stuff. Not at North Ridge. Run like the wind if you're ever considering this place. We're now on a waiting list for a better facility,

July 04, 2014

By Grieving now

My mother a resident there was becoming very ill. We kept trying to tell the staff but they would just brush it off. She started displaying end of life signs which were obvious to us but the staff would not do anything for her. She was brought by ambulance the next day to the hospital and died 24 hours later. Getting her to the hospital earlier would not have saved her but she would have been in less pain if brought in earlier. I am very sad about this situation.

April 23, 2014

By beware of poor care

This is not a place you want to send someone you care about or love. The care here was spotty at best. This is not my first nursing home experience and was quite stunned by the staff and poor facilities. There was always trash of some type on the floor when I would arrive. The room wreaked like urine. The bathroom would have feces on the toilet most days. Our relative could not walk at the time and needed help to do everything. Pressing the call button meant waiting 20 minutes and someone would eventually stroll in and just look at you. Half the employees wear their name badges backwards so you can't see them. The staff forgot to bring meals twice that we know about. I also question whether all of the medications that go to a patient are making it to them. Our relative received a painkiller and a couple of other pills daily, relatively at the same time everyday, some days it was a no show. When I inquired about it strangely enough it was time for medication two minutes later. Patients were constantly asking me to please help them, although there was plenty of staff just as close to them as I was. I helped them when I could but was disgusted by a staff that refused to make eye contact with anyone or help patients with basic dignity issues. We had an item go missing the first day, do not bring anything with even miniscule value here.

September 01, 2012

By OT81

Inferior care. Unable to deal with dementia

About North Ridge Care Center

North Ridge Care Center is a senior living provider in New Hope, Minnesota that offers residents Assisted Living, Independent Living, Nursing Homes, and Adult Day Care. Contact North Ridge Care Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of North Ridge Care Center