Inver Glen Senior Living

Reviews of Inver Glen Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Inver Glen Senior Living

August 10, 2015

By Diane M

This chain of assisted living facilities does not deserve one star. The aids in the memory care unit are not certified nurses assistances. They are home health aids. Most of them are kind and really try to do a good job regardless of the lack of training that is provided to them. Had our family known about the lack of training provided and that they were not CNA's we would have never placed my mother in their memory care unit. They are extremely understaffed. 2 aids to dress, bathe, feed, give meds, and care for 14-16 residents in one wing of the memory care unit. Our family spent the last 12 days of my mothers life, 24/7, by her bedside and were horrified about what went on and what didn't. Dozens of issues have been reported to the MN Adult/Elder Abuse and the MN Health Department. The issues include errors in medication dispensed, morphine scheduled every two hours not given for six hours because the aids said they were "busy"; this happened for three days in a row in the morning. So our mother had no pain management. My mother was unable to speak for the past 2 years due to her Alzheimer's. She did not have a voice and I shutter ever time I think of what she has endured. The director and the Director of Nursing nor the LPN nurse did not check on my mother one time in the 12 days we were there or even ask about her. Thank God we had hospice for my mother and they would stop in every day. After our mothers passing, not one person in management offered their condolences. Our mother has been gone now for 20 days and I received the final bill on the mail with a sympathy card (no envelope) tucked inside. I guess they saved a stamp. Please do your research before placing your parents. Then spend lots of time with them. Including overnights.

July 31, 2014

By Mary89462950

The staff of Inver Glen Senior Living are very friendly and very outgoing. I perceive them to be very caring. They seem to always have smiles on their faces and they call the residents by their first names. They are very talkative and engage in conversation. A lot of their services are à la carte pieces, which was very appealing to my mother. The monthly rent was very reasonable. It was in a location that she wanted to be in and they had a unit that was available for her to move into right away -- that was of particular importance to her. They have a wide variety of card and board games as well as Bingo. Additionally, they go grocery shopping on a regular basis.

March 30, 2012

By Laurieg200

A beautiful, clean, well-run facility with a sincere, caring staff! After caring for my Dad (who subsequently died of cancer) and my mother (with dementia) for a long time, knew it was time to move her. The Director, Julie, has been so helpful, always gives guidance, returns calls quickly and seems to know mom really well. I am not sure how she does it with numerous residents! She was especially helpful as we muddled our way through transitioning mom into assisted living, then into memory care. The staff treats our mother with respect and appreciates her sense of humor. We always feel welcomed to visit or stay for supper! The programs and events they offer are interesting and appropriate.

About Inver Glen Senior Living

Inver Glen Senior Living is a senior living provider in Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota that offers residents Assisted Living. Contact Inver Glen Senior Living for more details on services and rates.

Map of Inver Glen Senior Living