St Lucas Care Center

Reviews of St Lucas Care Center

Nursing Home Reviews for St Lucas Care Center

April 27, 2014

By Gina Nisbit

My grandfather has been there for less than 48 hours, and he's there to recuperate from a hip surgery. In the first 24 hours, we were told he was too much trouble for the short term care staff, and needed to be moved to the long term/memory care area so they could keep a better eye on him. Ok. I can deal with that, but less than 12 hours after he was transferred to the long term care floor, he fell trying to get out of his bed which he wasn't supposed to do, and was supposed to be watched for, and we had warned them multiple times that this was going to be a problem. This morning the staff called to ask us if there was any way we could come down and sit with him all day every day during his recuperation to keep him busy so he would be less of a problem for them. We told them we would visit him daily, but we would not be able to spend 18 hours a day with him, and they were going to have to find a way to do the job they were being paid to do. Then during our visit with him this afternoon, a staff member told us that they've learned that Grandpa likes to hold hands with people and that they've already learned that they need to get out of his room before he does that or they'll have to talk to him. Really??? REALLY??? What the hell is wrong with holding his hand for a few minutes and talking to him to offer him some comfort??? We didn't want him in St. Lucas in the first place, and only have him there long enough for a room to open up for him at another facility. The hospital said that his insurance wouldn't let him stay at the hospital, so unless we could afford to privately pay to keep him in the hospital until the right place could take him, we would have no choice but to place him at St. Lucas for a few days.

June 19, 2013

By bethanny

honestly, I only gave it one star because I had to...I have lost two family members from this place. They are understaffed and their care is unacceptable! Every time I have visited my family members who have been residence are lying there with wet diapers. We pushed the nurse button and it took at least 20 minutes for them to come in. As well they both had feeding tubes and they were left laying on their backs (anyone who knows anything about feeding tubes knows they must be at a 45o angle or else they will get pneumonia). I'm defiantly not satisfied with their care and never will be!

Services and Amenities of St Lucas Care Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About St Lucas Care Center

St Lucas Care Center is a senior living provider in Faribault, Minnesota that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact St Lucas Care Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of St Lucas Care Center