Brookdale Edina

Brookdale Edina (844) 325-8230

Reviews of Brookdale Edina

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Edina

May 07, 2015

The entire building has been undergoing a remodel for about a year and a half, and it's not finished yet. The noise level and disruption have been extremely stressful for many residents, some of whom have had to move on very short notice to a different section of the building. There are many blocked-off areas, and tools, ladders, and other construction supplies that present fall risks and other dangers to the residents. Throughout this time, the facility has continued to charge full rent, at least to my family member. The management keeps saying how much people will love the final result, but I don't think that matters as much to some of the residents as having a quieter, safer, less chaotic home.

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us is not fully meeting you and your loved one’s expectations. We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 or email us at familyconnection@brookdale.com to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

March 30, 2015

They didn't have the memory care in Edina Park Plaza, which they did say they would be having very soon. A lady helped us with a lot of information, as far as talking to us about the elderly waver. They had an indoor park, and they did allow the public to come in and goof around in there with the children. They had a swimming pool and exercise place, and it's right attached to the assisted living.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your feedback. We hope you will come back and visit us soon!

March 03, 2015

By mildred10

This facility is under construction right now. It is a mess! It is very loud and my love ones always complained that at times there is no hot water. Not only does this facility offers Independent Living, but also Assisted Living. The Independent Living residents are better cared for versus the Assisted Living. When I toured the place, I witnessed a man in pain and seemed so lost. He lost his balance and lowered himself to the ground. I had to help him get up, because no staff was in sight. I found a staff in a green shirt and asked where the nurse was and she pointed me out to her office. I went in there and she was not there. The staff tells me that she was in a meeting. I checked again 2hours later and the staff tells me she was still in a meeting. I could not believe it! I reported to the staff what had occurred, who tells me that this happens all the time. I do not care for this place! It should be reported as a negligence to the state!

We apologize for any inconvenience the construction has caused, and we are looking forward to completing our improvements. We appreciate you taking the time to share your care concerns and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 to discuss in greater detail.

December 29, 2014

The staff at Edina Park Plaza was really great. The woman that showed us around was really warm, helpful, and very detailed. We had lunch beforehand; she set that up for us so we could try the dining facility. We saw several different apartments, and they were updated. They have nice kitchens, and it kind of have a little bit more like a hotel feel than like a home feel. I like the updated apartments.

November 28, 2014

By Kimberly12

Brookdale is one of the nice ones, and it had the price that we could afford. The staff is very nice, and they are on doing some updating so there is some construction going on which is really hard on my dad. The food is OK; it’s not great, but it’s okay. There are quite a few activities like book readings, sing-alongs, and trips; they’ve got a bus, and the location is nice.

October 16, 2014

When we were at Edina Park Plaza, it was under construction. It was very noisy, and it was really hard to get a good feel for how it really was there. It was a high rise building which my mom wasn’t really interested in, and it wasn’t a good fit for us. It just seemed like it was a hard place to get in and out of and difficult for people parking and coming to visit. There were a few things that were just not very pleasant about that.

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. We are currently remodeling our dining room and public areas, and unfortunately, some parking is temporarily closed off due to the remodeling. Our residents are looking forward to the renovations and we hope you will visit again to see all of the improvements we have made!

July 31, 2014

By Peggy35

I thought the food at Edina Park Plaza was very good; the tour was nice; and we enjoyed the facility. The staff were all very nice. The dining facility was what I liked the most and the overall layout was nice, too.

June 28, 2014

I got a tour of Edina Park, and the staff was excellent. They answered all my questions quite clearly. I saw people sitting and reading and playing cards, and there were people in the dining room chatting. The parking was easy. The rooms were beautiful. The size was adequate, and they had a good kitchen area and safety poles. They’ve got excellent views out the window. The attitude of the staff was very good. The marketing manager went out of her way to help us, and she was excellent.

March 31, 2014

Edina Park Plaza indicated that they were going through a fairly major renovation. The bathroom was remodeled, and they had all of the safety grips, but they had those things before. It's just that it was time for an upgrade, evidently. They had kitchens with marble-looking countertops and new appliances. The windows are big, so there is a lot of natural light in the windows in the rooms. In some cases, they're from a very high ceiling down, not to the floor but to within a couple of feet of the floor, so it's very bright and sunny. The people were very nice. We met some of the residents and the staff. They have a nice area for dining, as well as an area where they can go out onto. It's not outside, but it's into Edinborough covered park area, which has trees, and they do activities and concerts and things there as well. It has a good connection to the rest of the building in the facility and community. It was a good, interesting visit.

March 29, 2014

By Rick18

Edina Park Plaza was nice, but they remodeled all the things now, and I haven't been there since it was remodeled. I only got to meet a couple of their staff members, and they were very friendly and very pleasant. They had an exercise area there, and it was very nice. I also know that they had level three rehab there.

December 30, 2013

By Nancy82036850

Edina Park Plaza it fabulous. They treat my mom with such respect and kindness. When we get to the restaurant of the place, they always make sure to get her order first and talk to her. It just needs a little remodeling and the elevator is slightly worn. But I am very pleased and I highly recommend it to others.

September 09, 2013

I saw two different apartments of Edina Park. They were quite nice. They're doing a multi-million dollar renovation and expansion. They were very proud of their food services, so I was invited to have lunch but I was unable to stay at that point. One of the things that I like about it is it's connected to really nice indoor park. I would recommend this facility to others.

September 05, 2013

By johnsondgdt

Beautiful lobby! Does NOT feel like like anything other than a luxury hotel. This feeling carries over into the newly remodeled apartments all with large windows. Superior services provided and no stone is left unturned when it comes to amenities.

July 31, 2013

By Shirley24

My parents are in a nice 2-bedroom apartment in Edina Park Plaza. Their room was on the 16th floor and has a balcony with an incredible view especially at night. The food at the restaurant downstairs is very good. The thing that I really like the most is that they have this cafeteria type of service with a huge service menu and items can be paid a la carte. My dad is crippled and has diabetes, and just recently we found out mom has Alzheimer's. They provide (I didn't get to listen how much or what was the number about) meals per person per month, which is really helpful because my mother doesn't have to cook. It also forces her to go downstairs and socialize with other people living there, which is very good.

July 24, 2013

By Rebecca16

Edina Park Plaza was absolutely amazing. It was a block away from where my mother-in-law lived so it was near. The people were warm and family-like. When we went there, they served us lunch and had three residents who joined us so my mother-in-law could ask them questions. They showed us three different floorplans available. They had a lot of activities like music, concert, outings, restaurants and all activities were posted in the wall. It would be nice if they had some green space and outdoor gardens.

July 23, 2012

By heckw33

The Park Plaza always made a good impression on me from the very beginning. Not only me, but my grandmother seemed to enjoy living there as well and honestly, she's not the easiest to please. The staff was always very friendly when greeting and very flexible when it came to moving in and out. I always thought that the facility was very nice and well kept, and it seemed like there were always events and things that my grandmother was taking place in. As far as the food and meals went, my grandmother always raved and sometimes bragged about the meals they would get there. I actually stayed for a meal with her once and the spaghetti was delicious! The common rooms all seemed very large and spacious, and there were always friendly residents around to talk to. It seemed like everyone I would encounter always was in a good mood. If I had to recommend an assisted living facility near the Twin Cities, I would definitely recommend the Park Plaza.

July 23, 2012

By Joe S.

My family put my great uncle into the Edina Park Plaza Assisted Living and Senior Community because he was struggling living by himself. We thought it would be a painful process moving him into the facility, but the staff made it as easy and painless as possible. My great uncle learned to enjoy himself here, as he enjoyed the food and the multitude of different activities he could take part in with the other residents. The other residents were also very nice, and truly seemed to enjoy their time at the facility. When my great uncle's time finally came, the facility staff again helped make the process as painless as possible, and were incredibly kind and understanding during the whole thing. I would definitely recommend Edina Park Plaza Assisted Living and Senior Community to anyone, they will take very good care of your loved ones, and make a rather difficult time go as smoothly as possible.

March 26, 2012

By cocoabutter

Edina Park Plaza Assisted Living and Senior community was probably one of the best assisted living facilities that I have ever been to. Every area that I saw was in excellent condition and exceptionally clean. The common areas are very large and open and provided a very welcoming atmosphere. The occupants that I observed seemed very happy and had only good things to say about the facility. One person spoke of the wonderful food quality and options that they have. I was surprised to see a menu with a variety of detailed options; nothing even comparable to other facilities that I have seen. The staff seemed very friendly and knowledgeable about the residents and their needs. They seemed to offer shuttle services several times throughout the day. Overall, I was very impressed by this facilities clean and inviting atmosphere and amenities. The staff and residents seemed to have respect for one another and it seemed like a place for seniors to create meaningful relationships. I would have no hesitation recommending this location to anyone looking for such a place to live or stay.

February 12, 2012

By nonajoy

We live here, and love it. The food is outstanding, with the staff supportive, caring, and friendly. Bill C., the building manager is a friend to all us and goes out of his way to help in any way possible. The services provided are well-planned, appropriate, and interesting. The shuttle service is very good, running every hour to take us to great shopping, medical appointments, library, and many other locations "in the loop". The design of the building encourages us to get to know one another, but our privacy is always respected. This is a great place to live. Did I mention that the food (restaurant style, with a varied menu) is excellent, and the chefs come out to see if we like what they have prepared, and work hard to please us all.

May 26, 2011

By commercesd

Visited this facility

Edina Park Plaza is located in a conveniently situated area very near Minneapolis. Known as a high-end community, this facility fits right in. My aunt had lived near Edina for many years, so she is familiar with the area and has many friends and family nearby. This will be very convenient for visits. The community includes an accessible and comfortable lifestyle, while providing assistance on an as-needed basis. It was clear that the staff here understand that everyone is different and they act accordingly. Edinborough indoor park provides a year-round opportunity to visit the outdoors regularly, which is unique in Minnesota. The weather can be brutal to deal with, so this part is a welcome attribute. My aunt really liked the gorgeous plants, trees and flowers, walking paths, track, and swimming pool. She had been a member of the YWCA and swam regularly, so this is important to her. We were also told that a professional will tailor a personalized exercise program. The interior and private rooms were really inviting and they can adjust design to your tastes, which is unique. There is plenty of room, adequate for private visitors. The menu features all of my aunt's favorite foods and includes many new things to try. They also make every effort to provide foods that are appetizing and will prepare things to your liking, including new dishes. The staff was very accommodating and also seemed very caring to everyone we encountered at the facility.

May 24, 2011

By slclynn

Visited this facility

Edina Park Plaza is one of the nicest assisted living facilities I have been in. It is immaculately clean and has a warm homey feeling from the special rooms like the library to the swimming pool, walking path and gorgeous gardens. The seniors I visited who lived at Edina Park Plaza loved the fact that they were able to have their dogs living with them and felt that made all the difference in the world to them as far as feeling that they were really home there. The dining room has great décor and the meals look pretty good although I have never eaten there. Edina is a very safe neighborhood according to local crime reports, and the residents I visited really enjoyed walking in the local neighborhood area. The staff were very friendly and were quick to respond to resident's requests. I would definitely give this facility 4 stars.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Edina

May 29, 2014

By Denise20

The rooms were nice. I like that they have a lot of activities. It's connected to the city park, and so there's a lot going on down there. They were having a Christmas show. The staff was real nice, helpful, and knowledgeable. It was good. They were renovating a lot of parts of it. I just thought that the halls were a little close; it's real tight in there. That's the only thing. It's more like a hotel. It's a tall building. The dining area looked nice and clean.

April 26, 2014

What I liked about Edina Park Plaza was that there were so many activities associated with the building, lots of activities for kids. I haven’t seen anything else like it before. The staff seemed fine. It looks like they might have had some turnover with the staff, and I’m thinking that things are just getting busy. It seemed a little bit old, but I know that they’re going through some changes, so it may be a good thing. I want to go someplace that caters to the young and the old, and when I’ve looked at other places, they just don’t measure up to Edina Park Plaza.

October 21, 2013

By Don25

Our impression of this facility was that it was more like a hotel than a Senior home. Narrow halls and small rooms. Pretty expensive, also. Assisted care was provided on an "as needed" from Home delivery.

September 26, 2013

By Aileen48

Edina Park was definitely old but it was clean and well kept. Most people there seemed to be about 80. I never even looked at the rooms or anything. I just said I don't think this is the right place. I had a meal in their dining room and it was fine. The staff was extremely accommodating.

June 22, 2013

By caring06101

My aunt and I visited the Edina Park Place and we liked the facility. They have all the services that we needed. The only concern we have is the price and that's just because my aunt is not used to paying rent, but I think that's priceless comparable to other facility. The people we had interaction with working there were very friendly, knowledgeable and welcoming. We also had lunch there and the food was good. One thing though that she really didn't like was the fact that it overlooked a busy interstate and it was noisy.

September 25, 2012

By Opheim

Myself and my family all agree this facility to be one of the best around. Every time that I go to visit my grandmother there is a great experience. The facilities are very modern and in better shape then most normal apartments and always in a very clean state. The security is also quite good and does not allow for any stragglers to just walk in from off of the street. There are elevators that are large and speedy enough to make sure there are no traffic jams as was witnessed when we used them to help move my grandmother in. Her apartment is very nice with newer appliances and a great view. She is always talking up the meals that they make as just wonderful and loves that she no longer has to cook every meal herself, but she is allowed to make her own food as well. The staff is very professional and courteous and some how has managed not to upset my grandmother at all, and that is very hard to do. There are plenty of other residents around that she has made friends with and is always bragging about the grandchildren and great-grandchildren too as they are to her. Also there are always new events being set up for everyone to do such as movie night, dancing, and board game night. Over all this facility is much better then any other facility that I have been to and would recommend it to anyone.

Photos of Brookdale Edina

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Edina

About Brookdale Edina

Brookdale Edina provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Our Optimum Life&reg and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life&reg is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life&reg we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Each of our Residents enjoy free access to the attached 1.5 acre indoor park with a walking track and junior olympic size heated pool which is much appreciated during the Minnesota winters! Transportation services to Southdale Shopping Center, restaurants, theaters, hospital. doctors. We are a high rise with tremendous views. Also feature Indoor parking and all day dining from 7-7:45. Enjoy our bistro, and complimentary happy hours.

Map of Brookdale Edina