St Marks Living

Reviews of St Marks Living

Nursing Home Reviews for St Marks Living

January 06, 2012

By AMiller1

When my grandmother began to develop Alzheimer's, our entire family was at a loss about what our next step would. Grandma had been independent and living alone in her own home for since my grandfather had passed 40 years ago. Moving her into a nursing home was such a sad occasion for all of us. When we met the staff at Saint Marks, all of our anxieties were relieved. The staff got to know all of us and were wonderful about keeping us updated on the intricacies of grandma's life. If I called to say hi and spoke to a nurse, she could tell me what Grandma had for dinner, what Grandma was watching on television, who Grandma's pals were, what she had talked to Grandma about over coffee that morning. It was very reassuring to know that the staff was actually getting to know my grandma and spend time with her, in a way that I was unable to because of my young family. Grandma's room was lovely, if a bit on the small side. She had a window that looked out onto a pretty landscaped garden. There was plenty of space for her to bring in her antique dresser and rocking chair so that she was able to feel more at home. There was even a cat living in the home that wandered from room to room visiting all of the residents, which was very helpful when grandma started to regress into her childhood memories toward the end. My grandmother passed away this Fall and again Saint Marks went above and beyond to assist my family. They made a very difficult situation a tiny bit more tolerable. The staff was kind and thoughtful, and even sent a basket of flowers to the visitation.

About St Marks Living

St Marks Living is a senior living provider in Austin, Minnesota that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact St Marks Living for more details on services and rates.

Map of St Marks Living