Ashford Court

Reviews of Ashford Court

Independent Living Reviews for Ashford Court

January 10, 2018

By Caring Son

My mother was at Holiday-Ashford Court for about 18 months, but I have now moved her. She made some good friends and enjoyed many of the staff. My mother enjoyed living at Ashford Court. While at Ashford Court, there was a long-term power outage during a storm. My mother fell in her apartment in the darkness of the evening. She laid on the cold floor all night until she could crawl to the door in the morning crying for help. Someone heard her in the morning and she was taken to the hospital. No one checked on her in the darkness during the loss of power. She could have died. Although this is not a requirement by contract, the management knows that the tenants are elderly and need additional oversight in such situations. The building has a nice appearance, but it is very difficult to get answers about financial questions. It is difficult to get a straight answer or information. There have been times that I could not get a return phone call. When I stopped by the offices to get answers, I got rude replies without proper documents or professional explanations. My mother lost thousands of dollars because of confusing information or late replies to financial questions. In my opinion, the bottom line for Holiday-Ashford Court is that money is most important. I have discussed these issues with corporate managers and the bottom line seems to be profit over clients. A multimillion-dollar company could not find a way to help a 95-year-old woman with a refund for misunderstood payments. My mother spent about three months in rehabilitation due to illness. She was not in her apartment. Holiday-Ashford would not allow a change in service charges or the discontinuation of optional services like laundry and meals. Previously, she could stop services during medical care and lower her costs. Holiday-Ashford did not have to provide services or food, but they refused to help a poor old woman by reducing the costs. They continued to charged hundreds of dollars for services and food that were not rendered or needed. Ashford took every dollar that they could from my mother’s bank account before they provided me some answers about the financial charges. Ashford had all of the money before I could examine the charges and raise any objections. There are plenty of other places that will care for your loved one. In my opinion, I would never again put my loved one in such a place.

Hello, we regret to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your experience in our community and are confident this does not represent our community as a whole. We appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback. We will take this feedback and look for ways to improve for our residents and staff. Thank you

November 30, 2017

By Scott

Ashford Court was nice, older, but the people were decent, and seemed to care. They have a library, a salon, and a rec room.

May 22, 2017

By sally722557

Ashford Court seemed old, and I didn't get a good impression. The staff was friendly; a lady toured us around, and then afterwards, we talked to a friendly man. It didn't look bright and shiny, so we didn't care for it.

February 02, 2017

By advocate!

Staff is excellent. Property mgmt is awful. Rent was increased by 6.7% in first year. Residents are wonderful. Facility is extremely clean. Food could be improved with better budgets and more knowledgeable staff.

May 10, 2016

By LyndaAFMZO

To me, the nurses at Ashford Court were completely incompetent in evaluating my aunt because they told me that my aunt needed to go into full-time nursing care. My aunt can dress, bathe, and feed herself. She does not need full-time nursing home care. They need to improve their communication as they don’t return phone calls. It was a big place that offered independent to nursing care. I saw a nice one-bedroom apartment.

Hi there, thank you for your review. We regret to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your experience at our community and are confident this does not represent our community as a whole. We hope to get a second chance to show you how great our leadership is. Thank you

January 29, 2016

By Robin118574050

I really like Ashford Court. It was my favorite among the facilities I visited. They have a lot of staff, and they were very friendly. The residents were very much engaged in different actifvities. Everybody seemed to be happy. The rooms were very nice, and I like the layout of everything in that facility. The residents were doing activities while I was there like cooking, puzzles, movies, and other classes. Everything was one-story, and some of the rooms open right up to the common areas which is nice.

September 07, 2015

By Binks

We moved my father into Ashford Court 5 years ago. The staff there are nice and friendly. About a year ago management changed to Holiday Retirement. Since then the mood has changed for the worst. Employees seem disconnected from the residence. The worst part is his rent has increased from $1250/mo when we moved him in to $1944/mo now. (This doesn't include his care.) Contracts don't matter, they make up their rules as they go. I hate to move my father around at this stage in his life but I don't know what to do.

It is indeed unfortunate to hear the disconcerting news regarding your father’s experience at Ashford Court. Our entire staff takes great pride in our commitment to serving our residents and their families by providing exceptional customer service and we strive to always exceed all expectations. Your concerns have been addressed by our executive team regarding his rent increases and we hope that you understand the unique circumstances that prompted the increases during his stay at Ashford. I assure you that your father’s care, comfort and security is our top priority and I would like to encourage you to contact me directly at the community if you have any future apprehensions or if you are not happy with our services. Again, I apologize for any misunderstanding and would welcome the opportunity to speak with you should you have any future concerns. Thank you for allowing us to serve you and your family it is our primary purpose.

August 21, 2015

I like the programs at Ashford Court. The staff is caring and considerate. There is a variety of activities from outings to just taking them out to dinners. They have different sizes of rooms.

April 07, 2015

By Barbara103928650

Ashford Court was clean, and the manager was very nice during the interview. They offered just dinner. It was very pleasant, but it was just way too much walking. It was in one level, and it was miles and miles of corridors. My mom is 92, so it wasn't going to be beneficial for her to walk up and down the aisles.

March 30, 2015

By Jyll

I loved everything about Ashford. It was gorgeous, fresh, new, and light. Everybody seemed to be family, and nobody seemed to be not glad to be there. I went after work, and the tenants were down there having snacks. They had a little snack shop. They sign upcoming events that they wanted to go to. Everybody knew the director, and they were all stopping and talking to the director about upcoming events. It was just marvelous. I enjoyed it. They gave me a packet, and in it is a coupon for my aunt and my cousin to come and visit them and have lunch or dinner with them as well as tour the facility, and I thought that was kind of neat.

March 19, 2015

By David83761350

A friend has already moved in to Ashford Court. It’s bright and cheerful, and the rooms are of good size. The people answered all our questions. Everything has been taken care of. They responded to some of her wishes, the food is good, and the people are very friendly. No complaints.

February 20, 2015

By Rochelle2

My father is not happy about moving, but my experience with Ashford Court is very good. The staff is very professional, and they followed up. When there were delays and everything, they checked back with me, and they worked with me very well. It's spacious, clean, and close to my home and my sister's home. There is a social calendar.

January 29, 2015

We visited Ashford Court, and it was good. We went to visit and wrote down all the information. We just decided that it went over my dad's budget. For him to live in that facility would make him kind of tight with his money. They really have no issues. They are very nice places, and the staff was very helpful. It would have been great, but he wasn't able to afford it.

December 16, 2014

Ashford Court was big, but the available rooms that they had were small. The staff didn't stand out to where they were friendly. The girl who gave me the tour was informative. Activities were very limited. I didn't see much that my father can do on the calendar posted. However, the dining area was laid out nicely, sanitation was good, and the place was well maintained.

July 31, 2014

After visiting several facilities, I moved my mom to Ashford Court three or four weeks ago and I love it. The facility is absolutely beautiful and very clean. The staff is wonderful and everybody is very helpful. They offer a ton of activities. I cannot even list them all because there are so many. Everything about it is right for my mom. I am really pleased and I will absolutely recommend them to others 100%.

July 20, 2014

By Gregory3

We were able to place my mom at Ashford Court before she died. We chose this place because of our prior experience of the place. My wife's parents were there and so was another person we knew. The facility is very clean and very organized. It has a nice lobby for sitting. We had no problems with the nurse's aide. They came in and helped me when she was still there. Mom was in a nice studio apartment with a bathroom and a kitchenette. It opened up to a nice patio area. They have in-house activities and activities where you could sign up and go out on a daily basis.

April 11, 2013

By Louise4

My mother-in-law is at Ashford Court. She has her own apartment with a kitchenette that has a small refrigerator, a sink, a microwave oven and a countertop. The facility looks like a hotel, with its ceiling, a fireplace and game tables. The food is nourishing. It's not always great but through the most part because my mother-in-law is socializing with other people, she just sits and eats. She can make a little something in her kitchenette too if she wants to. There are numerous activities to take part of every day. There's no extra charge for them. There are exercises and puzzles to participate in. We can also get more assistance using an ala carte menu, and that is added onto the bill. We're probably going to follow through with getting medication assistance because mother forgets them or maybe doesn't want to take her medication. My mother in-law is doing great. She looks so much better. We really thought she was going to die if she stayed where she was previously at. My husband and I are happy.

Questions about Ashford Court

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Ashford Court. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Ashford Court offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Ashford Court exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Ashford Court offer to independent living residents?

If Ashford Court accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Ashford Court work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Ashford Court

Photos of Ashford Court

Services and Amenities of Ashford Court

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Resident Kitchen

• Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Ashford Court

Ashford Court is located in Westland, MI, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Ashford Court for a visit...and stay!

Map of Ashford Court