Heartland - West Bloomfield

Reviews of Heartland - West Bloomfield

Nursing Home Reviews for Heartland - West Bloomfield

April 14, 2018

By andreal

I would like to share my experience at Heartland of West Bloomfield. As always I was treated GREAT. From my nurses, aides, rehab, dining room, corporate, etc. Hopefully I did not miss anyone. I exceeded my goals as I always have. I most definitely owe that to your rehab team, especially Tara, Renee and let’s not forget Rekesh. I even got Rekesh to smile. Thank you again for having me.
Thanks for sharing Andrea! We are glad to hear you exceeded your goals at our center and felt that you were treated great by our staff.

November 24, 2017

By andrea l goldberg123

After visiting the facility 6 times i Have nothing but good things to say

March 21, 2017

By Hcrayton

The Staff here is Amazing, They treat you like family. Absolutely wonderful. Very Comfortable. I will come back if I ever need rehabilitation.

Thank you for sharing Hcrayton!

January 09, 2017

By Michael LV

I got to Heartlans West Bloomfield after a traumatic accident left me with a broken femur and unable to walk. I was depressed initially but was blessed with therapists who helped motivate me every step of the way. They hve worked so hard on me and are the reason for my progress. I have and would recommend Heartland West Bloomfield for all rehab patients. They are very kind with excellent customer service.

Thank you for sharing Michael! We are proud to have served you and help you get better. We appreciate the king words and recommendation.

January 09, 2017

By MIchael 2017

Clean with amazing staff. They have taken so much care of me and helped me through the most difficult time of my life. Extremely happy with the care.

Thank you for sharing Michael! We are proud to have served you and helped you get better!

May 22, 2016

By AnaUDPXJ

The people at Heartland of West Bloomingfield were very nice and showed us around. It was an old building with nice rooms. We didn't try their food, but the menu looked good. The activities looked OK.

December 01, 2015

By Pat and Bob

This facility cannot care for memory care patients. They called me every night telling me to come there because they could not care for my husband after I had been there all day. Also they lost my husband's glasses the first day. Not a good place for memory care patients.

February 05, 2015

By yduj

Our family was impressed with the care that my husband received at Heartland last month. He had been in the hospital with pneumonia prior to his stay at Heartland. The Occupational Therapists and Physical Therapists who worked with Howard were wonderful. He had great Nursing care. Thank you!!!

October 12, 2014

By PARO

Arrived late on Friday with my wife who had just had a total knee replacement. Although notified, staff did not meet us at the door with a wheelchair. Staff could not properly take an accurate blood pressure. Staff AND management insisted that therapist evaluation before permitting my wife to use a walker to go from bed to bathroom. Would not permit us to have our physician see patient. We left after less than 45 minutes. Rating would be no stars if possible. DO NOT GO TO THIS FACILITY!

May 20, 2014

Mom came out of the hospital and needed full nursing care so went to Heartland – West Bloomfield for six weeks. My mother got a serious bedsore there, which was totally unacceptable, and they didn’t tell us about it. We ended up finding about it through another doctor, and that is really bad. A doctor came in to see her, and he told her that he didn’t think she would make it, and I think that is why he wasn’t seriously paying any attention to her. I think they thought she was not going to make it. But I think the nurses are doing their jobs. I was not very happy with their doctors because they were totally inaccessible and hardly ever came to see her, but the social worker was great to work with, and they really helped us when we needed to get transportation for doctor's appointments.

February 19, 2014

By Loving member of family

There is only one word to describe the way they take care of their patients -- NEGLECT!!! I would NEVER recommend this absolutely horrible facility. The lack of care from the staff is inexcusable. In the last year I have had numerous other family members in other facilities (not Heartland) and although there is no 'perfect' place, this has got to be one of the worst facilities I've ever seen. There are so many negatives I couldn't begin to describe them all. However, I will share some of the experiences: patient fell and was never told about it (they are required by law but never told family); patient contracted c-diff (which is highly contagious) and never told family about it or had the proper protection available to family/friends when visiting therefore jeopardizing their health and extended families health. Nurses aid splattered fecal matter all over room when changing resident and never had maintenance clean up. Never tended to horrible diaper rash of resident resulting in bed sores; complete lack of respect for the individual and how they must feel. Also, administrator would never return phone calls when trying to get info. I wish our family could go back and do again. We never would have placed them at Heartland. Our loved one has recently deceased and the only saving grace, is least they're out of Heartland -- pretty sad that the loss of someone you love brings more comfort than in their stay at Heartland. If you truly love your relative, find another facility.

January 06, 2014

By gaylelynn

This place was like a snake pit atmosphere. I was recuperating from open heart surgery and put in a room with an Alzheimer's patient who screamed 24 hours a day. Aides and nurses barely spoke English and therapy staff lied that faces off. They told me about consultations with my doctor and when I checked there were none. One therapist on staff and up to 30 patients hustled in therapy room all given same exercises. I went once. Aides off the street all had badges that said "physical therapist", but in fact had no credentials whatsoever. Food was deplorable. I asked for brown sugar once for oatmeal and was given a white lump. I had one piece of real meat in a month. Everything else was McDonalds quality (ground up meat, addititives and grain formed in a patty). Spinach "salad" was topped with mustard. Library had one two day old newspaper and no books. Nice place huh?

February 06, 2013

By Cgt3

I would not recommend this facility after my mother was a patient there, and fell after the first week. The staff reported they did not know how long she was on the floor, and that if we wanted her to have a safety companion be with her, they were not responsible. The staff did the very minimal guidelines. The speech pathologist and dietitian were very caring of her. The lack of concern demonstrated for the patients was astounding. My mother was over medicated to the Lint she was like a zombie with a hand tremor. Perhaps this place would be good for someone younger with few needs, but for someone who is already suffering due to rigorous cancer treatment, I would not recommend this place.

January 27, 2012

By lablover12

This particular nursing home was in my opinion, typical of other nursing homes I have visited in the past. Since this particular nursing home is located in an upper class community, I expected it to be more updated and have less of a stereotypical "nursing home" feeling. However, when entering the facility to visit my grandmother, it was very typical to any other nursing home I have visited in the past. The decor was a bit outdated and as all nursing homes, it had that particular "odor" about the place. The nusring staff was wonderful to myself, my grandmother and my family. They were always willing to answer any questions we had concerning our grandmother whether we were there visiting in person, or if we called on the phone to check in on her. We had no problems with visitng hours and we were allowed to bring her great-grandchildren up to visit. They were very understanding and patient with her as she began her onset of dementia. The staff would listen to her needs and concerns and take care of them as quickly as possible. The staff was also very accomodating to her husband who would come and visit quite often as well. He too was developing dementia also, so at times, he required assistance and the staff was happy to provide it to him when needed. Even though my impression of this facility at first was that of a "typical" nursing home, once we began visiting on a regular basis and were familiar with the staff, we were re-assured that our family member was being taken care of and that they were providing the best care they could to her. I would recommend this facility to anyone looking into nursing home living for their family members. It is in a good, safe community, and the staff truly cares about the patients that are there.

Services and Amenities of Heartland - West Bloomfield

About Heartland - West Bloomfield

Heartland - West Bloomfield is a senior living provider in West Bloomfield, Michigan that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Heartland - West Bloomfield for more details on services and rates.

Map of Heartland - West Bloomfield