The Inn At Cass Lake

Reviews of The Inn At Cass Lake

Independent Living Reviews for The Inn At Cass Lake

March 31, 2020

By Eric

I was impressed with The Inn at Cass Lake. It was a good facility. The people care about their facility. They do a really good job, but the activities were not as abundant compared to the other ones.

Thank you, Eric, for the great review! We certainly aim to provide a wide variety of engaging, fulfilling, and entertaining activities for our residents, so your feedback is appreciated.

March 14, 2020

By Joseph

The Inn At Cass Lake was my second choice. The person who showed me around was very friendly, and she followed up with me. Everybody was very friendly and it had a nice atmosphere, but the rooms were smaller than other places, and you can't cook in the rooms. They also had a bus.

Hi Joseph, thank you for the 5-star review. We appreciate you considering The Inn at Cass Lake. We regret we are not the perfect fit for you at this time but hope you will reconsider us in the future!

October 10, 2019

By Lee

We went to the Inn At Cass Lake. It was excellent, and we loved the place. It was a little far from where we wanted to be, and from where we currently live, but it's wonderful, beautiful, very comfortable-looking, and the staff was very helpful. We decided it wouldn't be suited to our financial needs, but It's a wonderful place.

April 08, 2019

By Steven

My dad is a resident of the Inn at Cass Lake. He has significant memory loss, but he’s well-cared for. It’s a three-story building, it has two wings, and balconies or a walkouts on each floor. It has an atrium in the middle of the building, and a dining room on the first floor that's accessible from the entryway. They have an independent company in the building that provides aid to the residents. They provide room service, some cleaning, and laundry services, but you pay extra for that. They also do food service and cleaning in the rest of the building. Dad is in a small room because that's what he wanted. He’s with people who are stimulating, fun, they have activities, they do things, and he chooses the activities he wants. They have an activivity program, and I would rate the person in charge very highly. They provide three meals a day, and the value is quite good. There's a one-time community fee that’s non refundable, and that could be an issue for some people. My dad gets medicine once a day, which is a relatively expensive service for what they provide, but they kept an eye out for him, and the staff of the independent care company brought some issues to our attention. Thanks to them he was able to take his antibiotics immediately and no hospitalization was necessary.

September 27, 2018

By MK

The Inn At Cass Lake is a real nice, clean, and an open place. I chose it because it was within our budget and it was open and roomy. The dining area is large and doesn't feel cramped. The staff is nice and friendly. Dad is having difficulty adjusting to this because he does have some dementia and memory loss, but the staff is working with him and everybody there has been real nice. They have something going on all the time. It seems like they try and keep the seniors occupied. They had Kids Day where they brought in ponies for the residents grandkids and great grandkids. They had animals there for people to pet, and they brought in goats, rabbits, and other animals for the kids. They have different activities to meet everybody's needs. They have happy hour that my father took part in. The food seems great. The staff has been really good. They're going above and beyond for my dad because of his dementia. They're doing some things at no additional charge to help him with the transition and it's very affordable.

October 23, 2017

By KG

We were not impressed with The Inn At Cass Lake. It was an older building. The staff was great, but it definitely was not something that my sister or I would feel comfortable with. Mom is Catholic and she really likes to attend church and church services and she's very traditional in her beliefs. Their setup for their service was just a room where on Tuesdays they have communion or something like that, and that was something that my mom definitely was not interested in. The staff was very friendly and they were actually having their Senior Olympic awards, so they were having a lot of fun that day.

Hi Kg, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback about your experience with us. We are sorry to hear The Inn at Cass Lake didn't meet expectations. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we can improve. We hope you will consider us again in the future. Take care.

May 02, 2017

By florencegdhtr

we loved having grandma at the Inn. the staff was attentive and understanding for when she was...difficult. What I appreciated most was them keeping in touch with me when grandma needed some extra attention. That told me they noticed and we're keeping an eye on her. We used the care company in the building that takes care of the residents 24 hours a day (no more middle of the night calls to me or mom) and they had a nurse on staff, so there was never a time grandma didn't have what she needed. The cleaning staff is amazing. Everytime I go into the building the halls and laundry rooms and the main area they congregate and have their entertainment is always bright and fresh and clean. I had to mention that because I am picky about odors and cleanliness. The weekly live entertainment was always beyond expectations. They have weekly events, not just some guy playing the piano, like in the last place she was. Grandmas room was beautiful with lots of windows and a balcony. It was large enough for her to have brought everything from her previous community and then had to buy a few items to fill up the extra space. This was a great choice.

April 18, 2017

By Nancy317680

I liked The Inn at Cass Lake but it looked so much older and needs to be updated a little bit. I didn’t like the rooms because they only had a little kitchenette and my mother-in-law needed a full kitchen. The people were very nice and wonderful. The person who runs the community was phenomenal and was a wealth of information. She helped me numerous times despite knowing that we’re not going with them and even offered assistance.

January 26, 2017

By Jim822510

The Inn is part of the Holiday chain, and Holiday has places in the U.S. where you can go, stay with your relatives, and travel around. It's a very nice place with a two-story, wide open, beautiful dining room. Their list of activities was not as broad as others.

December 03, 2016

By Sharon584683

The Inn at Cass Lake was nice, and there were a lot of activities going on. The room that I saw, however, had bugs on the floor even though they just put in new carpet. However, we realized that we needed more care than independent living.

November 28, 2016

By Tim757604

The Inn At Cass Lake looks very nice and clean except when we went on one floor you could smell cigarette smoke, and we did not care for that. The rooms looked nice. If it wasn't for the cigarette smoke, I think mom would consider it. The staff was very accommodating.

October 27, 2016

By Julie150364

Our experience at The Inn at Cass Lake was very nice. My father wanted more space, but it only had a kitchenette where he wanted a full kitchen. I remember the dining room was very nice, and they had a library or TV watching. Most of the apartments had balconies or patio and laundry.

October 24, 2016

By Deborah062146

The Inn at Cass Lake did not appear to be as clean as the other three facilities we visited, so we took it off our list. They allow residents to smoke in their apartments, and one of the apartments we toured smelled of cigarette smoke since someone had just moved out. Although they were trying to eliminate the smell, it just turned us off. The staff was very friendly.

October 20, 2016

By Betsy787280

I loved The Inn At Cass Lake. When you talk to them and give them your requirements, they don't hesitate to try and work with you. We have been served fish for dinner, and it was great. You had a choice between fish and 2 other entrees.

September 13, 2016

By Erin715762

The Inn At Cass Lake was nice, but it's for people who are more outgoing. The apartments were very nice and spacious, but they didn't have a full kitchen and a laundry inside. There was only one dining area, and it looked like it had a very big community. The food was kind of salty for me. They take the residents to the grocery store. It's not for a more reclusive type of person.

February 22, 2016

By Judy120701750

The Inn At Cass Lake was a very loving community. Everybody was very nice. My mom’s room had a little kitchenette with a refrigerator, a living room, a nice-sized bedroom, and a bathroom. They had a lot of activities there, like card games, and an activity room where they do crafts and stuff. They had entertainment at least twice a week and exercise classes; there was always something going on. The food was pretty good.

December 20, 2015

By Jeanne33

We found the Inn to be a very open and caring community. The people had a lot options of different things to do. They provided a lot of levels of care. They have live entertainment once a week, exercise classes five days a week, and different game activities several times a day. There’s a library, exercise room, and a beauty shop. They have a chef that prepares their meals, of which residents had four choices, so there’s something to accommodate everyone. All of the rooms were very nice. They have single rooms, one-bedrooms, and two-bedrooms available.

June 30, 2015

By Kim110441050

I chose The Inn at Cass Lake because it was closer to my house. They had exercise programs and different levels of care. The place was very clean and the people were very efficient and nice. The room was like a studio with three closets in it. I wish you could take two of the closets out, but some people had more stuff than others did. The bathroom was big. The room was nice. It had a little deck on it so you could be able to go outside if you want.

June 15, 2015

The Inn provides three meals a day; they have full breakfast, their main meal is lunch, and then they have an evening meal. The staff was very nice, and they have a gazillion of activities.

June 12, 2015

By family=caring

The facility is pretty, but the office staff is rude and uncaring.If situations occur they act as if it is an inconvenience to here complaints or concerns always shifting the blame else where!We have had multiple issue with the keys not working in the apartment door & made 4 contacts with them about it with very little concern.The aide staff is not my favorite @ times but their are a few i really like . housekeeping staff some can't speak english which is a issue for residents with dementia and hearing issues.the activities director is great at interacting with reaidents & plans great events for entertainment.

Hi - I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement home office. I'm so sorry to hear that your family member is having a negative experience at The Inn at Cass Lake, and am even more upset to hear that it's because of our associates. Being rude and abrupt with residents and their families is absolutely uncalled for and will not be tolerated. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I've passed your review onto our Resident Relations department for further investigation and action. Please know that you're welcome to call them as well if you have anything else to add. Their number is 1-800-370-8331. Thank you, and my apologies, Katie

December 09, 2014

By maggie dear

I am a family member. And the facility is great. Very open and great. But the staff seems to be very busy and when it comes to a resident that needs more work as our aunt they dont seem to have much time. My aunt says she is blown off a lot. As well there is a resident that we see very often when we visit, he use to make us a little nervous but after getting to know him, he is so nice and talkative, very. but my husband and i can tell he is just old, and wants to chit chat. he is known as the guy who walks, my aunt talks of him often and worries that the staff is not trying with him. The concern she has with seeing the staff not take time out with this resident and seem burdened by him, and gossiping with residents about him instead of helping the residents understand he is just different is hard for her, With our aunts Alzheimers progressing she is worried how she will be treated after watching them treat this other resident as a burden. She currently has us looking for other homes before she progresses so she feels comfortbale in the care, after she progresses. Other then management the facility idea is great.

Hi Maggie, Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention. Each Holiday resident should feel comfortable and engaged, so I agree that your aunt's concerns are very valid. Could you please call our Resident Relations department at 1-800-370-8331 at your convenience to further voice your concern? Thank you again,

December 09, 2014

By Hazel4

The Inn at Cass Lake is a beautiful facility, but their rooms are a little bit smaller. What I don’t like about them is that they only have one elevator. It's an independent living, but nobody has a cooking stove. They only have a microwave. The dining area is very huge with lots of windows, and it's very inviting. I like the outside of the building and the grounds. The staff are friendly and informative, although they are more expensive.

October 25, 2014

We have already made a decision, and my loved one has moved in. She is at Inn at Cass Lake. My overall experience with the community is very positive. The rooms and surroundings are very nice. It is a mid-size type of community. It took a couple of months, but she is very happy now.

August 17, 2014

By herschel

One of the nicest communities we have visited. Director we spoke with really encourages pets (we have a cat). Rent includes all fees except phone. Weekly housekeeping, linen service and even free toilet paper. She also seems to really care about her clients. Nice uplifting decor; dedicated chapel space. Artwork everywhere (some by residents). Residents we have met are enthusiastic about it. Director confide that the company (Holiday) makes them invite potential residents to meals and other events, but it builds a relationship with the community.

June 27, 2014

My husband and I went to the Inn. They have something like a gathering room right when you came in where people would sit and talk, and also an individual wouldn't feel alienated. I think they had a studio and an apartment type. They wouldn't have just only a studio because there were couples living there. They fed us a dinner; the food seemed healthy. They had a resident come up to us and talk about the place, and she said it's been a good experience. Even the chef came out to talk to the residents. I thought it was nice that he came out, and he was properly dressed in white and a white hat. They had a local brass band coming in to play music for them as we were leaving. They had activities. They had disco night, a lot of entertainment. I think they have 3 buses. It was run by a husband and wife team who were in their 50s. They were like their home away from home. They were very knowledgeable on everything. Everybody looked like they were happy. They weren't all hunched over the tables. I went away from there feeling very good.

November 21, 2013

By Patty20

My mom has been in The Inn at Cass Lake for three weeks now. I like this place. It seems very welcoming and friendly. They really encourage the family to come visit her on a regular basis. Aside from that, they also let me eat with her there any of the meals that she has for free. The food is fabulous! They're always making these different dishes. If I had my way though, they would be serving soda pop instead of iced tea and lemonade. I like soda pop, but you can always buy it in the vending machine if you want it. They also have constant entertainment there. I also chose this facility because I don't want my mom to cook. There, she gets three meals a day and I'm not grocery shopping for her, I don't need to, so that's a good thing. Right now my mom is getting used to living there. It was a big transition to move her. However, it is very nice there. Her apartment is large and roomy. Her bathroom is accessible. It would only take about 8 steps from her bed. However, I'm not excited about the price. I was a little disappointment about having to put down so much money as a deposit. In fact, I was totally taken back and shocked. But the good thing is, they let me move in and they didn't charge me for the first two weeks. They also said I could eat there for three months with no charges. This facility is local, so its location is also perfect. It's near my mom's old home, which means that her family and friends don't have to drive an extended period of time if they want to visit her there. At that time, I had two days to find a place for her, but it turned out that this facility is a great choice.

September 30, 2013

By Sheila5

My mom is a current resident of Inn At Cass Lake. She has been there for 14 months now. She has an apartment with a living room, a bedroom, a little balcony, and a big bathroom. She has lots of closets too. However, she only has a kitchenette with a refrigerator and not a full kitchen. Currently, she is doing great! She was like, "This is a pretty good place to stay!" I do go there all the time and I ate with my mom. Most of the food they serve I like, but some I don't like that much. With regards to staff, they're really attentive to their residents. I really appreciate the staff there. The Inn at Cass Lake is an independent living but they do have daycare services right in the place. The best thing about this place is that it's open and cheerful. The hallways are wider and the activity room is more open and central. Their dining room is really nice. All the residents mingle and talk to each other. Some of the places I went to, there wasn't much communication between their residents. They have activities. They have more board games, bingo and stuff like that. They didn't have word games like they have in other facility. They do have a bus that takes their residents to different places on field trips. Every Saturday they have some kind of different entertainment. Sometimes they would have parties. Because it's independent and not assisted living, they don't have a bell system. They have a check-in and check-out system for workers like contractors, nurses, doctors, and people who come in, but they don't require the residents to check out. So how are they going to know they're not checking out on them? That is something of an issue in my opinion.

August 27, 2013

By Bill26

The Inn at Cass Lake is a sister company of the facility in Flint. They are part of a huge chain of retirement homes. The place was fine but I didn't want to go there because it was too far away from my kids. The building and the rooms look comparably the same as with the other facility in Flint. They do have two-bedroom-two-bathroom apartments. We didn't get to meet enough of their staff but the people we did see were fine.

July 24, 2013

By Mary Jane1

The Inn was a very place but I'm not ready for that yet. It was a very clean. The staff I talked to was very nice and very thoughtful.

Costs for The Inn At Cass Lake

Photos of The Inn At Cass Lake

Services and Amenities of The Inn At Cass Lake

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Garage

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About The Inn At Cass Lake

The Inn at Cass Lake is a senior housing facility in Waterford, MI. The facility provides a vibrant backdrop for the new life of every single resident as a valued member of the caring community and offers three delicious meals each day. It also provides housekeeping, linen services, stimulating activities, off-site excursions, transportation to personal appointments, and a range of classes and programs. The staff and residents will welcome everyone with open arms.

Map of The Inn At Cass Lake