Warren Woods Health and Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Warren Woods Health and Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Warren Woods Health and Rehabilitation Center

February 16, 2013

By Concerning

My Father was a patient at Warren Woods for 6 months. The facility smelled of urine, the food was served cold 90% of the time, and staff was very uncaring and downright rude. We always tried to have a family member at Warren Woods with my father at all times. When he first got there they did not have the correct medicinefor him.. They were not checking his blood sugar or blood pressure. When we realized this we went to the director of nursing with our concerns. She acted as if she did not have a clue as to what we were talking about! As it turns out she had no clue about anything that was going on the nursing home. So we went to the administrator who was rude to myself and my sister, shen we questioned the care our father was recieving. I feel sorry for all the patients there. If you do not have a family member to be your advocate when you are a patient there, it is a vey scary place. They put my father who is 84 years old and was there for Rehab and IV antibiotics in a room with 3 other patients who were long term residents there. These 3 other patients had demntia, they were combative sometimes with staff and screamed alot! We asked to have my Father moved to another room and the social worker asked us why? Again just like the Administrator and th director of nursing she was rude and defensive whenever we spoke about a concern about his care! The place was filty and their are knats flying around. Tiny Bugs! They would fly into his food if it was not covered. If we did not help him with bathing, he would never have been bathed. Again we complained to the adminstration and they said it is charted that he is getting a shower twice a week! My Father never saw the inside of a shower room! The first 2 weeks of his sftay there they neve even gothim up to go to therapy! They called it bedside therapy! He was recovering from a broken hip and he was supposed to be getting up every day and walking so we could get him home. Again i approached another manager there, the manager for the physical therapy. He was defensive and rude to me and my sisters when we asked why my Father was not coming down to therapy. He had no idea who my Father even was! This was by far the worst place experience my family ad my Father especially had to endure! when he would put his light on to go to the bathroom it would take sometimes over an hour for a nurse to come into the room. When he asked to go to the bathroom, they told him he had a diaper on and to go in the diaper! The diaper was for accidents, my Father is not incontinent. He was humiliated! We took him out of there as soon as we could! I would like to see those managers and administrators put their loved ones in that horrible nursing home! They have no compasion for the patients! I would not recomend this place to my worst enemy!!

January 06, 2012

By Brother2

This facility used to be called the Nightingale Nursing Home. Ever since it came under new management about a year ago, the facility has greatly improved. It is kept much, much cleaner and has received some new painting and decoration. Many of the previous staff still work there but their cheerfulness and willingness to help and be of service has greatly improved. They never make you fell as if you are bothering them whenever you ask for any help or information. The quality of food for the residents also seems to have improved. They have regular staff team meetings to evaluate and upgrade individual resident's needs. They provide regular activities and occasional outings for the residents. Clothing is kept clean and organized and additional clothing items are frequently provided. Personal care such as hair cuts and fingernail painting is also provided on a regular basis. I am much more satisfied with the care my sister is receiving there and am very much relieved that she is in a safe environment.

November 15, 2011

By Social Worker # 1

I am a friend of a resident of Nightingale Nursing Care Center. In general, I thought Nightingale Nursing Care Center was an excellent choice for someone who is looking for a nursing facility for a friend or family member. It was a very nice and clean facility and if your friend or family member enjoy being around nice people than this would be an ideal place for them to be. The grounds of the facility are beautiful well maintained, landscaped and structured. The common areas of the facility are very beautiful and the surrounding areas of the facility are also beautiful and well maintained and very quiet and tasteful to the eye. The residents' rooms are very clean and coordinated with beautiful decoration that all match to compliment the multi colors that blend and the wood furniture is also very well coordinated. The facility does not smell and it is very tasteful to the eye when you first enter into the facility it is very inviting. The staff and management of the facility are very professional and team, task oriented in their job duties and their performance. I think the residents get excellent care there. While I was there, I noticed that there was always a staff person in sight and that the residents were interacting and was happy. The food smelled great and their meals are prepared on a daily basis and they offer their residents a variety of meals to meet their nutritional and dietary needs. I would have to give Nightingale Nursing Care Center a five star rating for it excellence and expertise. Overall, Nightingale Nursing Care Center is an excellent choice for someone who enjoys being around nice people and nice staff and I would recommend it to anyone age 50 and older because I know that they would like it there and I know that they would do very well there.

Services and Amenities of Warren Woods Health and Rehabilitation Center

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Limited Liability Company
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Warren Woods Health and Rehabilitation Center

Warren Woods Health and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Warren, Michigan that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Warren Woods Health and Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Warren Woods Health and Rehabilitation Center