Glen Eagle

Reviews of Glen Eagle

Independent Living Reviews for Glen Eagle

September 03, 2019

By DMS

We chose Glen Eagle because my mom is impressed with the community. It's like a retirement home but they also provide medical assistance. You can have a nurse come and do things for my mom that she needs help with, like giving her medicine, take showers, get her down to dinner, and lunch. So far it's going well. She seems to be more relaxed and calm, so everything seems to be working out. It's a very good place, people are friendly, and it's clean. It's just well represented, and it's that way all the time.

August 30, 2018

By Pat

We've been very pleased with Glen Eagle. My aunt is doing well there. They have good food and the staff is very pleasant and helpful. The people around her are about the level she is. They're able to move around and do things independently. She is making new friends and she enjoys it. She is in a one-bedroom apartment that's very spacious and open, and suited for anyone that is handicapped. They can get in and out easily, they keep her very clean, she has housekeeping once a week, and she gets three meals a day. The rooms are nice. She is on the second floor and she has a balcony. It's well worth what we're paying.

Hi Pat, thanks for your praise and kind comments about our community. We are glad to hear your aunt is doing well with us, we really enjoy having her as a resident. If you're ever in need of more help, please let us know!

July 09, 2018

By IM

I feel that Glen Eagle is not for the common person. It is more of a place for the upper class. Their apartments were comparable. They have the same facilities as other places, like a library and a nice dining area. However, I wasn't impressed with the dining area because the staff who was supposed to start serving never showed up until 12:30 p.m. We didn't get very quick service. The young man that showed me around didn't impress me at all. He had a resident that was moving in then, and he seemed very preoccupied. Also, he never called back to see if I would consider Glen Eagle or not. They need to check into that young man's attitude. I got the feeling that he was just looking down his nose at me, almost as if I wouldn't really fit in.

Hello there, we appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback of your experience at Glen Eagle. Our residents pay one monthly fee which includes their rent, most of their utilities, 3 meals a day, transportation, activities, access to a Great Call device, and more. Our apartments are reasonably priced especially when you consider all of the additional services that are included. In our community, we do not want anyone to feel out of place and work to create an environment that is comfortable for our residents. Your review has been forwarded to the community management team who are looking into this further. Feel free to reach out to us if you need anything. Thank you again for the feedback.

January 06, 2017

By Shirley110808

I fell in love with Glen Eagle. It had a really beautiful setting about a mile and a half from the new YMCA. We went to lunch, which was a 4-course meal, and it was just lovely. We had a lovely tour and met with their comfort keeper nurse. The lighting was very bright and nice, which we really enjoyed, and everything was furnished, except the telephone. You provide three meals a day and a bus service that goes to doctors and on trips. It had a very clean, open atmosphere.

December 28, 2016

By Roger185046

Glen Eagle was really nice and one of the better ones. The food was good, and the rooms were more than large enough. They had activities.

December 13, 2016

By J.T.405007

I truly approved of and loved Glen Eagle. The food is much better, and they have great choices. The facilities are like a 5-star, all-inclusive resort, and they're wonderful. The people are super friendly. Visitors are always welcomed, and if you're visiting your parents, you're invited to eat with them. The location is wonderful. It's kind of tucked in down the hill, it's close to town, and it's got a great view with lots of trees and great walkability around for people on the sidewalk. They could do a little bit more parking spaces, but they're working on that. The food's really good; they always offer the main thing on the menu, and then they have 5 choices if you don't want the main entrée, so it's very accommodating.

October 05, 2016

By Nancy471380

I found one I really liked, and I intend to move here, but not quite yet. Glen Eagle was special -- very nicely done -- and it’s independent care. Cleanliness was very good too.

January 25, 2016

By Cathy119363250

We found Glen Eagle for my mom. It’s a very nice community, and it's clean. They serve three meals a day. My mom has a one-bedroom apartment with a little kitchenette. They do have trip services on Sunday, and they also have some sing-alongs.

September 10, 2012

By Annette K.

Glen Eagle is a very nice community. The staff is very friendly and the managment seems to really care about the well being of the residents. They have activities and social events, ie. ice cream socials, movie nights with snacks, sing alongs, etc. On one occasion when I was there to visit lunch was being served. For only a few dollars I had a lovely shrimp and pasta lunch with salad, a drink, bread and a desert. Although the studio apartment was small it had all of the amenities you would expect, a kitchenette, nice bathroom and a small balcony for him to sit on (even though he is afraid of heights). The hallways and common areas were nicely decorated and clean. The laundry facilities are available on each floor in each wing. The only unfortunate thing that I noticed was that there is only one elevator and it moves incredably slow. After meals people were waiting more than 10 minutes to return to their apartments. There are bathing and medical assistants available for those who need help. It is not included in the monthly rent and is charged in 15 minute intervals. Overall it was a good experience for my grandfather while he was recovering.

Costs for Glen Eagle

Photos of Glen Eagle

Services and Amenities of Glen Eagle

• Housing Extra: Cottages, Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Garage

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Glen Eagle

Glen Eagle is located in Traverse City, MI, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Glen Eagle for a visit...and stay!

Map of Glen Eagle