Oakmont Sterling Assisted

Reviews of Oakmont Sterling Assisted

Assisted Living Reviews for Oakmont Sterling Assisted

January 24, 2017

By patobello

For one thing, turnover is very high. And not just the nursing care staff. Since my relative has been there, the administration has changed at least 4 times in less than 2 years. My relative had her medication discontinued, not because of a doctor's order, but because my relative refused it. She's getting up there in years and pretty grouchy. I just can't believe they would take the word of a resident with cognitive issues over the orders of a physician. When we found out about the discontinued medicine, my sibling and I were outraged and demanded that it be reinstated. To the best of our knowledge it has been. But the biggest problem is THEFT. We had a birthday gathering for my relative and she received 3 very nice outfits as presents. The staff member was very willing (maybe too much so) to take the gifts so her room number could be affixed to them. Well, that's the last time any of us saw these articles of clothing. A police report has been filed with the Sterling Heights Police Department. In a nutshell, I wouldn't send a dog I disliked to Oakmont Sterling Assisted. As soon as we can find another place, my relative is OUT OF THERE! Please be smart and don't even consider this place for YOUR loved one.

May 10, 2016

By RelativeCUWCM

Oakmont Sterling Assisted is very clean, nice, and has only been open for a few years, so it is a nice place, visually. I don't think the staff is that great because my mother is not happy with them, and I think they have a big turnover. Mom doesn't like the food, either; she said they serve the same thing over and over. They always have daily activities going on. There's nothing outside that they can walk around on, but it is located in a very nice neighborhood. The one reason why I gave them such a low rating is because I have already informed the management that Mom does not want to participate in any parties and events, but they keep on including her, and it is causing her so much stress.

January 08, 2016

By Sharon A1

Oakmont is close to us -- right down the street from where we live -- but I didn’t like it. It wasn’t homey and didn’t feel friendly when I walked in. I felt like the residents were inmates, and I felt like crying when I left. I can’t say that I didn’t feel welcome there; it’s just that I felt sorry for the people. They look like they were all on their deathbeds. The facility is new; I watched it being built. There wasn't carpeting in the rooms. Even though they said they bring people downstairs, I don’t think they do. It smells when you go in, which I don’t know if it was from the cooking or if they don’t keep it clean.

About Oakmont Sterling Assisted

Oakmont Sterling Assisted is a senior living provider in Sterling Heights, Michigan that offers residents Assisted Living. Contact Oakmont Sterling Assisted for more details on services and rates.

Map of Oakmont Sterling Assisted