Heartland Health Care

Reviews of Heartland Health Care

Nursing Home Reviews for Heartland Health Care

November 08, 2018

By huntington

The level of caring and compassion the staff has for the residents. how prompt the staff is at addressing your needs. The private room was great. Very roomy and private for family and friend visits. The activity aspect was full of different games, movies and parties.

Thanks for sharing! We are glad to hear you felt our staff where caring and compassionate. Also that you enjoyed the different activities available at our center.

October 31, 2018

By M.S.

My father is at Heartland Health Care. It’s a very good experience, it’s clean, and the people are very helpful. The staff is friendly and helpful. He has a shared room, but they offer private rooms. They have many activities to keep them busy.

Thanks for sharing M.S.! We are glad to hear you are happy with your father's are and the staff at our center.

May 21, 2018

By DNR does not mean DO NOT CARE

My mom was in Heartland Sterling Rehab for almost four weeks....... This center is very clean and the staff is nice, HOWEVER I would NOT recommend unless your loved one has very very little rehab needed and very minor medical issues. The food is very poor, my mom lost 10 plus pounds and went from weak to weaker. She was in need of an IV due to a medical condition. From the time I first mentioned it ..... it was DAYS (waiting for an order, waiting for it to be read, stat does not mean stat, then waiting for a nurse - they are in a meeting, then she became so dehydrated they could not start the IV, needed to call an outside source and doesn’t know how long it will take!!!!!) I called 911. I was told her levels were in danger zone. I was told by a staff member the ambulance might not be covered !!! WHO CARES!!!!! We are talking about someone’s life!!!!! Earlier that day she passed out in front me...I heard a staff member say put her back in bed she is a DNR. Very disappointed and disgusted!!!!!!

We are sorry that you had a negative experience with your mother's care and some of the staff at our center. Although we cannot discuss any specific issues on this site due to patient privacy, we would like to talk with you about your concerns. Please contact our Care Line.

May 18, 2018

By Dee Mac

This center is very clean and the staff is nice, HOWEVER I would NOT recommend unless your loved one has very very little rehab needed and very minor medical issues. The food is very poor, my mom lost 10 plus pounds and went from weak to weaker. She was in need of an IV due to a medical condition. From the time I first mentioned it ..... it was DAYS (waiting for an order, waiting for it to be read, stat does not mean stat, then waiting for a nurse - they are in a meeting, then she became so dehydrated they could not start the IV, needed to call an outside source and doesn’t know how long it will take!!!!!) I called 911. I was told her levels were in danger zone. I was told by a staff member the ambulance might not be covered !!! WHO CARES!!!!! We are talking about someone’s life!!!!! Earlier that day she passed out in front me...I heard a staff member say put her back in bed she is a DNR. Very disappointed and disgusted!!!!!!�

Dee, we are sorry that you had a negative experience with your mother's care and some of the staff at our center. Although we cannot discuss any specific issues on this site due to patient privacy, we would like to talk with you about your concerns. Please contact our Care Line.

January 29, 2018

By JPDLCD

My mom fell out of her wheel chair and fractured her pelvis in 2 places while here in the fall of 2017. Staff allowed her to sleep all night in wheel chair. Staff also was very elusive and rude when asked any questions. If you love your relative or friend do NOT take them to Heartland. I also caught another resident who clearly had mental issues heading down the elevator while staff was just hangiing out at the desk oblivious to patients needs. Horrible experience

December 14, 2017

By Tim L.

Our Aunt spent 4 weeks in Heartland Sterling Heights, she had exceptional care from the therapy department Jennifer (PT) and Liz (OT) were both great. One of the nurses (Shannon) was another employee that was dedicated to that facility. I wish I could say the same for the Nurse Aides but I can't, they were very much below the standard expected for a rehab facility. I would recommend this facility with the suggestion you go there for the therapy and not count on any of the aides for assistance.

September 17, 2017

By tyson3

My mother was only at Hartland Sterling heights a few days and our family was so upset by the way she and other patients were treated, we pulled her out and had her taken to another rehab yesterday. From the first hour we were there, we were met by a nurses assistant with a terrible attitude. She never smiled once and was very short tempered not only with the people she was there being paid to care for, but also to the families. She knew I was aware of her actions and apologised explaining she was just having a "bad day". Really? Most of the people she's supposed to provide care for are certainly not have a great day. I'm guessing she has a lot of "bad days", because she showed up The next day with The same attitude. The last straw came when my mother asked for help in the restroom and she was so rough, she almost lost her balance. Not good for a patient with a non weight bearing leg. My mother's roommate cried and said she doesn't like me and I don't know why. People in the care of these rehab centers are mostly elderly, and extreamly vulnerable. We spoke the the head nurse to discuss the situation, she said she would make sure a supervisor would be given our complaint because the things she we were telling her, in her words, "bordering abuse". The next day, no complaint had been documented. Response time for the patient's was extremely slow, and the food was terrible.

September 14, 2017

By un

The Dr at the facility in Sterling Heights doesn't care about the patients. I had requested numerous times for my mother to have her blood drawn since she had already been transfused while in the hospital- it was not done. I received a call from one of the nurses they were ,transporting her back to hospital because her blood levels dropped to 4. I spoke with the Administrator letting him know and all he could say was he was sorry that it happened. As far as the Dr. - the worst- he told me after this incident that the facility was not a hospital! The Dr. comes in once a week! The only thing good there are the physical therapists and some of the nurses and aides!

February 22, 2017

By RAM1947

My wife and I visited eight nursing facilities before making a decision on where my 91 year old mother should spend her rehab time after surgery. We made a checklist and evaluated each for cleanliness, staff, and the rehab facility itself. In addition, we took into account recommendations from friends who have either stayed in a nursing facility or had relatives who had. Of the eight we visited, Heartland come out on top in all categories. My mother stayed at Heartland for a number of weeks... her care was exceptional !!! All of the staff were kind, attentive, and very professional. I would highly recommend Heartland Health Care to anyone who needs professional rehabilitation and wants to be treated with respect and dignity.

February 07, 2017

By s cunningnam

Took my mom there for rehab after back surgery. She was in extreme pain and could not move or do anything with out assistance. When she arrived they put her in a room anyone barely came in or attended to her needs. She layed in bed all night barley able to move or go to the bathroom. When someone came in she ask for assistance to help sit up but was told " I'm not hurting myself and would not help". She needed a Walker to get up would not give it to her until her observation which at 1:00 the following day was not done. Needless to say I would never recommend this place there care was very shameful to do to sick people. We moved her the following day to a much better place that attended to her as they should.

September 25, 2016

By Happywithheartland

I would give this facility 10 stars if I could!! My mother is 93 years old and had a WONDERFUL experience there!! The staff was like family and was very caring and loving to her!! I visited her every day and when I'm done with this review most of the staff will know who I am!! Liz, Jess, Sarah, Shannon, Brittany, Victoria, Robin, Marcia, Ron, Susan, and last but not least Sophia at the front desk. Every time I went everyone had smiles on there faces!! If I never need to go to a facility I will definitely go to HEARTLAND!! Also, Tanya and Jonelle are wonderful also!! I love you all and God Bless you!!!

January 27, 2016

By Violet4

I went to Heartland Health Care. It was beautiful, but it did not have the facilities that my husband needed. The rooms were not a nice as the place my husband stayed. They did not have the room care nurse which my husband needed. However, they were all very good. I had a very nice tour. It looked like a nice place. It was relatively new, but I thought it was more for assisted living.

January 20, 2016

By Resinnihon

We had a horrible experience. We were pushed to make serious life altering decisions immediately without all the information. Staff seemed offended when we asked questions about the choice and didn't just go with their decision. Communication is horrible. The social workers are extremely unhelpful and don't return phone calls. A decision to discharge my dad was made on Thursday - we found out the following Tuesday because a therapist slipped and told my dad (she wasn't supposed to). They were not going to inform us until they legally had to - 2 days before discharge. I don't understand why they wouldn't want to give the family as much time as possible to plan the discharge. Horrible!! Would never use this place again.

July 06, 2014

My mother’s care went well when she was at Heartland. The nurses and the aides were good; her therapists were very good. The therapy department was very good, I thought. The food looked a little bit to be desired, though. They were having some staffing issues while she was there, so we tried to be as understanding as we could. Because they were short-staffed then, they had a little difficulty with their kitchen. But other than that, she got very good care. They were very attentive. She’s never lacked for anything. They were always there when she needed them, so I can’t complain too much. They’re still getting their act together, I think, because they’re so new, but they’re trying. Upkeep was excellent. I would say that I'd give them probably a five (being the highest) on that because it was very nice, very clean, and everything’s well taken care of. She was very comfortable in there. They were right there to answer, and if they couldn’t do something for her right away, they always came to see what she needed. Then they would be right back as soon as they took care of priorities.

Services and Amenities of Heartland Health Care

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Other
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Heartland Health Care

Heartland Health Care is a senior living provider in Sterling Heights, Michigan that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Heartland Health Care for more details on services and rates.

Map of Heartland Health Care