Atria Shorehaven

Offers Assisted Living and Independent Living

14560 Lakeside Circle, Sterling Heights, MI 48313
Atria Shorehaven (844) 325-8230
PROMOTION! 70 days

The best time to choose Atria is right Now! For a limited time, you can lock in our current rental rate with no increases until at least January 1, 2020 - Details apply. Must sign lease by September 30, 2018

Reviews of Atria Shorehaven

Assisted Living Reviews for Atria Shorehaven

November 30, 2015

By Terry D.

Atria Shorehaven is very nice. My father has been in an apartment that's a little over 600 square feet. It's very nice and very well maintained. They offer lunch and dinner, and the meals have been very good. He enjoys the food that they have. They have a lot of activities in the facility that he is enjoying as well. It's been a very nice experience thus far. He's been there since beginning of October. They have an activity room, exercise room, rehab, and a beauty salon. They offer a lot of excursions, and they take them to restaurants, shopping, and doctor's appointments. They offered a move-in special as well that no one else did. It was more down-to-earth. They weren't trying to put on a show.

November 30, 2015

I visited Atria Shorehaven and really liked the place. The rooms were large compared to some of the other facilities I saw and had storage space that others didn’t have. The dining room was very homey, and they have a chef.

June 15, 2015

Atria Shorehaven was good. It was a very big place, and there are a lot of residents. So if you are looking for a smaller place for your family member, it would be pretty overwhelming. The marketing representative was very nice. The apartments were beautiful, and it was a nice place, but I heard it is very expensive. If you have money, it is a good place to go. They had a lot of activities. Everything was very clean.

April 27, 2015

Atria Shorehaven is a lot older; the rooms are a little bit old, small and outdated. The outside of the building was OK. The staff was all nice, dressed nicely, talked nicely, and they were pleasant, nice, and good. The dining was very nice and clean with nice tables and nice linens. They have cards, bingo, horse racing, movie nights, and crafts. They need to update their rooms and hallways as it is kind of gloomy. Security was good because the doors are locked, and you have to buzz in.

Thanks for your review. We're always looking for ways to enhance our community, so we appreciate you sharing your valuable feedback. If you'd like to share more suggestions with us, please reach out to us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

November 11, 2014

Atria Shore Haven is an OK facility, but their rooms are small for the price that it has. We have been invited to different activities that they have, so they do have activities. I just think they need to lower the cost for the price for their rooms.

August 28, 2014

By lfm0820

Atria Shorehaven saved my aunt's life when she had a stroke! An alert staff member caught it as it was happening and called 911. After two days in the hospital and a small amount of physical therapy, she is back in her apartment at the facility and we are very happy! Great staff that KNOWS each resident as an individual and watches out for them. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

June 26, 2014

Atria was in a nice location because it's just 3 miles from my husband's doctor and 2 miles from my doctor. It's very close to the hospital, too. It's located on a lake, which was very nice. Its apartments are very nice. The staff is very accommodating.

June 23, 2013

By Runner23

We moved my Mom in over a year ago and it has to be the best thing that's happened to her in years! After my Dad's passing, although pretty independent, she just sat in the house. We were so impressed with all the activity and it was the first place we stopped at that didn't feel like a ghost house inside. The residents and their families had stopped us all along our tour just raving about how happy they were. That spoke more than their sales person could have. Now that she's there, we have peace of mind because the staff is so loving with her and she is just thrilled with all the activities, outings and new friends. Beware though, she's gained 10 pounds this past year. Their from-scratch cooking is hard to pass up on and it's easy to eat a bit too much! Overall, we're very satisfied. They've become an extension of our own family.

April 09, 2013

By caring3702

We are moving into Atria Shorehaven next month. The place was very clean, the staff was very cordial and all very good. The apartments are big, the grounds are nice, and they have many activities. There was a whole board listed throughout the day of what they will be having for the residents.

July 27, 2011

My mother and step-dad were residents at Atria Shorehaven. They had their own little cute apartment with assistance services to help them as needed. After he died we had to move her, as they are not equiped to handle moderate dementia. The facility is nicely maintained and run. The public living room has a welcoming fireplace. The dining room is nicely decorated, bright and cheery. Many activities took place there including music and dancing. The residence have choices of meals. As always, more fresh fruits and veggies would be nice, but understandably difficult. The caregivers and administration were caring, considerate and friendly. They know their residence on a first name basis and their health concerns. We did not want to move our mom, but dispite having her at their highest level of services (dressing etc.) they could not properly monitor her. Only after moving her to a private group home and now a larger Alzheimer facility can we appreciate how very nice Atria was/is.

We are happy to hear that your family had a good experience at Atria Shorehaven. Your suggestion for more fresh fruits and vegetables will certainly be passed along to our culinary team. Best wishes to you and your family!

June 30, 2011

By GuiCyber

My family and I were looking at places for our grandmother, we went and visited Atria Shorehaven and I was pretty impressed. It's a very beautiful facility and it's different from a lot of the others I've seen because it helps to make the people who live there feel more independent. Instead of feeling like a hospital environment it actually feels like an apartment building for seniors. They have a lot of social activities, and there is a lot of stores, restaurants, and businesses close by. There is also a lake close by so between the lake and the businesses there is a lot to see and do. Even though it encourages a more independent lifestyle they still have the advantages of a senior facility like an emergency button in each apartment, an on person emergency pendant for each person, 24 hour caregivers, and assistance with medications. The employees were very nice and helpful to us, and answered all of our questions.

June 24, 2011

By SnowboardEvar

I really loved Atria Shorehaven. The staff was always smiling at you and always ready to help you with whatever you need. The rooms are absolutly amazing. They are a little on the small side but without a doubt the nicest rooms I have seen in terms of quality. In my opinion, the best thing about Atria Shorehaven is that every apartment has emergency operation system. I always worry that something will happen to my family and now i know that if it were to happen they would have an easy way to connect with someone who can help.

Independent Living Reviews for Atria Shorehaven

May 27, 2014

Atria is very nice, and they have a big pond and a walking track around it if you want to go. The lobby isn’t that big. The rooms were smaller with a living room, bathroom, and nice kitchen, but no washer and dryer. Some were furnished, and you could try it out for six months to see if you like it. The dining area is very nice. They give you a menu and you choose what you like. The staff seemed very nice. They have activities for the month; they have sing-alongs and exercises. From what I saw, I would stay there myself.

December 01, 2011

By Social Worker # 1

I think that Atria Shore Haven is an excellent placement for some who is looking for placement for a friend or a love one. This facility is elegant inside and outside and it is near a beautiful Lake and the residents are also allowed to go out and walk along the lake shoreline. This is offered as one of the fundamental pleasures of life for choosing to live there for their residents. Their residents are offered free dining served in an elegantly rich looking dining room with crystal chandeliers and crystal dishes and fine silverware. While there, I noticed that their residents are living very free life styles. They provide for their residents with such a beautiful elegant and luxury, homey environment and atmosphere. Their residents receive the highest quality services and care from their very caring staff and management there and all are also like family towards one another. Their residents are also served very delicious delicatessen style menu with a varied menu to fit all of their residents' individual nutritional and dietary needs also on a varied restaurant style basis. There seniors love it there and their seniors love to socialize and interact with one another there. They also provide their seniors there with a vast majority of services, activities, entertainment, and recreational and off site activities as well. I would definitely recommend any and everyone 50 and over to this facility. I know that they would love it there and I know that their residents receive excellent care there. This facility is very elegant and luxury style and do not smell fresh country scent of greenery and flowers. I would have to rank Atria Shore Haven on a five plus stars rating for their excellence, elegance and for their expertise.

Photos of Atria Shorehaven

About Atria Shorehaven

Atria Shorehaven is a peaceful, welcoming and established senior community. Residents enjoy diverse social activities and can relax by the nearby lake or take a stroll along the shoreline. Located in beautiful Sterling Heights, Atria Shorehaven is within minutes of fine dining and shopping.

Atria Shorehaven offers the following services:

• Care staff available 24 hours a day
  • Choice of apartments (some with lake views)
  • Anytime Café
  • Full-time director of events and activities
  • Emergency call system in every apartment
  • Personal emergency response pendant for each resident
  • Daily restaurant-style meals
  • Housekeeping services
  • Maintenance of apartments, community and grounds
  • Medication assistance