Oak Crest of Spring Lake

Reviews of Oak Crest of Spring Lake

Assisted Living Reviews for Oak Crest of Spring Lake

September 30, 2016

By Michael071867

We liked American House Spring Lake Senior Living, and we liked the facilities. The apartments that we wanted to get into are $1700 for the first person and $400 for another. We only get $2680, so that would have left us maybe $300 or $400 for everything else, so the lady pointed out these other apartments that were almost like cottages that we get into for $1175 a month. The place was clean, nice, warm, and friendly. I couldn't say anything bad about that place. They've got dishwashers in their apartments and nice views all around. Everything in the place was immaculate. It was very well laid-out NS very bright, and the residents that we've met were friendly. There was a lady there, and she was a peach and very competent and knowledgeable about everything. She did a lot to help us and gave us information and stuff.

September 02, 2016

By Adriane564706

My mother is at Oak Crest Communities - Spring Lake, and I am very impressed with it. It has not been a difficult change for her, and she's doing very well. They have activities, and they bring in country music performers. They serve a light breakfast and a large lunch. For dinner, the residents are on their own. If she were in the assisted living area, then she would get dinner, too. Assisted living is twice as much money per month.

January 26, 2016

We like American House Spring Lake because they let my mother have her dog. It was convenient to where my husband, and I live. The staff is very nice. They have bingo, movie nights, cards, a library, a beauty shop, and a fitness center.

July 06, 2015

By relative of a resident

The facility itself is a nice size. The staff very nice, as well. I would give five stars, if the food was better. The problem is the food. We have been told it will be better now that it has become American House-owned, but it never happened. With it being summer, there is supposed to be more fresh produce (we've been told that for a few years now) -- but that never happens. The food service company never seems to improve.

October 16, 2014

Oak Crest was very friendly, welcoming, and I can’t say anything bad about them. It is a large facility and the rooms were very nice. They have bingo, games, shopping, and movies. We had lunch, and the meals were all pretty good and nutritious. The people that we talked to were very happy; they like living there. I like the grounds, it is well-kept, and it is in a better location.

July 02, 2014

By Randi2

I was very surprised at the quality of assisted living places in this area. It was a beautiful facility with perks and activities. They had beauty shops. They encouraged us to come in for a meal at lunchtime or at dinner time to get a feel of the place.

June 30, 2011

By GuiCyber

My grandpa moved into Oak Crest Manor after my grandma died. At first he was living in one of the units where he had his own apartment and was still able to cook and do things for himself. That part of the facility was really nice and he liked to be able to go meet people in the group area and he enjoyed being able to choose to go to dinner in the very nice dining room. His apartment was really nice and large and clean and he had a great view. The grounds were also very nice. But when he started to get sicker he was moved to the assisted living unit where he did not really have any freedom at all. The place always smelled really strongly of antiseptic and it was just really depressing. The food was terrible and he always complained about how awful it was. He began having to spend most of his time in his room, which was really tiny and dark. I think he was really lonely. The staff all seemed pretty nice, but it never seemed like they had much time or interest in interacting with the patients on a personal level. I know that they did often wheel my grandpa to the front of the building so he could sit outside, but most of the time he just watched TV in his room. I just wish there had been more for him to do and someone for him to talk to. When he died the staff were really kind, which was really great. Overall I think his is a very good facility. I just wish it wasn't quite so depressing for the resident's and that they had more activities and things to fill their time with.

Independent Living Reviews for Oak Crest of Spring Lake

• Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, Washer/Dryer In Apt

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Staff Patient Ratio: 2 To 20

About Oak Crest of Spring Lake

Offering spacious apartments and monthly rent, American House Spring Lake is perfectly located near family, friends, shopping and familiar medical professionals in Kentwood. The community is also close to health care facilities, like North Ottawa Community Health System. At American House Spring Lake, you’ll find independent living, assisted living and memory care apartments.

American House Spring Lake offers a variety of floor plans, including studios, one bedroom and two bedroom, two bath apartment styles. Community amenities include beauty shop with licensed beauticians, media room, library and exercise room.

Our Life Enrichment Coordinator plans a variety of social, recreational and cultural programming for those who choose to make their home at American House Spring Lake. The community also offer 24-hour on-site staff and scheduled transportation. In addition, laundry, linen and housekeeping services are available.

Map of Oak Crest of Spring Lake