American House Southgate Senior Living

Reviews of American House Southgate Senior Living

Independent Living Reviews for American House Southgate Senior Living

May 10, 2014

By Ericka2

American House is in the midst of remodelling, but it’s very clean and neat. The staff seemed so very nice. They do excellently, if you ask me, with my dad, and they’re very pleasant. The apartments are really nice; he has a one-bedroom, and the two-bedroom was also really nice. They play cards, and they do chair aerobics and grocery shopping. There’s something every night. They do Wii bowling and they have movie nights, I think every Friday. He doesn’t have complaints with the food.

Thank you for your kind review! I'm glad your dad is enjoying all the activities we offer here - never a dull moment, that's for sure! If you or your dad ever need anything, please feel free to drop by at any time. I hope you both like the remodeling once it's done (and thanks for bearing with us)!

April 29, 2014

The people are very friendly and very welcoming at American House Southgate. And you feel like people understand you and what you're going through. You can furnish your apartment the way you want it, and they provide three meals a day. You also have your own home if you want to cook things on your own. They have housekeeping, too. You can go out and drive, and you can keep your car. You're having help, and in the meantime, you can still feel that you can have your independence. They play cards, they watch movies, and it depends on if the person would like to get out of the apartment or if she wants to stay in her apartment. You have your own choice. They're down-to-earth people. You feel like you've known them for a long time. They make you feel like you're not a stranger and intruder to come in. I spoke to the director there.

You've summed up our community quite well! Thanks for leaving your feedback - I really appreciate knowing that you felt comfortable here. Our residents love the options for as much independence as they'd like here…and we have so many fun activities that makes this a very social community to live in! If I can answer any other questions for you, please call me personally.

December 03, 2013

By Happy Daughter6

My Mother has been a resident for 1 week. At this point in time I am very pleased. Her care giver has worked wonders. Mom was cranky, unhappy, and ready to say good bye and on Monday she was happy (actually smiling), content and looking forward to Thanksgiving. It is still early in this relationship and I don't know how everything will progress but at this moment I am happy to see Mom smiling again.

Nothing makes me happier than to hear how much residents enjoy living here! I'm glad your mom is smiling again. My door is always open, should you or your mom need anything - or just want to say hello!

Photos of American House Southgate Senior Living

About American House Southgate Senior Living

Located in the heart of downriver, Southgate is home to numerous dining experiences, golf courses and neighborhood parks. Minutes from the freeway and Detroit Metropolitan Airport, Southgate also boasts close proximity to neighboring downriver communities such as Riverview, Wyandotte, Woodhaven, Trenton and Grosse Ile. American House Southgate is also close to hospitals including Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital and Oakwood Hospital. Southgate Senior Living provides Independent Living with assistance available.*

Apartment options at Southgate Senior Living include 1 and 2 bedrooms – all with full kitchens, dining areas, and private baths. Though currently under renovation, Southgate will ultimately offer property amenities like a full-service dining room, beauty salon/barber shop, fitness room, and activity centers with a dedicated, full-time life enrichment director.

Restaurant-style dining is available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. A Life Enrichment Director plans a wide range of cultural, social and recreational programming. Resident Services also include 24-hour on-site staff and scheduled transportation. Laundry and housekeeping services are also available.

*Medical support services provided by a third party not affiliated with American House.

Map of American House Southgate Senior Living