Shorepointe Nursing Center

Reviews of Shorepointe Nursing Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Shorepointe Nursing Center

February 04, 2018

By dasher

My father has been a resident of ShorePointe several times for rehab after several surgeries. The facility is extremely clean, the staff is excellent and always there to help and assist in all aspects of the stay - from the receptionist to the nurses to the social workers, everyone has always been friendly and helpful.

January 31, 2018

By Stuart J.

My friend resides at ShorePointe. I see him several times a week, as he has no family. He loves the facility and staff, and has made friends with other long term guys at the facility. As I visit him often, I have never noticed any bad smells and the place is always clean. My friend likes the food (they get him whatever he requests) and he loves the extra sporting "game day" and holiday parties. The staff are friendly and call me by name when I visit, like walking into "Cheers". The staff also do very well with my friend. He's been there for quite a while and they are very good at helping him through his daily routines. The receptionists even let him hang out with them to chat throughout the day. No ones perfect. When an issue arose we talked with the nurse manager and things were quickly and satisfactorily addressed. My friend was at a different facility prior and had a really horrible experience, which is why he moved to ShorePointe. It's a nice facility with good staff.

January 30, 2018

By Mae H

My sister was at Shorepointe Nursing Center a few months ago and I can't say enough good things about the care that she received there. My sister had fallen & broken her leg and we didn't know if she would ever walk again. Her therapists were so very nice. The nurses & aides were also very sweet to her. I tell all the ladies in my church group about them. I even had a dinner with my sister and it was delicious. Ice cream & bingo & therapy!!

January 26, 2018

By Sean in Grosse Pointe

My mother-in-law was recently a patient at Shorepointe. Neither my wife nor I were anticipating needing to utilize the services of a nursing facility prior to her stroke. We had heard nothing but good things at the hospital about Shorepointe but also went on to this site to look at reviews. We were a little apprehensive because there were some negative reviews, but decided to proceed anyway based on the feedback we received at the hospital (thank you Tina). My mother-in-law was just discharged today and we couldn't have been more pleased with her stay. All of the nurses, aides and doctors couldn't have been more wonderful with her. I think people often are quick to share their displeasure when they go on these sites, but I wanted to take the time to share what a WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE we had. Thank you Shorepointe!

August 10, 2017

By BeachScene

Shorepointe nursing, CNA and rehab staff were outstanding. I truly appreciated the care and attention my 94 year father received. The PT/OT therapists were very supportive. Numerous activities daily and the meals were always prepared just the way he needed them. The main dining room is colorful and this is the area where activities take place such as bingo and sing-along. Let's not forget the delicious ice cream parlor too that is available for guests and residents. The outside courtyard is groomed and an inviting area to sit and relax with your loved one. Please remember that: YOU are a partner in their healthcare so advocate for your loved one. YOU should be visiting him or her; no one want to sit in a room without visitors or any stimulation.

December 28, 2015

By Pat D

My mom was a recent resident of the nursing center and passed before Thanksgiving. I would like to say that we encountered many wonderful employees; unfortunately, not all was well with her care. Mom was very frail and some staff were overly rough with her which resulted in bruising on her arms. We had to request the removal of one employee from her care. This was done quickly and without problems. The other issues were the disconnect we found among some nurses and aides as to mom's condition: for example, becoming impatient with mom when she couldn't hold herself up with the grab bar in the toilet. Mom had had multiple strokes and was very weak and unable to support herself especially later in the day. When mom was first admitted no one sat down with our family to discuss her condition, her special needs, and our concerns. Some days when I visited before lunch mom would have dried up food and drink spilled on her pants and slippers from breakfast. This situation did improve when the one employee was removed from her care. When mom was in hospice and obviously dying, we had staff asking if she wanted to sit-up in a chair or eat. We had staff come into her room talking loudly about how bad she looked etc. We questioned whether staff had hospice training and we were told yes. But, from what we witnessed many staff could not identify the stages of dying and more so did not know how to handle themselves in front of a person in the end stage of her life. Please note that the comments I made above about hospice were NOT about the Shorepointe Hospice group - we did NOT use them. We used an outside hospice group. My hospice comments had to do with certain aides and nurses only. There were other incidents I could relay, but I will wrap up my comments shortly. I do want to say that our family looked on Medicare.gov prior to placing mom in Shorepointe Nursing Center. This was the best rated facility in the St. Clair Shores area. We had no other choices within the area. Other centers were rated much lower. My advice to you, if you must place a loved one in a nursing home, is to be vigilant; be an advocate. Visit everyday but if not possible, setup a network of friends and community support to keep an eye on your loved one. Do not be afraid to complain. Get the help and support needed and deserved. The last thing I want to say is that I was so very disappointed in Shorepointe for not acknowledging my mom's passing. Our family never received a letter of condolence from management at Shorepointe.

May 26, 2015

By sarasmith

Understaffed, lost clothes, no one knows what anyone is doing, my mom is left in a chair most of the day. 20 minutes a day of rehab. No one communicates. Spent a lot of time running around finding the right person to speak with and only referred to another person. A very sad place to grow old and left alone if someone does not have family to stand up and speak up for them. I can not wait to get my mother out of here!!! I am not sure any "rehab" facility is better - I would never recommend this to any family!!!

January 18, 2015

By Jeff33

My dad was in the rehab center of Shore Pointe, and they have excellent service. It is very clean, and the staff is very helpful. I will most definitely recommend this facility to other people. The food is pretty good.

July 29, 2014

By Darlene17

I really liked the cleanliness at Shorepointe Nursing Center. The people were nice and professional, too. Everything was well taken care of. The only drawback, like in any nursing home, was they were a bit understaffed with the RNs, LPNs, and nursing aides.

August 29, 2013

By cece89

All about money. Family member In shared room with another poor patient with severe mental problems causing disturbances at all times of day and night. Asked to be moved several times, was lied to and assured that mother would be moved. When it was obvious they really were not going to follow through on promise to move, a private room was immediately available at $80 a day ($2400 up front) which we agreed to as the situation was having a big impact on my mother's health. There were other shared rooms available, but given to new patients. My mother got no sleep and suffered mentally from the roomate's issues. When she was moved to a hospital, we were quickly contacted to find out if we would like to pay $1000 to keep her room, leaving a very bad taste in my mouth after the room issue. On the other hand, a lot of the caregivers are very good here and very patient and caring. They appear understaffed at times and unable to keep up with all the rooms they are assigned, but it looks like they are not scheduled well by management.

August 16, 2013

By Frank123

My uncle was at this facility a month ago. His immediate family and my immediate family cannot say enough wonderful things about the care that he received. The nursing staff was caring and kind and unlike a lot nursing homes, the staff really cared about their patients. I would definitely refer any friends or family members to shorepointe.

July 31, 2013

By PapaJohn01

I was a patient at Shore Pointe and have to say I got great care. The rehab was very good. The nursing care was very good. The food was very good.

July 25, 2013

By Devoted Wife

My husband was a recent patient at ShorePointe. We were naturally a lit apprehensive at first knowing he had to go to a rehab facility, but wow were we ever impressed. The therapists, nurses, aides were all so helpful and pleasant. They even had a concierge...it was like we were in a fancy hotel. My husband's only complaint was that he would have liked to stay even longer. Highly recommend.

July 03, 2013

By Worried daughter1

Wonderful! Would recommend to family and friends!

February 18, 2013

By lorac710

The place is all show....as long as you are there , your loved one will get some care...but once you leave ..forget it...also while you are there ....I rang buttons, bells called out etc etc...NO HELP.....not enough staff and a nurse told my mother she stinks ...thinking it would make her shower....that is abusive for someone with dementia ....and this nurse neverr did anything but walk around and go downstairs to smoke ! half the staff plays on phones while patients beg for help !! the sad thing ..is this is problably one of the better places.....

January 20, 2012

By ausherman

I was highly recommend this facility by Hospital staff and relatives. The Facility was a bit hard to find at first as the signage was not that visible. The parking lot was ample on the living assisted side, however it did not have much space on the nursing care side. Walking in the front doors it seemed more like a decent hotel and not a nursing facility. The staff was friendly and helpful. While being showed around I quickly learned that taking the elevator was the fastest way to get around as most of the residents need it with their wheels chairs and such. The public areas of the facility were nice and clean, and had ample staff available. There were plenty of activities for residents, and place seemed upbeat and positive. The rooms were top notch even if you had to share. All the amenities like phone and TV were not complementary which was kinda odd with the amount of money you pay to stay there. The meals were always appetizing and nutritious. The in-house salon was very accommodating even if you are on oxygen. I always enjoyed visiting my grandmother there and would definitely use them again in the future as the physical therapists were some of the best I have seen.

November 19, 2011

By LLCofSCS1

Terrible treatment. Loved one came home w/C-Diff.

April 20, 2010

By TheStorm

Looks good, but look deeper !

My elderly Mother was accepted through medicare rehab skilled nursing plan. Unfortunately, their blanket policy for new residents is all current walking assistance is not allowed. What does this mean? My Mom has used a wheeled walker for over 10 years and was actually using it in the hospital before arriving at Shore Point. The floor nurse in charge immediately demanded the wheeled walker removed without assessing her current mobility state. The nurse stated that my Mom would have to prove her mobility with the rehabilitation staff and would need to be certified to use the wheeled walker at their facility. Since my Mom has major knee issues on both legs, chair to chair or chair to bed transfers are much more difficult for her. With my Mom having many health challenges this policy definitely threw the proverbial dagger at her last clinging hope to her own body propelled mobility. Several days later, while a resident at Shore Point, Mom fell doing a transfer and broke her hip. She of course has additional challenges and is now bedridden and back in the hospital. Staff is sometimes very slow to react to call button and motion alarm. Pros: Food is good. Appears very clean. Friendly Professional Staff

Photos of Shorepointe Nursing Center

Services and Amenities of Shorepointe Nursing Center

About Shorepointe Nursing Center

Shorepointe Nursing Center is a senior living provider in Saint Clair Shores, Michigan that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Shorepointe Nursing Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Shorepointe Nursing Center