Wescourt

Wescourt (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Wescourt

Independent Living Reviews for Wescourt

By BrendaKW

We moved my mom moved to Westcourt, after she recovered from a stroke. Living alone wasn't an option for her at this point. The the option of having home care on site for the first few weeks was a huge help. Now she is out engaging and being with people within in the Westcourt community. The amenities, meals, housekeeping, friendly staff... made it a good transition from home to an apartment 'home' for mom.

By Sue O

My Mother & Father In Law have lived here for 8 months. The rooms are very nice, bright and cozy. We have had nothing but good interactions with the staff. The food is very good and they always seem to get too much! They enjoy walking down to the dining room for lunch or dinner. With Covid this year, the staff has made incredible strides to keep everyone safe who enters and leaves the bldg. Its a tad costly, but we know they are close to our home and safe!! You also HIRE one of the two Home health care companies on site to help with any medications, walking, bathing, Etc. or you do this within your family. When covid is over they will be able to use so much more of the amenities the community has to offer, and WE can join them for lunch or dinner for a small cost. Id recommend Westcourt to all!!

By emay

The Wescourt is a wonderful facility! Our loved one is very happy in this space. Though we love the Wescourt, the care companies staffed inside this facility are not great. Would not recommend if your family member needs any kind of living/assistive support. If your loved one is truly independent, DEFINITELY choose the Wescourt! The activities and activities leader are fantastic & Pat, the director, is SO helpful.

By ksg

Independent living at it's best! Everything a resident needs is right there. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is very homey and comfortable. Glad my loved one is living at Wescourt!

October 03, 2020

By Connie

I've been to Wescourt. I like the independent part and the fact that they can come and go as they please. Their staff was very nice. Very good people. Very helpful. The apartments seemed pretty nice. It seemed like a right fit, actually. It's centrally located, and it's perfect for my mom. It's just trying to convince my mom to do it, and right now, she's not convinced. The outdoor spaces are beautiful. They keep the grounds really nice and the flowers are everywhere to keep the residents cheerful. The staff members were very informative; they answered all my questions. The place was very clean and nice. I tried their menu a couple of times and it was very good. It was very satisfying.

September 15, 2020

By Gary

My mother is at Wescourt. I only have two complaints. They did not do a good job of making it clear what was independent living versus assisted living. The other thing is they advertised wireless in the facility and the wireless is only in the dining room. Those things were a little misleading. It's not a real big problem, but I wish that they would be a little bit more transparent about that. I went to Wescourt once when we moved my mother in. The majority of the staff is really good. Her room is really nice. The grounds are well kept. They're really trying to do what they can during the quarantine. They still have activities and they try to get people out of the rooms to the dining hall, but in a very socially responsible way.

March 16, 2020

By Corporal Jen

Staff is rude, there is a lack of TP even before coronavirus, parents lock is messed up &difficult to open. The actual caregivers are great

Hi there, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that your experience with our community has not been completely satisfactory. Any maintenance issues should be brought to the local team to be handled quickly and efficiently. If you are still experiencing issues or would like to discuss your concerns further, please feel free to reach out to the management team. Thank you

August 03, 2019

By REJEUGENE

STUDIO IS JUST RIGHT FOR TO BE A "MAN CAVE" AND IS COMFORTABLE.

July 21, 2019

By Joyce

Beautiful rooms and grounds, excellent food, friendly and caring staff, and friendly residents. The residents I spoke with are happy living there. The ONLY negative is that there is only one elevator, which can make it dicey at meal time, when everyone is trying to get to the dining room at once.

June 20, 2019

By Blanca

Wescourt was an excellent place. It was clean and it had so many activities. You can even have your family there. It's like being home, but somebody is giving you extra aide. I saw a person working out in the exercise area, some residents were playing a card game, and they also have a crafts area. There's so much to do there. You would never get bored and you would always have someone there to be friends with. The lady who showed me around was very patient with me, explained everything in great detail, and showed me the individual rooms. One had a bedroom, one had a combination of a living room/kitchen and a deck area, and one was a suite with a bed and a TV. She showed me the dining area and a private area for families. There was a lady helping take the trash out and making the bed and another was setting up the coffee area. There's always somebody there doing something to make it homey. The menu was great. It's more independent and more for people who can still do things on their own.

June 29, 2018

By Dorothy

Wescourt is a very nice place, they offer a lot of services, and opportunities. Their rooms are huge, they have studios, and 1- and 2-bedroom apartments, which all are very nice. They provide meals and there are three choices for each meal. You can also eat in your room if you want. They have activities like puzzles, and they also have a bus that takes the seniors to the doctors and shopping malls twice a week and to the casinos once a month. The price is good for the right person. They have a nice kitchenette in the rooms, and you can also make a short meal if you want to. They also allow pets, like small dogs.

November 27, 2017

By Kathleen

Wescourt is very nice, pleasant, and well-run. The atmosphere is very pleasant and very nice. They have open areas. The rooms are very nice. The staff members are fine. They have buses that pick people up to take them to various doctor's appointments.

March 27, 2017

By Terry046505

The tour that we had at Wescourt was wonderful. This is the place my mom wanted to go. The rooms were larger. They have a large dining room. Everything they have was nice. They have a bus, but it was pretty expensive for us as she needed to have someone checked her 24/7.

February 07, 2017

By Thomas588145

The thing I didn’t like at Wescourt was they didn’t have a stove or an adult size refrigerator, so they certainly didn’t want you cooking or anything like that in there. The rooms were probably medium-sized. The dining area was nice. Everyone that I talked to had been very nice. There was a library and a dining room. The room did have a kitchen, but it was miniscule. There was a little refrigerator -- maybe 2 or 3 ft. high -- but no stove and very limited counter space. They definitely don’t want you cooking in there. They want you eating your food down in the dining area.

Hi Thomas, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback about your experience at Wescourt. We are always looking for ways to improve and appreciate your input regarding your visit. We encourage our residents to enjoy their meals in our dining area to meet their neighbors and socialize with their community. Please reach out to us if there are any questions we can help answer. Thank you!

November 07, 2016

By Joy301843

Wescourt was very good also; however, we couldn’t afford it. The staff was top notch, and I couldn’t say enough for them. They’re great people with good arrangements, and the apartments were pleasant. We had a very nice lunch, and we’ve got several phone calls from them.

October 13, 2016

By Sandy355865

It was a very nice experience at Wescourt. The staff was very ready to answer any questions I had. He showed me around. It was a very nice clean place. It was very nice. If I would have to make a choice, Wescourt would have been my choice. It was a very nice and very pleasant experience. Wescourt was very clean and very neat. It was decorated nicely. I couldn’t say more; it was very nice.

August 12, 2016

By Lloyd030103

Westcourt was very nice, and I think I’ll probably move there. The rooms are very nice, and the furniture that I have is going to fit. They have an opening now, but I’ll wait for the next one since I'm not in a hurry. I like the area, and it's a beautiful building inside and out.

May 10, 2016

By Incoming Resident 105SVAGC

I’ve met quite a few of the residents at Wescourt; they are very nice even the people that worked there. The food is wonderful. The one room they showed us was too small; I’d be claustrophobic in it. But the next room that I’m looking is one bedroom, a bathroom, a living space, a space for dining room table or kitchen table and a fully equipped kitchen. I am really interested in there when they get an opening.

February 23, 2016

By Relative1231

My mother is in Wescourt and really happy there. It’s very good. They keep her busy. Everything is provided; she gets her hair done and goes to church there. They only have one, small elevator, so maybe they should add more.

October 30, 2015

By KarenB1

I liked Wescourt a lot; it was very clean. They had a nice variety of rooms. It had a cottage outside the main facility, which had two bedrooms in it; that was the one I was interested in. The food was good; it had transportation.

August 31, 2015

By Looking for mom and dad

We visited Wescourt for my mom and dad. It was very clean and very well decorated. What I really like with it was that it was big, bright, and open, and there were lots of windows. It was a medium-size place with about 119 guests. We had lunch there, and the food was very good. The facility itself was really pretty.

July 20, 2015

By Karen110089150

Wescourt was very nice, but you'd have to be rich to live there. The staff was fabulous. It was absolutely beautiful, but the cheapest apartment was $1450 a month. It had a countertop that was about 24 inches long and a little section if you wanted to put a microwave, and all your meals were prepared. But that did not fit my needs. Unless I was 85 or 95 years old and couldn't move very fast or very far, I would become very claustrophobic in that particular apartment. What was acceptable to me was their one- or two-bedroom. It had a very nice layout and an actual kitchen, living room, a bathroom, and a couple of closets. It was really quite fabulous, but it was $2800. If I was married and had two incomes, two pensions, and two Social Security, it would be fine, but I'm none of those.

November 19, 2014

Wescourt was a very nice place, but my father doesn't seem to want to go that far away from his home. The rooms were very good, and the staff was very nice. Everything was extremely pleasant, and I thought this would be the place he'd go, but he doesn't want to go that far from our hometown.

July 20, 2014

By Robert87764950

Wescourt is a nice place, and I was very impressed. I'd probably not take it because what they charge is a little bit over half of what I take in, and that's tough to do. They have tours that they do in the places they go. There are exercise programs. They have card programs. They have people come in and entertain. The price for what I looked at was $2500, and that includes meals, cleaning, and linens which was fine.

June 30, 2014

We found Wescourt, and she's been there, and she loves it. When we toured, the staff was good. They seemed to be responsible. I'd say the room is a fit for her. It's not spacious; it's actually kind of small. They had little bands there. We've seen checkers, chess, and TV when they were socializing. She does her hair there. There was a lot going on.

June 27, 2014

By Yvonne14

Wescourt was very nice, quite extravagant-looking. They seem friendly. All your meals are free. The food was very good, and it was more like one of the nicer hotels. The food was like they made it in the kitchen from their grandmother or someone who knew how to mix different foods together and make them appealing. I think that's very important, especially for people my age. The rooms were nice. They have a lot of things to do. You could be busy from daylight till dark. I liked it because it was classier, and the manager was very friendly and invited me back several times to visit. I had a friend who lived there. It's not really expensive, but for me, it was.

June 26, 2014

I had stayed in Wescourt, and it was a very nice place. I would recommend it to anybody looking for something like that, and I am sure everybody would be happy with it. They had good meals. The staff I had seen were pleasant and could carry on a conversation. They had church services. They played bingo and cards, and they dressed up for the holidays, for the fun of it, I guess. They had ice cream socials and all kinds of good stuff.

June 25, 2014

I loved Wescourt. It was very nice. I liked the attitude of the help, and that counts first. They were pleasant, smiling, attentive, and very customer-oriented. A lot of my friends have friends or relatives that lived there. I have never heard any negative remark about them ever. I had lunch there several times, and they‘ve got excellent food and great menus. I was very impressed. There were different choices for rooms. They have smaller ones and some apartments for married couples. You can play bridge, it’s top notch, and they have a lot of good players there. They decorate for the seasons, especially for Christmas. It’s just beautiful; when you drive down the street, you always turn around and look at Wescourt.

May 31, 2014

By Rabert

In Wescourt, the room was a one-bedroom with a handicap bathroom, a little living room, and a little kitchenette. The staff were very good, and the food was excellent. The residents were very friendly, and they seemed happy. They could improve, though, on their elevator. They have only one elevator and it’s very small.

October 24, 2013

By Barbara64947450

Wescourt is absolutely beautiful and lovely. There are about 120 apartments. They have studio, 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom. If my mother were traveling and happened to be somewhere that had a Wescourt, they would provide her with a room at no cost because she is already paying for a room at Saginaw. It didn't work out for us but I know that others in that Wescourt used that to trips and specifically went places where there was a Wescourt place they could stay at. They had 3 meals provided, very nice meals.

August 29, 2013

By HardToPlease51

My husband and I went to WesCourt for a visit. We wanted to view the facility, meet the staff, and see if financial we could afford to move into this facility. We both loved the surroundings and what Wescourt had to offer their residents. As we see the property is properly been taken care of. The Manager Martin gave us the heartwarming feeling that he was part of our family. He cared about our situation and was willing to help us out in any way he can (in confidence). The Staff there was so kind and polite. We are seriously thinking about moving into a Holiday Inn Facility because of what they have to offer.

July 18, 2013

By LinetteN

My sister and I toured this facility as a consideration for our parents. There was nothing about this facility that we did not like. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend Wescourt for anyone that is ready to transition to a retirement community!

Questions about Wescourt

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Wescourt. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Wescourt offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Wescourt exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Wescourt offer to independent living residents?

If Wescourt accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Wescourt work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Wescourt

Photos of Wescourt

Services and Amenities of Wescourt

• Independent Living Starting At: $1950/month

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Garage, Private

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Wescourt

Wescourt, a senior living facility in the Saginaw, MI area, is a vibrant community where residents are cared for by attentive staff and family-like friends. From housekeeping to maintenance to mealtime servers and activities staff, Wescourt provides a variety of services to make life easier. Residents can enjoy three delicious meals each day in the beautiful dining room as well as housekeeping services and linen service. The facility also offers off-site excursions and transportation for personal appointments.

Map of Wescourt