Boulevard Health Center & Sub-Acute Rehab

Reviews of Boulevard Health Center & Sub-Acute Rehab

Nursing Home Reviews for Boulevard Health Center & Sub-Acute Rehab

October 19, 2017

By bhc

I would like to take this opportunity to say Thank You to the staff of the Bradford Medical Resort at boulevard Health Center! From my first day here, I have been treated with the utmost care, lots of hugs and respect. It has been an outstanding experience for me. We all take for granted those daily skills we have, but if you need the help to reach your goal, come here! The Center is amazing! Everyone helps out. I can't say thank you enough to the great nursing staff, they always have a smile and caring attitude and help you anyway they can (especially my Victoria). To the amazing PT & OT staff, especially Ron and Matthew setting the goals for me with walking again and helped me get there and more. You and the rest of the OT & PT staff, my miracle workers!! Again set your goal, embrace what you want and they will get you there! Big hug and thank you to my speech therapist, Susan who really made me use what I have for now and extend that out to the world. For the great conversation and laughs, can't say enough. Please take the time to come and visit here if thinking of a place for your loved one, you won't regret it. The special people here will help you with your treatment with respect and care, and yeah some love! You'll see the difference! With many thanks and gratitude! A. Bloomstrand

July 20, 2017

By TroyResident

I had my mother transferred to this facility for rehabilitation following her heart attack. I had been in the Bradford Medical Resort for two weeks for rehab after my back surgery and thought the care was excellent. Boy was I wrong. From the get go they were trying to push to have my mom released. They never paid attention to any of the hospital records and even messed up her medication at the beginning. I am there almost every day not only to see my mom, but to keep an eye on things. The main problem is their administrative staff. All they care about is the money. They lack compassion and shouldn't even be in this business. The care staff is, for the most part, very good. There are a few that are exceptionally good, but once the residents get used to them, they are moved elsewhere. This is not the thing to do with patients with dementia and they should know that. However, I guess they are just lucky to get half of the number of required staff on weekends. Yet, nothing happens to them about that. They transported some residents in the winter for an 1.5 hour trip in an unheated bus and the State "could not substantiate" the claim. I was on the bus! This is supposed to be one of the best facilities in the area. God help us!

July 31, 2016

By Sonja611101

My mom stayed at Boulevard Health Center. It was bad. It's a nursing home, assisted living, and rehab. I didn't like them at all. The rooms were very dated. With the staff, it's either you get a great person or a terrible person. There's nobody in between. Either they're awesome or horrible. The facility is dated, and the food is horrible. My mom had four accidents last night because it took them 15 to 20 minutes to respond to her and even when I was visiting, if we pushed the call button, it took at least 15 minutes for somebody to respond. I was just extremely upset. At one point, they woke my mom up early to take her to breakfast, rushed her down to the dining room before it was even open, and left her sitting in a wheelchair for an hour and a half. When she told them she had to use the restroom, they told her she had to eat first. It's a very dated facility. The air-conditioning in her room broke, and my mom has a breathing problem and temperatures like that will really compromise her breathing. It took us 45 minutes to get a fan in her room. They have a little gift shop, beauty salon, and a very nice, modern workout room for their rehab patients with a lot of equipment. I chose it because from the outside, the grounds look beautiful but once you get past that, it's terrible. They cannot keep a consistent medication schedule; for people who are ill or struggling with their mental state and especially those who are short term, that's just unacceptable. I complained several times. There was a new nurse on every shift every day and nobody's got to her at the same time, so it was very confusing for my mom. She just never knew what to expect.

April 15, 2015

By Kim H.

My dad is in Boulevard Health Center. I had heard several good reviews about the facility, but now having experienced it...its all true! The staff is knowledgeable, kind, and patient. They are attentive to their patients needs and take the extra step in making them comfortable. The facility is clean and well-managed. Our family has experienced two other nursing rehab centers and neither of them were like Boulevard! In the short amount of time of my Father's stay, he has made great strides,his physical therapy team is excellent! The staff manages transport to and from doctors appointments. There is nothing for us to worry about! My dad is happy, comfortable, and cared for It has made this very difficult time so much easier for all of us! Thank you Boulevard Health Center for making this challenging experience a pleasant one!

January 21, 2015

By derm76

Very impressed with this faculty. My mother received excellent care while she was there. Staff was extremely helpful and compassionate. The facility was beautiful and the food was terrific. The therapy team got mom up and going and back home.

January 21, 2015

By Demar23

My mother was given excellent care at the Bradford unit; best of all my mother's health was returned and she came home to her children, grandchildren & great grand children, for additional five plus years! Thanks Boulevard

January 11, 2015

By poorservice

stay away from this place. within 3 hours of arriving, my 94 year old mother was left laying alone in bed with dried blood all over her nose, mouth, chin, neck and chest from a substantial nose bleed. A staff member just handed her a rag and left. What kind of patient care worker would leave a 94 year old bleeding??

December 24, 2014

By Michelle A.

i had my mom here. She was treated with such care and compassion. The building is so clean. The nurses were compassionate and the therapy staff was tough but good!! Thank you for taking care of my loved one with such caring.

August 28, 2013

By Lindsey1

My dad is staying at Boulevard Health Center for his rehab. When my dad calls for the caregivers, they come as soon as they can. Maybe they can have a little more staff, but I recommend them to others.

June 02, 2013

By MarkA

this place was great. The entire team was amazing. My mom was healed after much hard work with the therapy staff and is home. Thank you to the wonderful nurses that helped her you really are angels

May 31, 2013

By PaulT

Excellent facility. Nursing and rehabilitation services are excellent. Therapy is excellent.

April 28, 2012

By don't want this to happen to you

Stay away from this place!!! My relative was on Hospice, dying and was scared. The nurses placed him on the floor and walks out of the room until he calms down, they didn't do it just once they did this another time. When I question about them treating him that way he received a involuntary discharge. He passes away during that time. They don't care for people living there.

March 27, 2012

By tab1234

I'm not impressed by this facility. In general, I don't think they are compromising the health of anyone but there definitely isn't any extra effort being put into helping the people living there. The support staff is very pleasant and seems to want to help. This includes the people who work at the front desk, the maintenance crew, physical therapists, and gift shop workers. The nurses and nurse aids are a different story. When I would explain to them that the person I was visiting was in pain, thirsty, cold, etc. they seemed very annoyed and many times directed me to where I could get the relief method myself. Isn't the person living there paying thousands of dollars a month for care? Often I would arrive and my friend would have dried food or vomit all over them. Sometimes some of the nurse aids would complain about the others they work with saying their lazy or rude. The food they were being served was nothing to be desired either. Even though they had a preference sheet that includes foods they do not like, often these preferences are ignored. Dinner items are commonly non-substantial like serving grilled cheese for dinner.

November 15, 2011

By Social Worker # 1

In general; I thought that Peachwood Inn/Borden Court Nursing Home was a perfect place for someone who is looking for an elegant, inviting, nursing home for a friend or a family member to live. Peachwood Inn/Borden Court Nursing Home is a beautiful picture perfect facility for anyone to live or visit. The grounds of the facility are picture perfect, beautiful, elegant, and tailored fit for a king and queen to live and the heavily wooded and secluded acreage of land surrounding the facility makes you just stop in your tracks to get a look at the beauty that surround you. The common areas of the facility are also heavily wooded and secluded and the freshness of the air is awesome the surrounding neighborhood is also heavily wooded and secluded the entire facility look like very expensive, elegant condominiums the setting and the structure. The residents' rooms are beautiful and designed by a designer the coordination and the beautiful colors all blend together with perfection. Some pastels but primarily earth tone colors are also blended as well. Some of the residents' rooms are very large and have matching sofas in them that match the décor in their rooms. The staff and management of the facility are very professional, and team task oriented in their performance and job duties also there was always a staff person around to assist the residents every needs. I know the residents receive excellent care there. While I was there, I noticed that the residents were being served ice cream because they have an ice cream social on a daily basis and friends and family members are also invited to enjoy ice cream with their loved ones. I would give Peachwood Inn/Borden Court Nursing Home a five stars rating for their excellence and expertise. Overall, Peachwood Inn/Borden Court Nursing Home is one of the most elegant facilities that Michigan have to offer any senior or anyone any age group that like to live in a facility that is fit for a King or a Queen to live in. I would recommend it to everyone, anyone of any age that is looking for a royal nursing facility to live temporarily or permanently it will be the perfect place for all age groups to live in and I know that they would do excellent there and I know that they would love it there.

About Boulevard Health Center & Sub-Acute Rehab

Boulevard Health Center & Sub-Acute Rehab is a senior living provider in Rochester, Michigan that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Boulevard Health Center & Sub-Acute Rehab for more details on services and rates.

Map of Boulevard Health Center & Sub-Acute Rehab