Brighton Gardens of Northville

15870 Haggerty Road, Plymouth, MI 48170
Brighton Gardens of Northville (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 225 days

Please ask about our special incentives!

Reviews of Brighton Gardens of Northville

Assisted Living Reviews for Brighton Gardens of Northville

November 29, 2016

By Beth242202

We went to Brighton Gardens. It was very bright, had a lot of lights, and was very clean. The director who runs that community was a charming person. You can tell that she likes her job. The rooms were very lovely and very bright with lots of lights. They had separate different activity rooms. When we went in, the residents were active and out of their rooms, which is something you would like to see if you’re taking someone there for dementia, which my friend has, that there is stimulation. It was very, very good. The activities that they provided were the same as other places offered. They had a daily list of a calendar of things like bingo, movies, art projects, entertainment, and outings. If residents want to take little day trips, they are welcome to go.

June 28, 2016

By Sharon485206

Brighton Gardens of Northville was very clean and beautiful. They don't leave the patients in the rooms. They had a staff member assigned to the patients to take them out of the room and downstairs to the general area every day. The lady who we had consultations with tried to be very accommodating to us and tried to work with us. They were doing something in a circle when I was there, like passing a ball around or something.

May 12, 2016

By DeniseAKOUT

We went to Brighton Gardens and were not impressed with their rooms. They were very small with the beds very close together. I think it costs less than other places. My mom has her own room, though she shares the bathroom. The lady was very nice, but she was really sick when we were there and kind of out of it, so she didn't have spot-on answers about some things, but it was nice. It's just the living situation felt like a hospital room.

May 10, 2016

By Caring Daughter123554950

Brighton Gardens of Northville was very nice and was kept up well. They had more activities than the ones I visited and the staff seemed OK but not as friendly, nice and accommodating. I just wasn't impressed by the staff.

March 04, 2016

By Kerri5

We visited Brighton Gardens, and I met the staff. I felt they weren’t willing to answer all of our questions, and skated around a lot of the questions; especially on violations. The facility itself was very beautiful, very nice, and very clean. The rooms were nice. I would have picked it had I not looked at the reviews on violations online. The dining area was very nice. They sometimes take them on outings to see a play, they have card games, and Bingo. They need to improve on quality of care.

November 30, 2015

By Anonymous116881950

The sales representative who assisted us at Brighton Gardens was absolutely delightful. She was just lovely and very informative. We had a very good visit because of her. But most of the people there were seniors and have memory problems, and it’s not for us.

May 04, 2015

What I like best about Brighton Gardens of Northville is that the staff actually formed a care plan for my mom, which the other ones do not have really. They are very friendly and fairly informative. My mom seems alright with their food. Sanitation is good. There is absolutely no odor. Her room is good. She seems comfortable with her room. She has a roommate.

January 06, 2015

By Catherine20

I visited Sunrise (Brighton Gardens of Northville). The rooms were very nice and convenient. The staff was very accommodating. The person that took us around was very kind and very compassionate. The people that were living there seemed to like her. The activities were nice and very good. They had music playing, people playing cards, and they had tea time in the afternoon. The dining area was very nice.

December 17, 2014

I went to Brighton Gardens. The facility itself was small and nice. The rooms were nice but they were also small. The people were friendly. The staff all greeted me and wanted to know who we were. The lady that did the tour for me, her mother was actually a resident there. They had a lot of activities. When we walked by, we saw them tossing a ball, and there was a guy singing to another group of people. I thought their activities were good. In a lot of places that I visited, you just saw a lot of people just sitting around, and they say they have activities but they aren't in motion. But with this one, there were three different things going on at once. Also the dining area was laid out nicely.

December 04, 2014

By Greg20

I found Brighton Gardens of Northville to be pleasant. The staff asked us what our needs were for my mother-in-law, and we wanted to see if we could fit. The rooms were adequate, and the food and the dining room were above average. I was impressed with the administrative staff by way of their the overall mood and attitude.

May 29, 2014

By Jan31

Brighton Gardens of Northville was very good. It was clean. The rooms were big. In fact, it would have been my choice. It seemed to be more active. There were people in the dining room. Everyone was upbeat and very professional.

October 09, 2013

We moved mom out of Brighton Gardens because it was the worst place I have ever been to in my entire life. She lost 30 pounds because they weren't feeding her. No one was caring for her like they were supposed to. It's a beautiful place, but all it gave us is a mother that is now on hospice.

We're very sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience with our community. Please know we care deeply about the safety and well-being of each of our residents. We would like to learn more about your experience, so please contact us at information@sunriseseniorliving.com. – The Sunrise Team

October 03, 2013

By Judy43

Brighton Gardens was wonderful. I would recommend them to anybody who wanted to go there. The facility was great and clean. The amenities were great. There were lots of activities and the staff was wonderful.

March 04, 2013

By Peggy9

We like the proximity of Brighton Gardens of Northville to my home. We like the staff, they've been flexible with us. They're very caring as well. The food is average, although there are choices and it's reasonably good. My father is in a separate apartment with a living room, bedroom, and a bathroom. They do have a variety of activities, but he doesn't get involved much. Bingo, cooking classes, and board games are not his thing. But he tends to like musicals; the string quartet and the singers that would come in. However, they could improve on their food service.

Thank you for your message! Our programming is a cornerstone of Sunrise communities everywhere and we're pleased to offer activities that enrich mind, body and spirit. Your local community should have a regular music program that your loved one can participate in. If you have any questions about this program, please contact us directly at information@sunriseseniorliving.com. We'd also love to have you back as our guest to enjoy a meal on us, and have you experience another meal from our Signature Dining Program.

November 26, 2011

By Social Worker # 1

I think that Brightons Garden of Northville assisted Living is an excellent choice for someone who is looking for a placement for a friend or a family member. Brightons Garden of Northville, is beautifully landscaped, maintained and structured and so very tasteful to the eye. The common area of the facility was beautiful and so was the surrounding neighborhood surrounding the facility as well with acre of greenery and beauty. The staff was always visible for the residents that live there in the facility. The facility was also nice and clean and did not smell. The resident's apartments were also beautifully decorated with very elegant furniture to fit the residents' individual needs and fit their various life styles as well and with matching décor as well. While there, I noticed that the residents had various activities and recreational activities also going on at the same time that way no resident is left out of any activities or recreations. Brightons Garden of Northville looks like very elegant and they also look like condominiums and not at all like an assisted living facility. It is simply beautiful and the staff and management there treat the residents like family. The management and staff are very nice, professional and team, task oriented in their job duties and performances. In general, I would rank this facility with a five stars rating for their excellent and expertise. I know that anyone any age would love to live in this facility because it is so homey and inviting and it looks just like they are living in condominiums.

Memory Care Reviews for Brighton Gardens of Northville

Questions about Brighton Gardens of Northville

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Sunrise’s onboarding program includes comprehensive classroom training on a range of topics, from dementia care to the fundamentals of assisted living and resident care. Additionally, team members receive hands-on training and continuing education throughout their careers. This training includes areas such as memory care, activities of daily living, infection control, falls, privacy, and resident rights.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brighton Gardens of Northville. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

While our residents’ ages vary, they particularly enjoy our Sunrise Live With Purpose™ programming, which includes activities like art, music, learning, community involvement, physical activity, and more. We have adjusted some of our regular programming to further promote the health and safety of our residents and team members throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. We have done so in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations and health authorities.

What programs or activities does Brighton Gardens of Northville offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Our dedicated activities team engages residents based on their individual preferences. Activities can include art, music, learning, community involvement, and physical activity.

What transportation services does Brighton Gardens of Northville offer to assisted living residents?

We provide scheduled transportation services for residents. Please contact us to learn more.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brighton Gardens of Northville exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We believe that quality food is an essential part of our residents’ overall well-being. Our dining program features well-balanced, homemade meals using fresh ingredients. Our highly trained, in-house chefs speak regularly with our residents to learn what menu items they would like featured in the community. From BBQ to tacos to seafood, you can expect a diverse menu with an exciting variety of cuisine.

What safety features or security measures does Brighton Gardens of Northville offer to assisted living residents?

Our residents enjoy senior-friendly living spaces designed for comfort and safety, including an emergency call response system. We assess residents every month during wellness visits to determine if they will require additional safety with an individual emergency pendant

How does Brighton Gardens of Northville keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We provide regular updates via mail, phone, and email. Our team members also help our residents video chat with their loved ones on Skype and FaceTime. Through our electronic health record system, our team members can easily see and document information such as residents’ care delivery, medications, diagnoses, and activities of daily living, among others. As a result, when authorized family members contact our care team with questions, we are able to provide timely updates.

If Brighton Gardens of Northville accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

At Sunrise, we love animals and appreciate the importance of pets in people’s lives. You are welcome to bring your own pet that you care for yourself, and many Sunrise communities have a resident cat or dog. Our pets live at the community full-time and are truly part of our Sunrise family. In fact, many of our communities are home to senior pets, who we've adopted from local animal shelters.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Sunrise’s onboarding program includes comprehensive classroom training on a range of topics, from the fundamentals of assisted living and resident care to dining and activities. Additionally, team members receive hands-on training and continuing education throughout their careers. This training includes areas such as memory care, activities of daily living, infection control, falls, privacy, and resident rights.

What programs or activities does Brighton Gardens of Northville offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Our Life Enrichment Managers get to know each resident’s unique preferences, hobbies, and life experiences to help them experience meaning and purpose each day. Residents engage by participating in a variety of programming, such as art projects, crafts, puzzles, and other creative and cognitive activities. By combining current research on social engagement and brain health, and building upon our Sunrise Live With Purpose™ programming, we offer memory support programs that focus on strengthening and maintaining our residents’ cognitive abilities. These programs leverage things like physical fitness, occupation-based activities, and daily journals to help residents find meaning and purpose every day.

What techniques does Brighton Gardens of Northville use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We are committed to creating a familiar, pleasant, and dignified dining experience for our memory care residents. Our dining rooms are warm and inviting with fresh flowers, linens, and soft music. Fiestaware china, finger foods, and contrasting table linens are among the tools that promote independence. Residents are presented choices visually, allowed time to make their selection, and given their chosen item quickly after the selection has been made.

How does Brighton Gardens of Northville keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Photos of Brighton Gardens of Northville