Independence Village of Midland

Reviews of Independence Village of Midland

Assisted Living Reviews for Independence Village of Midland

January 28, 2021

By bossis

The facilities are very clean and neat. Staff washes dad’s sheets and clothes regularly as needed. The room is comfortably large, and the high ceiling helps to make it feel less closed in. Windows to the outside are large as well, and offer the opportunity to be opened (they are screened). Residents have wardrobes in place of closets. Bath is fully equipped for the needs of the handicapped, and a sink with mirror, cupboards and a mini refrigerator complete the layout. Staff members have been very kind and considerate of dad. They also have had to respond to increased requests for information from family due to the COVID lockdown there, and have really worked hard to do so. Dad loves the ice cream truck, and the fun things the social director arranges to keep up his spirits and those of the other residents there. I haven’t been privy to many of the other amenities offered due to the lockdown, but I did appreciate being allowed to visit with dad in person for his first seven days there even during lockdown (after having a negative test for COVID). Dad aldd see o went on a drive in the community van to see the Christmas lights downtown once. They have a very extensive staff, and a specific breakdown for care - stage related. In comparison to other similar facilities, they are more expensive, but you get support from many different staff members who focus on specific needs - social/emotional, physical, and administrative. This seems to work smoothly. Things I wish they had: a bigger garden area - dad loves the outdoors.

September 24, 2019

By MD3

Have had a family member here for a couple of years and am glad we made this choice. Very clean (cleaning staff is very pleasant too & friendly with the residents), comfortable & nicely decorated, like that the assisted living section is limited to about 25 residents (more personal), staff is very caring & friendly!! Lots of activities for those residents that want to participate - crafts, trivia games, bingo, outings, a variety of musical entertainment, puzzles, etc p. Activities Director Katie is the best - she is always upbeat & kind to the residents!!

September 18, 2019

By beckalob

Independence Village is a well lit, clean facility. The staff are knowledgeable and kind. They have activities almost everyday, and social affairs with family and friends often. I hear the food is good!

By Delighted Daighter

Staff is very caring toward the residents. There is tons to keep residents busy including in-house and off site activities. Residents help each other which is sweet

By Scott Tefft

Independence Village keeps them busy all day long with activities. Devotionals him sings crafts out to Dow Gardens luncheons. People coming in to perform music and more Friendly and helpful staff 😊

By The Ole Cowboy

My dad receives great care at Independence Village. The care staff is amazing and loving. There are many activities my can can choose to participate in and they are geared to meet everyone’s needs My dad’s room is spacious and cleaned weekly. The meals are served like a family community not a cafeteria and the set up is quaint. My dad loves the food and looks forward to dessert. My dad has been on several outings to Dow Gardens and the canopy walk. He has also been on lunch trips and trips around the city.

March 30, 2017

By Shirley164423

I visited Independence Village. Their price was too high. It was very nice, and I like it, but I couldn't pay like $5000 or $6000 a month. It wouldn't take long to use up your savings. The room was very nice. I like it. It almost hooked me, but I can't afford to pay that much every month. We had lunch there, and the food was very good. Overall, it was a very nice place. It was very clean. They had nice a library. The activities were very nice too.

December 13, 2016

By Lorin708365

My mom moved in to Independence Village of Midland. It's a nice facility with independent living, assisted living, and memory care. It's really nice and clean, and the staff is attentive and meets our needs just fine. They have exercise, music, recitals, discussion groups, and movie nights. The food isn't great, but it's decent. The dining area is right off the activity area and is very well-kept, there are lots of windows around, and it is a nice place to sit and eat.

August 12, 2016

By Lloyd030103

Independence Village is a step up from the other place I visited and more expensive. The rooms and building are more upscale. The dining area is very luxurious, and the chef is amazing. It’s a wonderful place.

November 28, 2013

By dupuisloucrl

Independence Village was a nice and very large place. The rooms were very large, very spacious and very nice. The people working there also appeared to be nice. It would have been an ideal if it didn't cost more money. They had a nice walking tracks around the complex.

July 27, 2012

By slovakiasteph

The facility is clean, entryway is bright, and staff seemed friendly. There was no one in the office when I arrived because it was a little past the office hours. I walked down the hallway to visit my friend and saw a resident or two headed toward the dining hall which is in the main area.My friend and I had dinner in the dining room. The food was average-- good choices, but most of it tasted processed. We had a drink with our salad/soup, then the main course, then dessert, which was cake or a fruit salad. The servers seem to be high schoolers but were polite and a few knew my friend by name. Our server was quick and friendly but didn't seem especially engaged, although she did smile. My friend seems pleased with the service there and makes use of the recreational activities and outings offered occasionally. It's more of a community for her as she's friends with several residents there.

Independent Living Reviews for Independence Village of Midland

September 10, 2019

By bkarenl

Great staff, friendly and kind, many menu options, activities for all interests, clean and welcoming environment. My parent is very happy here and I know he is safe. People can choose from indoor or outdoor activities including trips to restaurants, apple orchard, farmers market, Dow Gardens, as well as music, painting, exercise, bingo, wii games, nature presentations, special speakers. The food is delicious with options for varied tastes. The chef is open to resident suggestions, special meals are prepared for holidays and other events. All the staff knows my dad's name and he knows theirs. Housekeeping is excellent and the grounds are kept beautifully. I'm glad he chose zindependent Village as his retirement home. When he can no longer drive he'll still be able to get around with the available transport van. Thanks for the great environment!

June 06, 2017

By a-visitor447368

I was very impressed with the Independence Village of Midland. Their independent living section was extremely nice. I did not tour that much of their assisted living wing. They said they have done studies and that the ideal size for a room is 250 sq. ft. because they don’t want the residents to stay in their rooms that much; they want them to get out and mingle. That was a little confining as far as I am concerned. They had a lot more open activities, and I thought there was a lot more going on. It was a larger place for one thing, and the spaces that they have available to do things are larger, properly decorated, and a little better movement like the food area, which was nicer.

Memory Care Reviews for Independence Village of Midland

March 26, 2020

By PatriciaL

Our parents have been in all three levels of Independence Village in Midland. A facility like this is never any better than the staff, and these people are INCREDIBLE. They are loving and kind, and go well beyond their responsibilities to keep our parents safe and healthy. They work very hard to keep our folks active and interested.

January 03, 2020

By CaringCaregiver

Independence Village of Midland was very nice, but they have no closets. You have to put all their clothes in the cabinets instead. They had residents sitting around a girl who was reading stories to them. If they get hungry in between dinners or at night, they have food there for them. They have plenty of juice and water for them during the day. They have transportation, an activity room, plenty of space to have a party, and a library. It's a beautiful facility.

September 18, 2019

By Kenk

IV has been outstanding at helping us navigate the transition of my parents from independent living through memory care. Staff is always accommodating and goes out of their way to help. Dad is participating in activities he would have never tried on his own. He really enjoys them.
See all Memory Care reviews (7) See fewer reviews

Costs for Independence Village of Midland

Services and Amenities of Independence Village of Midland

• Minimum Age: None

About Independence Village of Midland

Independence Villages holds over 35 years of experience developing and operating Senior Housing throughout Michigan, Indiana, and Ohio. We manage and service individuals and couples throughout each one of our 2,000 units across the Midwest, with care packages offering a complete continuum of care. Independence Village is proud to be sister companies with StoryPoint, which combined ranks in the top 25 largest senior residence operators in the country.

Balcony, Wi-Fi, Air conditioning, Cable TV, Kitchen appliances, Tub and walk-in showers, 24-hour on call staff, and much more!

Map of Independence Village of Midland