Marycrest – Michigan

Reviews of Marycrest – Michigan

Assisted Living Reviews for Marycrest – Michigan

February 07, 2019

By Mother stayed here

My mother stayed her for 2 weeks January 2019. While the OT and PT staff were very good and I would recommend them, the nursing staff and care here is absolutely terrible. My mother fell two days after being admitted. Her caregiver arrived to find her laying on the hard tile floor flat on her back. She injured her back. She called for help. The aids arrived, didn't check to see if my mom was bleeding, had broken any bones, simply picked her up and put her in a wheelchair and left. Nurse came later after my mom's caregiver asked for Tylenol for pain. She arrived and again didn't check to see if my mom was injured. Told our caregiver she had to file a report. That was her only concern. No one returned to check on my mother for the next 8 hours except to bring Tylenol and nighttime medicine despite assurances that they are required to conduct neurological tests after a fall. After 1 1/2 months I finally received a call from the Director of Nursing. She told me that the report showed the nursing staff had responded appropriately. If you care about your loved ones, DO NOT, put them in this facility. Nursing staff spends all their time on cell phones and talking among themselves. Your loved one will not receive the attention that they need.

January 28, 2019

By Carole Schwartz

I stayed in this facility for nearly 3 weeks after surgery complications from ankle surgery. Every issue the patients and their families is true, they are understaffed, and deliberately have been overheard at lunch saying “ I’m finishing my lunch let her sit on the toilet”.it is agony to set in wet underwear constantly ringing for help, only to hear staff giggle and play games.the woman across the hall was desperate for help,crying plantively for help! This place is a nightmare. The higher ups act like their listening but do nothing. I ended up having to spend a Kong’s Ransom on a private nurse because I was always left alone and couldn’t move. SHAME OS THIS FACILITIY AND NURSES IN IT! TAKE MY ADVISE AND STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!! Carole

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about your experience. We take resident and family complaints very seriously and ask that you contact our Executive Director, Karis Wilson Jones at your earliest convenience so we can look into your concerns immediately. We look forward to hearing from you.

Independent Living Reviews for Marycrest – Michigan

Nursing Home Reviews for Marycrest – Michigan

January 11, 2019

By Management needs to pay attention

I have never seen a place with so many ups and downs, but more downs. You have some workers who are great and do their best to help residents. You have too many others who talk on cell phones, ignore residents, talk with each other, leave residents wet and soiled. I have complained about this to management and no one does a thing about it. Why not? And why do they not see people sitting in the dining room and some of them don't get food. And some of them need help and only one aide is helping t hem while the others talk on their cell phones or they're hiding in other parts of the floor. shame on all of those people. If you don't care about helping, go into another field. But don't ignore these people whose families are counting on you to help. It is so upsetting I want to cry some days. Sorry to give a 1 rating on staff to those people who do care, but they're are so many others who don't. Who does your hireing? And please clean your dining room floor. Sometimes the same food is on the floor for days.

August 17, 2018

By disappointed246

If you like waiting 20 minutes to use the restroom this is your place. If you like to see your mother laying in a soaked bed at 7 in the morning this is your place. Worst lunchroom I have ever seen. You may sit for an hour and then get some soup. In about 30 minutes get the main dish. In another 30 minutes get one cookie. Ice water, none for five hours today 8/17/18. I must have somebody here 10 hours a day for decent service. A few dedicated people that can be counted on. Nurse Paula is a life saver. Keep looking or be here all day for your loved one. You can make do if you are always here. Understaffed as well. Be prepared to clean your loved one after they use the bathroom or sit there for way to long. Make videos for proof and keep them. Enough people complain with video to back up complaints things may change. Got to be here to believe it.

August 12, 2018

By Dissapointedascanbe

They are understaffed and a little slow to respond to the patients needs unless you stay there all day and find somebody when needed. The food service is the worst I have ever seen. You may sit at a table for an hour and a half before any service is provided. I would fire the entire kitchen staff in an instant. A real supervisor could make it a great community by hiring two additional service personnel for patients and hiring a complete kitchen staff from scratch. Presently my Mother is there so I stay all day. I would rather have a less attractive building and more tentative staff instead. Keep looking.

June 04, 2018

By Please think twice about coming here

This place is not what it seems. It looks beautiful so you think care will be great, but it isnt. After you spend a few weeks here you will see that they just don't have enough help and their management must not care because there is no supervision. You see aids talking on cell phones when they should be helping patients with dinenr . Some people cant cut food or food was never delivered, but the people on the cell phones don't seem to care to help. I gguess it would interrupt what they are doing on their phones. Dont the supervisors here see this? No because you don't see supervisors. They also don't see that sometimes it takes a long time for help to come to the room. It is not every aide who is like this. Some were very good, but there are too many that don't seem to care. I would try my luck somewhere else if I went for rehab again.

December 14, 2017

By Lisann1

My dad just spent over three weeks at this location. Everyone was so nice. He got very good care. However, I do believe part of the reason he got very good care was that my mom spent 8 hours every day at the facility. We would recommend this facility.

October 28, 2017

By compassiontakesheart

Beautiful state of the art facility, clean and neat, but if you are looking for quality care GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. Being affiliated with Trinity Health organization does nothing to make the care match the facility. Other comments are correct. Woefully understaffed and staff dose not show genuine care. And don't expect to get fed at this facility. The dining area process to get your food is pathetic. "Nutritionists" walk around taking orders, but there is no first come address, so one person could wait for over an hour to even be acknowledged while another person shows up and they are immediately walked over to for an order. And the idea of taking peoples orders at the table right then and there is silly as may of the residents are unable to make choices, due to debilitation, inability to communicate or dementia.Then when you place your order for all this great sounding food, they never even provide what you order, or you only get a portion of your order. Even that will take you 30- 40 minutes to have it delivered to your table. Should you have diet restrictions don't come here. My mother is celiac and they don't keep track of that need, and when they take orders for food and the food on the menu is not gluten free you are told there are no substitutes, so you go without food. Heaven help those who have religious restrictions, or are diabetic and have to wait for food. This facility just had a grand opening last week, and then there were Trinity leaders walking about. The regional director from Trinity got an earful about this, and to this very day nothing has changed in the dining room. So much for care about your residents.

September 21, 2017

By barbara62

Very serprised by lack of care. I had heard great things but didnt see great things once I got there.Not enough workers and some aids have an attuditude and dont help.

May 04, 2017

By patty7377

The midnight staff was nothing short of useless, you could hear them playing around in the hall with the call light on for over 10 minutes, then it was very sad to see a lady in a wheelchair out in the hallway asking for help to get in bed while the aid sat on her phone and the other one on a computer, I witnessed the lady crying for help for at least a half hour, at 1 am 5/4/17

March 10, 2017

By Someone who stayed there

Most people here are very caring, but sometimes it feels like there aren't enough people. You buzz and no one comes for a long time. Too many different people. You feel like they dont know you. Some of the midnight aides aren't too nice. Do they have a supervisor?

March 02, 2017

By NESO'

I had a total knee replacement in January 2017 and I had my Skilled Nursing Care at Marycrest Campus in Livonia, MI. I received the best of care at this wonderful facility. The staff is top notch and very attentive!! Everyone that I met and came in contact with was awesome!! I would highly recommend this facility!! :-) :-)

February 28, 2017

By oopsadazy

Run away from this dreadful place! I started my rehab here after having back surgery. I would ring and ring my bell for help getting up and nobody would come. I would yell for help, my room was kiddy corner from a nursing station and we would hear them talking, laughing and carrying on, and yet they ignored me. As a result I ended up with such a horrible infection my surgeon pulled me out of there after my post op appointment and he had to put me on a wound vac 3.5 months! I had to take sponge baths only for six months and endure painful cleaning sessions every other day. Try sleeping or getting dressed with a hose stuck in your back!

January 17, 2017

By lspindura

My Dad at Marycrest Manor almost 30 days, came home 2 days before Christmas. EVERYONE WAS AMAZING!! And I mean EVERYONE!! Nurses, Cnas, Kitchen Staff, Housekeeping, PT and OT where always available to my Day and even when I called late at night someone there to give me an update. I would HIGHLY RECCOMEND Marycrest Manor.

August 11, 2015

By pstorm

my husband is currently in here for rehab after a fracture. He has received excellent care from the dedicated staff. He is going home next week because of the excellent care in mind, body and spirit he has received.

March 02, 2015

By mary Fallon

Do not take your loved one here. Not enough help. Excuses from staff why they cant help. Feeding residents substandard food. Do not go here

Photos of Marycrest – Michigan

Services and Amenities of Marycrest – Michigan

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Marycrest – Michigan

Marycrest – Michigan is a senior living provider in Livonia, Michigan that offers residents Assisted Living, Independent Living, Nursing Homes, and Continuing Care Communities. Contact Marycrest – Michigan for more details on services and rates.

Map of Marycrest – Michigan