Sunrise of Cascade

3041 Charlevoix Drive SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546
Sunrise of Cascade (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 2 days

Please ask about our February Special Incentives!

Reviews of Sunrise of Cascade

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Cascade

November 23, 2016

By Laura578767

Sunrise made me feel a bit there was too much stuff going on. I didn’t feel comfortable. The facility was clean. It felt so clattered the way that they had the decor. I think their intention was to make it not so hospital-like, but in that respect, it just felt too clattered. It wasn’t as clean. The staff seemed very nice and fine.

September 30, 2016

By Dawn613882

We really liked Sunrise, and we’re hoping to get in there. We liked the overall package and the atmosphere of the place. It’s an assisted care, and that’s what we’re looking for. We liked the services that they offered.

December 16, 2015

By Lori117333050

Sunrise of Cascade was high-priced, but it has a very homey atmosphere. The facility was very clean, and the rooms were very nice.

November 29, 2015

When we moved Mother into Sunrise of Cascade, we were very happy with the results up until my mother progressed into her dementia and got a little worse. After that, it seemed like the care there lessened. When she didn’t need as much care, it worked great. They have changed managers several times where people leave and other people come in, so I don’t know if that’s the reason. We expedited our move of her because they didn’t take Medicaid but also because of the things we’ve noticed. One problem we had was that when they did her laundry, it seemed like they were overloading the washing machine, and her clothes got holes in them. You could tell it was from a washing machine because it was the same type of hole; they didn’t seem too attentive to her things. I know that because of dementia, she would get other people’s things and vice versa, but I thought the misplacement and loss of her things was overboard.

Thank you for your review; please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise. Please email us at Information (At) SunriseSeniorLiving (Dot) com. Thank you, Sunrise Team

April 15, 2015

By caregiving relative

We have had a family member in Sunrise for a number of years. The staff has always been available. My mother was in another facility and when she was sick I had to go each day and make sure she was getting cared for and given pills on time. That has never been the case at Sunrise. They communicate with the family and the resident. They have activities that are scheduled and they actually do them and interact with the residents. It has been nothing but a positive experience!

March 20, 2015

By Unsatified family member

Went there a few times to visit friends, and noticed a lot of the time they do not have enough staff to care for all the residents. They served the same soup for three days in a row, for the amount of money paid NOT ok.

Thank you for your review. Please know we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience. Please email Information@SunriseSeniorLiving.com with further details. Thank you, Sunrise Team

November 28, 2014

By Sue94470650

My mother-in-law is in Sunrise. It has a very homey feeling to it. The rooms are in good size, and the cost is good as well. The staff is very good. They are very friendly and caring. The director is outstanding, and the sales person is very helpful as well. The food is very good. The grounds are absolutely beautiful. There is a garden pass that you can walk around. The facility is easy to get around because it is all on one floor. The other thing is, they have animals there. They have a resident cat and dog so it gives it a very homey feeling. It is not too close to the hospital, but it is maybe a 10 or 15-minute drive. They have activities. They have sing alongs, cocktail hours, and they have painting every week. I would recommend them to others.

May 29, 2014

By Caring85197650

I thought the environment at Sunrise was very good. The staff was good. I liked more that they had availability. They have private rooms and shared rooms in the price listing. Their dining rooms were smaller. The people could go into the kitchen, or they could have something anytime they wanted.

September 29, 2011

By VanderJere

I just have to say that I wasn't impressed. My sister was taking care of our mothers living arraingments. We all decided she needed to be in a nursing home. My sister just picked a facility without checking the details about it because she was in a hurry to get out of the situation of taking care of our mother. The staff wasn't very friendly. They were not rude but just real standoffish. They did not do a good job interreacting with the residents. It felt that they were just there for the money. There was nothing special about the facility or anything that really stood out. The residents did not appear to have many activities available to them. The general appearance of the facility was very drab and gloomy. I ended up taking my mom to another facility. I believe her overall health and apprearance were completely change by this move. I would not recommend this facility. To down and gloomy.

Questions about Sunrise of Cascade

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Sunrise’s onboarding program includes comprehensive classroom training on a range of topics, from dementia care to the fundamentals of assisted living and resident care. Additionally, team members receive hands-on training and continuing education throughout their careers. This training includes areas such as memory care, activities of daily living, infection control, falls, privacy, and resident rights.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Sunrise of Cascade. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

While our residents’ ages vary, they particularly enjoy our Sunrise Live With Purpose™ programming, which includes activities like art, music, learning, community involvement, physical activity, and more. We have adjusted some of our regular programming to further promote the health and safety of our residents and team members throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. We have done so in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations and health authorities

What programs or activities does Sunrise of Cascade offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Our dedicated activities team engages residents based on their individual preferences. Activities can include art, music, learning, community involvement, and physical activity.

What places are near Sunrise of Cascade or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are located minutes from Mary Free Bed YMCA, Cascade Public Library, Fredrick Meijer Gardens and many shopping and dining options.

What transportation services does Sunrise of Cascade offer to assisted living residents?

We provide scheduled transportation services for residents. Please contact us to learn more.

What makes the chef or dining program at Sunrise of Cascade exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We believe that quality food is an essential part of our residents’ overall well-being. Our dining program features well-balanced, homemade meals using fresh ingredients. Our highly trained, in-house chefs speak regularly with our residents to learn what menu items they would like featured in the community. From BBQ to tacos to seafood, you can expect a diverse menu with an exciting variety of cuisine.

What safety features or security measures does Sunrise of Cascade offer to assisted living residents?

Our residents enjoy senior-friendly living spaces designed for comfort and safety, including an emergency call response system. We assess residents every month during wellness visits to determine if they will require additional safety with an individual emergency pendant.

How does Sunrise of Cascade keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We provide regular updates via mail, phone, and email. Our team members also help our residents video chat with their loved ones on Skype and FaceTime. Through our electronic health record system, our team members can easily see and document information such as residents’ care delivery, medications, diagnoses, and activities of daily living, among others. As a result, when authorized family members contact our care team with questions, we are able to provide timely updates

If Sunrise of Cascade accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

At Sunrise, we love animals and appreciate the importance of pets in people’s lives. You are welcome to bring your own pet that you care for yourself, and many Sunrise communities have a resident cat or dog. Our pets live at the community full-time and are truly part of our Sunrise family. In fact, many of our communities are home to senior pets, who we've adopted from local animal shelters

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Sunrise’s onboarding program includes comprehensive classroom training on a range of topics, from the fundamentals of assisted living and resident care to dining and activities. Additionally, team members receive hands-on training and continuing education throughout their careers. This training includes areas such as memory care, activities of daily living, infection control, falls, privacy, and resident rights.

What programs or activities does Sunrise of Cascade offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Our Life Enrichment Managers get to know each resident’s unique preferences, hobbies, and life experiences to help them experience meaning and purpose each day. Residents engage by participating in a variety of programming, such as art projects, crafts, puzzles, and other creative and cognitive activities. By combining current research on social engagement and brain health, and building upon our Sunrise Live With Purpose™ programming, we offer memory support programs that focus on strengthening and maintaining our residents’ cognitive abilities. These programs leverage things like physical fitness, occupation-based activities, and daily journals to help residents find meaning and purpose every day.

What techniques does Sunrise of Cascade use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We are committed to creating a familiar, pleasant, and dignified dining experience for our memory care residents. Our dining rooms are warm and inviting with fresh flowers, linens, and soft music. Fiestaware china, finger foods, and contrasting table linens are among the tools that promote independence. Residents are presented choices visually, allowed time to make their selection, and given their chosen item quickly after the selection has been made.

How does Sunrise of Cascade keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around Sunrise of Cascade. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Sunrise of Cascade is located in Centennial Park just East of I 96 and south of 28th Street. Centennial Park is zoned as a mixed use park with offices and residential homes.

Photos of Sunrise of Cascade