Lifehouse Whispering Woods

Reviews of Lifehouse Whispering Woods

Assisted Living Reviews for Lifehouse Whispering Woods

April 25, 2018

By Krista Bradford

My daughter and I toured Whispering Woods for my husband, her father. We are looking for a safe community for him to live at. He currently has MS and recently it has increased and gotten worse. We found comfort in the fact that the Assisted Living could take care of him and progress as this disease gets worse. We toured building 5, which had a great group of people in the dining area playing bingo, and a tv room with sports on. Had a chance to speak to one of the caregivers and she told us she has worked at Whispering Woods for over 3 years. I asked if she mainly stays on this building or if she moves around and she said building 5 was her main building. We want the same people to be around all the time for my husband so he can feel comfortable. All in all the buildings could use an update, I did notice it was a little outdated. But we liked the staff and the residents all said hi when we came through to tour - we need other residents who will hold conversations with him and participate in activities with him. He is on the younger side and enjoys his Tigers and Lions.

April 09, 2018

By LeeRobert

My sister and I had to find a place for our parents quickly, my father was at the hospital and was needing to be discharged and my mother could no longer take care of him. We were left in an awful situation where we had to make a decision quickly. We worked with the case manager at the hospital who set us up with Whispering Woods. We were able to tour the facility that afternoon and were very pleased they had a suite style for our parents (we were worried they would have to be in a small space, coming from a 4 bedroom home). Whispering Woods worked quickly with us and the admission process went smooth. We were able to have my father brought directly from the hospital a few days later and my mother the following week. Even though my fathers care is more than my mothers, the stress of my mother having to do it on her own is off her shoulders. Yes, she is still there to help, but the staff has been very friendly and helpful with the transition for her. We are very pleased with Whispering Woods and the how quickly they worked with us.

April 09, 2018

By TTaft82

My mother is in a studio style room, there is no kitchenette, but we were able to bring in her own mini fridge and coffee machine. Staff has been friendly and helpful, her first night at Whispering Woods we had some cognitive issues, but the staff was patient and understanding. I know my mother enjoys the activities that take place in her building, including bingo and getting her nails done. She has made a friend and they now dine together for all meals. Before she was having minimal interaction with other people her age, only at church. The community offers a full menu with alternative food options and 24 hour care - this was our biggest selling point because we needed her to have help in the middle of the night if she needed to use the restroom, and help with her medication (she has medication all through out the day and needs to be crushed and added to ice cream or yoghurt. We are looking forward to the warmer weather so we can enjoy the walking path behind her building, there is a two small ponds and a fountain. I know she will enjoy all the birds and wildlife the water brings. Overall we are very happy and feel comforted having her in a residents that provides the care she was not getting at home.

January 15, 2018

By Child of Parent Residents

Both my father and mother are residents at Whispering Woods, they have a joined suite in Assisted Living. They recently had to move from their Assisted Living Facility due to an extreme increase in price. Whispering Woods has been a great transition for my parents - their rooms are bigger than the previous place and they have enjoyed getting to know the other people in the building. Also, they were very impressed with the food - which was big!

November 25, 2017

By Jacq C

We're moving into Whispering Woods in August. We liked that it had everything that we were looking for and everybody was great. The room that we chose was a 2-bedroom with 1 bath and a full kitchen. The facility itself was very nice. They had all kinds of activities and programs, and extra care if you needed. They had a laundry facility and pretty much everything most places offer. They have three meals a day. The staff was wonderful. We walked through the whole facility, it was very nice.

October 17, 2016

By Pissed off POA

This place is horrible! My Aunt is staying here, The staff is just awful, they are so disrespectful and rude to her. Some of the staff the their children to work with them and the kids rummaged threw her stuff with mom saying nothing. Also I found staff sitting on a couch whit her boyfriend or husband and she was playing with her baby instead of taking care of residence. Pills have been found on floor and they have even not giving her medications that were prescribed. Communication with the care manager is just awful, she says that she will call us weekly with updates and that only happened once. We were very worried about cellulitis on her leg. The care manager told me that it looked fine and that she was on an antibiotic and that was a complete lie. Please don't go here if you love your relatives.I m sure that they will not publish this review. But I hope that they do. PS...My Aunt is moving out as I write this.

February 02, 2016

By eilas

DO NOT put your loved one here. It starts off ok, but goes down hill from there. I so regret ever moving my mother here, but it is what it is now. Some staff are the absolute worse, rude, lazy, and are there only for a paycheck and want to do as little as possible for it. If you want care for your loved one, this is not the place....
Hello, Thank you for letting us know your concerns, were sorry to hear that this has been your experience. Whispering Woods has recently undergone a change of management group and we have seen many wonderful improvements. We pride ourselves in providing ongoing training to new and previous employees in order to provide the best care possible. Our managers are providing oversight to our team and they are reviewing education by our nurse. This gives our team the tools they need to provide appropriate care to each of our residents. Again we are very sorry for any inconvenience and our door is always open if you would like to stop back and see the improvements that have been made. Thank you, Whispering Woods

July 07, 2015

By BadGenes

Very disappointed with everything - the care, hygiene, or lack of, cleanliness of rooms, expense, communication with staff and family. I'm not sure how they continue running this place they way they do. Do not recommend!!
Hello, Thank you for letting us know your concerns, were sorry to hear that this has been your experience. We would be happy to set up a care conference with you and our management team to address these issues and develop a plan of correction. Our goal is to support you and your loved one while working together to meet your expectations. Please let us know if you would like to set up a meeting, or please stop by as our door is always open if you need to speak with us. Thank you, Whispering Woods

June 25, 2015

By trust your instinct

My Mom has been here close to two years. If I had my way, she would have been gone a long ago. The facility is short staffed. The employees are overwhelmed and have given up. Very rarely will I see the same people on my weekly visits. There are times when there were no staff in the building. My mom is in building 8. Don't put your loved ones here.
Hello, Thank you for your feedback, were sorry to hear that this was your experience. Whispering Woods recently underwent a change of management company and has seen wonderful improvements in many areas. To ensure the highest level of care is being provided our employees are receiving on-going training and education as well as increased oversight from the management team. We strive to hire staff that is compassionate and caring so each of our residents gets the quality of care they deserve. We would love for you to stop by and see the wonderful improvements that have been made. Again we are so sorry for your previous experience. Thank you, Whispering Woods

May 12, 2015

By Klee53

I placed my mom there on the fall and now I'm desperate to move her six months later. Wish I could give zero stars. 1.. I have found stray pills in the room at least five times, including oxycodone which she does not take. They didn't give her two of her meds in March, and withheld another in April (could have been longer.) I haven't been able to get those medical records. More than $1,000 worth of her clothes and belongings have disappeared and they have lied about looking for and finding them. I went in a day after I was told three things had been found and none were there. None of the staff had seen them or had even been asked to look for them. They don't communicate with each other from one shift to the next. Mom went to the emergency room yesterday but today's workers didn't know! They do not help her maintain personal hygiene or make sure she changes her clothing every day. Today she was dressed in the same outfit for at least the third consecutive day. She also had her pajamas on underneath. She had no depends or panties on and her pants were filthy. She was wearing the same bra and socks for several days. Her hair is rarely combed and her clothes are often dirty. Her bed is never made up properly- no sheets, just a mattress pad and lightweight blanket. Not the quilt we bought before she went in.

March 10, 2014

By Fullofregret

Awful place. Regret ever placing my loved one here. Terrible care, thoughtless staff, sad place.

Photos of Lifehouse Whispering Woods

About Lifehouse Whispering Woods

The sun dapples your bay window as you peek over the edge of your favorite coffee cup. The laughter of friends mingles with the rhythm of a new day, as you watch the ponds turn richly golden against the natural wooded setting-Whispering Woods Assisted Living in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

Levels of Care Provided:

• Independent Living with services
  • Assisted Living
  • Memory Care
  • RespiteREFRESH

Services and Amenities:

• MCAL quality award winning retirement communities
  • Private and Shared Accommodations available
  • Well-balanced meals
  • Social and recreational activities programs
  • Full service salon