American House Grand Rapids

American House Grand Rapids (800) 385-2527

Reviews of American House Grand Rapids

Assisted Living Reviews for American House Grand Rapids

April 25, 2016

I'm moving to American House. It’s friendly, and I have a nice, spacious apartment. The other ones are very expensive and more prestigious, more elegant, and more formal. Where I’m going is very informal. There are all different kinds of people who live there and enough things to do. The staff is very friendly and very helpful. Security is fine. It’s more simple living than the other places. They don’t need to improve on anything for me.

March 26, 2016

By Caring Daughter122266550

American House was very nice and had helpful staff who did a good job of giving us a thorough tour. This one didn’t have many amenities. The dining room was very nice, well laid out, bright, spacious, and clean. The rooms were also nice; not as nice as in the other American House, but they were certainly nice. They could probably update the rooms a bit.

November 30, 2015

By Barb36

The only place I toured was American House, and that was very nice. The rooms looked very accommodating for someone who was looking to live there. I didn't see the handicapped room, but they do have handicapped equipped rooms too that were very nice, and I think that would be pretty nice for people that need it. It had so many perks to it that a person could take advantage of, having physical therapy there, so it's just a really nice place.

September 29, 2015

By Caring111981850

At American House, I was favorably impressed with almost everything. The particular person that showed us around and spent a couple of hours with us was the most helpful.

Thank you for your review. It’s wonderful to read that our staff went above and beyond in terms of service. If there’s anything else we can do for you, please don’t hesitate to call me directly. Sincerely, Dee Deil, Executive Director (616) 622-2579

Independent Living Reviews for American House Grand Rapids

January 25, 2016

By Enid2

My dad is in American House Grand Rapids. It’s close to where I live, and we’re familiar with the system. The staff is really nice, and very welcoming. The rooms are really nice. It’s clean, and safe. The food is really good. Sometimes, I go and have lunch with my dad, and it’s well-balanced. I feel like they are careful about the sodium in the patients’ diet. They have a lot of activities. They have religious services. They have movies, and bingo. They take them out to activities in the community. So far, we are doing OK, and we are very pleased.

January 24, 2016

By Bob and Brenda Looking Forward

American House was very good and the prices were good too. From one perspective you can only have one program there, so it wasn’t really satisfactory for us. They don’t have the buy-in and it’s straight rental. They have to take the food so you can’t reduce the rent figure at any way. They did have some very good offer, so if you're a person who didn't want to cook you'll do very well there because it include an awful lot for the rental amount. We're still cooking and we're still enjoying it, so that's not an option for us at this point. We were very impressed with the rooms. I'd say it's a 5 rating there, for the money. Particularly the 2-bedroom was very attractive. It was probably the best apartment that we saw in the three places that we went. It’s most suitable for us. The arrangement and the size were very good.

August 11, 2015

By Kiemetha

My mother used to live at American House. It's more in her price range than any others. The staff is very friendly, and the rooms were just the right size for her. Some of the ones we had looked at didn't have a kitchen, and she would like to be self-sufficient, so she needed a kitchen. She likes the tub, and the majority of them did not have anything but showers. This one has a tub as well as a shower or a full bath. It also has a full kitchen, as well as an enclosed bedroom. She has her own bedroom, as well as her own living room and a patio area. They have all kinds of activities. She just doesn't participate in any of those things because she never really did any of those. The place is not too far from either one of her children, as well as near the area where her pharmacy and her grocery store are, and not that far from the malls, too. It also has an elevator, and she's only on the second floor.

Dear Kiemetha, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate all of your feedback. It’s our pleasure to offer a supportive and enriching family atmosphere with all the comforts of home. If there is anything else we can do for you or your mother, please stop by my office or call me at (616) 622-2579. Warmest regards, Dee Keil, Executive Director

February 27, 2014

By Peggy27

Glenhaven is very beautiful. My mother-in-law is happy there. It is much cheaper in that side of the state. It's about $1,000 less a month. She gets her laundry and housework done once a week. It's all included with the price. She gets two meals a day and they are considering right now doing a breakfast. So that people who want to come down for breakfast it will be available. The rooms were very nice and much bigger. It has large windows that overlook a field and it's not right up close to a building. She can look out into the field and see deer. They've got remodeling going on and they're going to expand the dining room. She's just very happy there.

August 17, 2013

By Familyperspective

My father lives at Glenhaven and, overall, is very happy. However, he and other residents say the meals are "a joke." Four choices on the daily lunch menu for months at a time, and often inedible. There is a constant turnover of chefs. Living at this place can be wonderful but don't expect anything in the dining room related to a good meal. I'm intentionally posting this because there is no recourse and I feel bad for the people who live there. Take it or leave it is management's approach.

May 01, 2013

By Ralph3

I haven't moved in yet, but I am going to the Glenhaven Manor. It's a very nice place, their rooms are comfortable, and it's an independent living facility with all the assisted living-amenities as well.

Photos of American House Grand Rapids

Services and Amenities of American House Grand Rapids

• Coffee Shop
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

About American House Grand Rapids

For senior care in Grand Rapids, MI, American House Grand Rapids Senior Living has become the standard of excellence. Residents living at American House Grand Rapids fill their days with exquisite dining and a variety of both planned and spontaneous trips to neighboring golf courses, local shopping centers and excursions to downtown Grand Rapids for lunch. Many residents bond over shared or similar experiences, and exchange stories for hours, developing friendships that enrich their lives for years to come.

American House Grand Rapids Senior Living offers a variety of living options for those seeking affordable, quality senior living in Grand Rapids. Whether your needs call for long term independent living, assisted living* or short term supportive care, we offer a relaxed and friendly apartment-style community. We strive to make the transition into a senior living community as comfortable and effortless as possible, and our programs are always evolving to meet the changing needs and desires of our residents.

*Medical support services provided by a third party not affiliated with American House.

Map of American House Grand Rapids