Sanctuary at the Shore

Reviews of Sanctuary at the Shore

Nursing Home Reviews for Sanctuary at the Shore

August 27, 2012

By skywal3735

This facility took care of both my paternal grandmother and a cousin on my father's side as well. The facility is right on the main drag in Grand Haven which makes it easy to get to. While the building might not look like much on the outside, the inside of the facility is very nice. There is a small courtyard garden as well as one in back. It is very nice to go out and look at and to take people out to. Sanctuary also has a nice chapel, two beautiful dining/activity rooms, some common/family rooms and a little beauty shop where a cosmetician would come in twice a week. The staff was always friendly and willing to help with any request though they were a little overworked at times. They were very supportive during the passing of my cousin and my grandmother. The only real complaint I have is that the alarm system would go off every time someone tried to go outside. I understand that the system has to be set after visiting hours are over but I feel that they did not need to be set during the day as this made it very hard for us to go outside or leave without setting off a loud alarm or requiring the assistance of a nurse to turn the alarm off. Still, this was a relatively minor annoyance on the grand scale of things. My cousin and grandmother were both happy there and the staff took excellent care of them. Also on the plus side, this facility accepts Medicaid. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking to place a family member or relative that is unable to care for themselves. Though it will be several years until I have to worry about it, I would definitely consider placing my parents here if the time ever came that I couldn't take care of them anymore.

April 09, 2012

By MidMichMan

Very helpful staff from the minute we walked in to the complex. Our grandmother was here for almost a year and we were witness to several upgrades and advances within the facility which furthered our opinions. One of the most exciting improvements that were made while my grandmother was in this facility was the addition of the birds in the entrance way. On several occasions we would be on our way to see our grandmother and we would find her, and several other residents, absolutely transfixed by the birds and all of their movements throughout their cage. Along with this great experience, the new dining room floors really impressed us along with the in-house physical therapy unit which was incredible. The staff was also a great assist within this nursing community because they continually went above and beyond what was expected of them to make everyone in our family feel comfortable and at home. Overall, this was a fantastic experience and I would highly recommend this unit.

Services and Amenities of Sanctuary at the Shore

About Sanctuary at the Shore

Sanctuary at the Shore is a senior living provider in Grand Haven, Michigan that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Sanctuary at the Shore for more details on services and rates.

Map of Sanctuary at the Shore