Independence Village of Frankenmuth

Reviews of Independence Village of Frankenmuth

Assisted Living Reviews for Independence Village of Frankenmuth

September 15, 2015

By Sandy112927950

I visited Independence Village of Frankenmuth. It was brand new, and it was really nice. I wasn't able to place my uncle over there because it was private pay. You pay one flat fee, and everything was included for one rate, no matter if he gets minimum care or if he needed maximum care. It's beautiful, and the rooms were private. I didn't meet any of the staff except the woman that was giving me the tour. It's a locked down memory facility, so the residents can't get out, wander around, and get hurt. They had a separate dining facility, but they would also serve meals in their room if required. They had nurses on staff. It was well landscaped, and it smelled new inside. The rooms weren't that big, but they had choices. The place was spotless. It seemed like they would accommodate my uncle's particular situation because even though he had a history of being combative, they didn't seem to have a problem with that; they experience that a lot with dementia patients.

August 31, 2015

By Looking for mom and dad

The other one I like was Independence Village of Frankenmuth. It was a pretty place too. All the rooms had balconies, which was really neat. I think they had 260 residents at the time. The facility was an old hotel that they renovated. It was really pretty. The dining room was pretty too. However, the facility was a little bigger than I would like for my mom and dad. Depending on what side of the facility they're in, it was a long walk to the elevator down to the dining room. The facility wasn't quite as bright and open, and also it was a little farther away from me.

June 06, 2015

The location of Independence Village is good for our family. It’s a big facility, and it’s clean and well-maintained; it’s a nice size room. They have a good and adequate staff. They rotate several different people, so we see a lot of different people. They have live music; they go on walks. They have trips to various things in the community that the residents could go on.

January 13, 2015

By Jennifer48

My dad is at Independence Village. It is a really big place. It is very nice. My dad is in his own apartment that was furnished except for the bed. It comes with a couch, a table, a chair, a little kitchen, and a nice bathroom with a pull cord. A catch to his apartment though is that another apartment would use the same kitchen and living room, but he doesn't have a roommate in there. The facility provides all of my dad's food which he chooses from a menu. He can't see, so they have to tell him what it is, but he chooses his own food from an awesome menu. All the meals and snacks are provided. The activities are just everyday. They have a bus that takes them to doctor's appointments. They take them to activities, casinos, and grocery stores. They have a doctor there on staff that they go to for minor things. A nurse checks on my dad once a week. She'll come by and fix his medication for him. They have an exercise area, and he does his exercise everyday. Housekeeping comes in everyday, makes his bed, and tidies up his kitchen. I would rate it the highest. It is a great place.

November 22, 2014

By Caring102085150

We were able to visit Independence Village of Frankenmuth, and the visit went fine. We saw the rooms, and it was clean and spacious. Their dining area is very lovely, and the food was good.

May 31, 2014

By Rabert

Independence Village was very clean, and one part of the village is assisted living. The rooms have little kitchens with no stove or anything. The room is carpeted and has a handicapped bathroom. The staff was very nice. The food is good. We’ve been there for an overnight stay, and the residents dressed well, and they were all clean and friendly. They were well taken cared of.

January 29, 2014

By Wendy19

I'm moving to Independence Village of Frankenmuth a week from now. I looked at the internet and I found the facility. It's halfway between the places of my brother and my sister, so that would be perfect. I like the people in this facility. I think they are so pleasant and so nice. They have a shuttle that takes the residents to places they want to go. They also have all kinds of things going on. The food is really great because they have a chef. It's marvelous and they are really open to suggestions. I think it's the people that really attracted me because they were so nice.

October 11, 2012

By Grateful Grand Daughter

I really enjoyed visiting my grandfather here. The place is very comfortable feeling and looks very clean at all times. The staff was very nice and quick to help if needed. The staff was very kind and courteous when tending to his grooming and hygiene needs. They took their time with him and showed him more patience than I expected them too when it came time for his meals. The interactions that the staff gave to my grandfather was not only necessary and vital to his rehabilitation, but made me feel comfortable leaving his side, as I work more than full time hours and could not be with him entirely. There was one lady staff member that took such a liking to my grandfather, that I believe the extra human compassion should him from her, was the push that he needed to take part in his own recovery. Full of gratitude for this place and it's staff members.

June 15, 2012

By WSU0912

The staff were nice people, but didn't keep track of some of the residents who had psychological disorders. I understand that people like to get up and walk around, that's fine, but sometimes things can get taken too far. My father had a fellow resident crawl in to his bed a couple nights. The staff, however nice, acted like it was completely normal, almost like my dad should get used to it. He also brought items that weren't returned to him when he left. The rooms were dirty, and I don't think that they had the proper means of assisting my father had he needed something serious. That being said, I'm sure some people will imply that this is only an assisted living facility and not a hospital, but the distance to an emergency room isn't a short one. Given the time it would take for an ambulance to get transfer them in the event of an emergency, I feel that there should have been a few more precautions taken.

We are sorry to hear that you felt your experience was less than excellent. I can assure you that this is not the normal service we aspire to provide at Independence Village of Frankenmuth. We strive to provide our guests and residents with superior services and amenities. If we can be of any assistance in clearing up any concerns you may have please feel free to contact us.

May 09, 2012

By nunz7777

My mother has only resided at Independence Village for three weeks. In the short time she has been there I have found it to be a very pleasant facility. The staff is very cordial and helpful. She needs assistance because she has had her left leg removed above her knee. She has had prompt help whenever she needs help using the restroom or other needs. The food at this facility has been very acceptable and seems to be quite nutritious. My mother can be quite picky at times regarding her food, and she has had very little complaints. The only thing that prevents me from giving a 5 star rating, would be the fact the facility is quite old. However because it is well maintained and clean, this is not a real concern.

Independent Living Reviews for Independence Village of Frankenmuth

September 07, 2017

By Linda

Independence Village of Frankenmuth was the only one we visited. I would recommend everything there very highly. I was impressed with their customer service, the room that they had showed us, and their whole program. If you become ill or want cleaning services or food or laundry, they help out for a fee. They can meet a person's needs no matter what it is. I had one meal that was very good and tasty, and they have a dietitian who meets everyone's dietary needs. If you need something special, they accommodate you. Overall, I'm impressed.

September 06, 2017

By Irene

I liked Independence Village of Frankenmuth. They had everything that I would like. My issue with them was their entry fee was high. The rest of the communities ask for a fee to go in, but then they return it with your rent. With Independence Village of Frankenmuth, it's $2,500, and they keep it. That's the only thing that keeps me away. Other than that, I liked the room, the dining room, the area, the people, and what they offer. Their rooms are nice, well kept, and clean. The stoves and refrigerators are in good order and up-to-date. I met a couple of staff members who were good and friendly.

August 12, 2016

By Lloyd030103

I visited Independence Village. I was interested in the one-bedroom, but they showed me a one-bedroom and two-bedroom. The residents looked happy and cheerful.

June 15, 2015

My father is in Independence Village of Frankenmuth. The rooms are big. They are very attentive. They check on the people to make sure they were OK everyday. They have a doctor right there, so they don't have to leave the facility. They have a bank in there that they can use. The dining room is very nice. It is like a restaurant. They order their food just like in a restaurant. So far, my dad has said that the food is very good with good portion. They have two choices of entrees. They have very friendly people. They will bend over backwards to give what you need and what you want. Their room looks like an apartment not a room, and it is a thing that I like. It has a big living room and a big bedroom, the kitchen is small, but for one person, it is adequate. They have a 4 by 4 feet storage room that they can use. They have a wood shop if he wants to go down and do anything there. They have a lot of activities. On Mondays, for everybody who has a birthday, they have like a little birthday party for them. They also place a little sign on their door letting people know when their birthday is, and they send them birthday cards. They go on trips. They take them on grocery stores and shopping. There is always something going on, and there are different activities they can do like bingo, cards, and walking clubs. They have a place where they can work out. They have physical therapy. They have entertainment that comes in. The one I really like is that they have a really big room that you can rent for parties. There is a little grocery store. They do the linens. The clean up once a week, and they have a yearly cleaning that they do. Overall, it is a really nice place.

Costs for Independence Village of Frankenmuth

Photos of Independence Village of Frankenmuth

Services and Amenities of Independence Village of Frankenmuth

• Assisted Living Starting At: $1999/month

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Minimum Age: None

About Independence Village of Frankenmuth

Independence Village of Frankenmuth isn’t just located in the heart of one of Michigan’s top attractions; it’s an integral part of it. Just as the bustling city of Frankenmuth overflows with a spirit of warmth, exuberance and hospitality so do we.

Nestled in a beautifully landscaped campus, Independence Village of Frankenmuth is home to a rich and storied community, elegant yet affordable apartments, an endless array of services and amenities and a caring, expert and cheerful staff.

Map of Independence Village of Frankenmuth