Lake Huron Woods

Reviews of Lake Huron Woods

Assisted Living Reviews for Lake Huron Woods

February 22, 2015

By Jim98004250

Lake Huron Woods is a Holiday Facility. It is a very high end facility. It is very nice and very clean. It is well kept. If you were looking for a place for your mother and you walk into that, it's the kind of place you'd go say that this would be a nice place for her. It is both an assisted and independent living. At the time I walked in, they were serving lunch. It was served in a well ordered manner. The food smelled good, looked good, and tasted good. The main question I always ask myself is would I put my parents here. The fact of the matter is if my parents were alive I would definitely put them here as opposed to other places where you walk in and say you wouldn't put your puppy dog in. The organization that owns that particular facility is the Holiday. They have over 300 facilities across the US and Canada. Most of them looked similar as you walked in. As you walked in, it looked like you were on the second floor of a hotel with an open area in the middle. I'd give it a five, and I haven't seen anything else that was a five so far.

Independent Living Reviews for Lake Huron Woods

June 01, 2018

By CP

Lake Huron Woods is very nice, quiet, and very peaceful. I like the location. Inside, it is quite beautiful. The dining room looks like a beautiful 4-star restaurant. It was my birthday when I went there and the chef made me a lemon meringue pie to take home, which was really nice.

December 15, 2017

By Bev M.

I visited both apartments and cottages at Lake Huron Woods, and I really liked the feeling of the place. The meal I had with them was excellent. The only drawback is that at 75, I would be the youngest person. They have been very accommodating to find me exactly the type of place I want to stay, and that's why I'm moving there. There are lots of places to do things, and they have lots of activities every day. They have a barber shop and a beauty salon. You can do your own laundry or have them do it. What's really neat is if you're in an apartment at Lake Huron Woods, they have storage areas on each floor, for seasonal things like Christmas trees.

April 25, 2017

By Mary586274

Lake Huron Woods was what I thought it would be. It catered to seniors with meals, but I didn't need that. The apartment was perfect for what I needed. They had a package to rent the apartment for less money and not be tied in to all the other expenses because it was really expensive. It was way out of my budget. The staff was very informative and very friendly. The people that I met while we were walking through the facility were all very polite. They had an exercise room and laundry services I could use or they would do it for me for a fee. They handed me a break down of everything. I could choose just to rent the apartment. If you didn't want to clean your house, they would come and clean your house for a fee.

January 05, 2017

By Michael855888

We went to Lake Huron. It was very well-kept and very friendly. The residents were very happy. We liked the grounds. I thought it was very nice. They took them to local shopping malls, played cards, and had a little library and TV room for movies. There were multiple things for them to do. They served dinner. The staff was excellent, answered all my questions, and gave me information. They showed me a one-bedroom and a studio apartment with plenty of room. They provided transportation to doctors' appointments if they were local.

February 18, 2015

By mannie93

The staff is wonderful here they are very caring. The community is very clean and lots of activities to do. I recommend Lake Huron Woods to all my friends and family!

Costs for Lake Huron Woods

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Fitness Room/Gym

• Home Sale Assistance

About Lake Huron Woods

Come love life with us at Lake Huron Woods, a full-service independent living retirement community in Fort Gratiot. Whether you select one of our ranch-style cottage homes or an apartment in our amenity-rich Manor building, you will experience the finest in senior living with activity-filled days and restful nights. We’re located in a beautifully wooded setting off Lake Shore Drive, just minutes north of downtown Port Huron.

There is just so much to appreciate here. First, our beautiful surroundings will take your breath away before you even get inside. And then you’ll quickly discover the conveniences we offer, including an onsite beauty salon and barbershop, lending library, Fitness Center, a craft and hobby workshop and more. Coupled with the services we provide, Lake Huron Woods provides a carefree retirement lifestyle our residents and their families.

Map of Lake Huron Woods