Blue Water Lodge

Reviews of Blue Water Lodge

Independent Living Reviews for Blue Water Lodge

February 29, 2016

By Anne120203750

My mom was at Blue Water Lodge. She lived there about a year and a half. She was quite pleased with it. She paid the price for an apartment. It was expensive for what it was but she was able to bring all of her furniture. They had lots of things for residents to do, but they weren’t always as interested in it. At Blue Water, the staff was not like a skilled nursing staff; they’re more like waiting staff. Considering they don’t get tips when they wait on them, those people were wonderful. Blue Water was a nice place, if that’s what you’re looking for, and I thought they were great to Mom. It was a good place. I definitely would recommend it, but it was little on the expensive side.

November 30, 2015

By Laurie41

They’re doing a great job taking care of my dad at Blue Water Lodge. Everybody there is friendly. They have a lot of activities, and the management is very helpful. My dad is doing fine, and he is gaining weight. I would recommend this place to others.

October 27, 2015

At the Blue Water Lodge, we had lunch, and it was a very nice setting. My mother very much enjoyed it. I've left my options there open. They have contacted me several times and offered additional visits, even a no-cost visit where my mother could stay overnight in more motel-type setting, but she doesn’t want to do that right now. We only saw one apartment and it was fully furnished and beautiful. It was one-bedroom with a full bath, full kitchen, living room, and balcony. All of the people seemed very friendly. The woman that we had talked to introduced us to several of the residents, and everyone seemed very friendly. It seemed like the right age bracket, but my mother didn't feel that she was old enough to be there. It was very clean. If she were to go any place, this would be the one that we would choose. It seemed like they have a lot of activities for them like casino trips, musicians that came into the building, and more of those types of things.

May 06, 2015

By Ronald19

We have visited Blue Water Lodge, and we were impressed with it, but it was very expensive. They showed us a two-bedroom apartment which looked nice, and they also showed us a cottage which looked nice as well.

February 09, 2015

By Laurie30

We have my mother in Blue Water Lodge, but she passed away. Everything was nice there, and it was near to where I live. Everybody there was very understanding and very patient because my mother has dementia; she was there for about seven years. They handled her very well. The room was perfect for her. She had a living room, a sofa, and a kitchen area. They had a lot of activities, they have people come in, and they have entertainment. They have buses that take them for rides, to movies or shopping, and doctor’s appointments.

December 10, 2014

By Jim98004250

If I were going to make a choice tomorrow, Blue Water Lodge would be one of the top 3. I looked into a 1-bedroom, and it was very adequate. The staff was very nice and very knowledgeable. They did their job very well. They have buses that take the folks to the mall. They play wheelchair volleyball. They have movies and a pool. It’s a gorgeous facility, and the whole place is basically built around the dining area. Its presence is very impressive as you walk in the door.

July 25, 2013

By Stacy2

When we checked out Blue Water Lodge for my parents, we liked it and thought it would be good for them. This one also is close to my house. We got my parents a one-bedroom, one-bathroom apartment. It has a living room and a small kitchen. It is not really big, however, we are very pleased with the accommodation. We are also very pleased with the management staff. They offer a lot of activities for their residents. They do a lot of things there. They take them out and travel in a bus. They take them to and from appointments. Overall, we are very satisfied with this place for my parents.

Costs for Blue Water Lodge

Photos of Blue Water Lodge

Services and Amenities of Blue Water Lodge

• Housing Extra: Cottages

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails

• About Blue Water Lodge

Blue Water Lodge is located in Fort Gratiot, MI, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Blue Water Lodge for a visit...and stay!

Map of Blue Water Lodge