Blue Water Lodge

Offers Independent Living

2840 Keewahdin Rd, Fort Gratiot, MI 48059
Blue Water Lodge (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 28 days

Move-in by March 31st and receive $500 off your first 3 months. Applies to April, May, and June rent. Ask for details when you tour.

Reviews of Blue Water Lodge

Independent Living Reviews for Blue Water Lodge

September 10, 2018

By juliekatie

Several years ago my mother and I visited the Blue Water Lodge in Fort Gratiot. She was selling her home and looking at retirement communities. We enjoyed a lovely lunch, took a tour and after our visit discussed the Lodge. Mother did not feel ready to commit to the Lodge at that time. However, this past spring she moved there. We never could have managed the transition (which I accomplished long distance from California) without the help of Susan B. and the other kind staff members at the lodge. Susan helped me figure out how to furnish the apartment, lent us furniture on a temporary basis, took pictures of the unit Mom would be renting, and even measured the distance from the unit to the elevator. A few weeks ago my husband and I had the opportunity to spend five days staying in the guest suite at the lodge and enjoying time with Mother. I was impressed with the services, activities, kindness of every staff member and the cleanliness of the facility (my laundry room should be so clean and orderly!). As we prepared to leave I gave Mom a hug and a kiss, and she said, "Thanks for getting me in here." What better assessment of the facility can there possibly be?

Your kind words truly mean a lot to us! Your feedback has been shared with the team at Blue Water Lodge. We enjoy having your mom as a resident and are glad she chose our community to be her home. We hope to see you again soon!

June 01, 2018

By CP

Blue Water Lodge is a great place to retire. I would be happy to live there. They provide everything you need. The room is very nice and quite spacious. It has a kitchenette and closets; however, you have to use your own furniture.

Hello there! We're happy you found our staff to be so supportive during your experience here at Blue Water Lodge. We are always more than happy to assist you if anything else comes up. Take care!

December 15, 2017

By Bev M.

I had a very nice visit at Blue Water Lodge. I met a number of the residents and I was pleasantly surprised by how friendly everyone was. The staff is great and the place is like being on a cruise ship. It was pretty well set up. The place is very clean, efficient, and gracious. The apartments are very nice and you don't have a feeling of apartment living since it's a little cozier than that. There are lots of little nooks where you can read, write, or do what you want.

April 25, 2017

By Mary586274

I visited Blue Water Lodge. They were very kind and polite, but it was too expensive. The apartments they showed me were very nice, very clean, and freshly painted. It had easy access plus a handicapped bathroom that were easy to go in and out. They had handicapped rails for balance in the shower and a van for doctors' appointments.

January 05, 2017

By Michael226415

Blue Water Lodge had the nicest layout and was extremely clean. The rooms were very spacious. The staff was great. It was excellent. They had three meals a day, a beauty parlor, and doctors who came in, plus had transportation to local doctors. They had different trips and different parties.

September 02, 2016

By John820517

Blue Water Lodge had some nice cottages that were separate, but they were a little expensive ($4,400 a month). The food was a little better. The only thing I didn't like was that you had to eat on a schedule, and they didn't have a kitchen in their place. They had a library and a little room in case you wanted to have a big party. The rooms were nice. They had bingo.

Hi John - thank you for visiting with us at Blue Water Lodge. The price per month includes meals, transportation, socials and other amenities and services plus the private apartment you choose. We hope you'll come back out for another visit as your narrow down your search. Thanks again! Katie

February 29, 2016

By Anne120203750

My mom was at Blue Water Lodge. She lived there about a year and a half. She was quite pleased with it. She paid the price for an apartment. It was expensive for what it was but she was able to bring all of her furniture. They had lots of things for residents to do, but they weren’t always as interested in it. At Blue Water, the staff was not like a skilled nursing staff; they’re more like waiting staff. Considering they don’t get tips when they wait on them, those people were wonderful. Blue Water was a nice place, if that’s what you’re looking for, and I thought they were great to Mom. It was a good place. I definitely would recommend it, but it was little on the expensive side.

November 30, 2015

By Laurie41

They’re doing a great job taking care of my dad at Blue Water Lodge. Everybody there is friendly. They have a lot of activities, and the management is very helpful. My dad is doing fine, and he is gaining weight. I would recommend this place to others.

October 27, 2015

At the Blue Water Lodge, we had lunch, and it was a very nice setting. My mother very much enjoyed it. I've left my options there open. They have contacted me several times and offered additional visits, even a no-cost visit where my mother could stay overnight in more motel-type setting, but she doesn’t want to do that right now. We only saw one apartment and it was fully furnished and beautiful. It was one-bedroom with a full bath, full kitchen, living room, and balcony. All of the people seemed very friendly. The woman that we had talked to introduced us to several of the residents, and everyone seemed very friendly. It seemed like the right age bracket, but my mother didn't feel that she was old enough to be there. It was very clean. If she were to go any place, this would be the one that we would choose. It seemed like they have a lot of activities for them like casino trips, musicians that came into the building, and more of those types of things.

May 06, 2015

By Ronald19

We have visited Blue Water Lodge, and we were impressed with it, but it was very expensive. They showed us a two-bedroom apartment which looked nice, and they also showed us a cottage which looked nice as well.

February 09, 2015

By Laurie30

We have my mother in Blue Water Lodge, but she passed away. Everything was nice there, and it was near to where I live. Everybody there was very understanding and very patient because my mother has dementia; she was there for about seven years. They handled her very well. The room was perfect for her. She had a living room, a sofa, and a kitchen area. They had a lot of activities, they have people come in, and they have entertainment. They have buses that take them for rides, to movies or shopping, and doctor’s appointments.

December 10, 2014

By Jim98004250

If I were going to make a choice tomorrow, Blue Water Lodge would be one of the top 3. I looked into a 1-bedroom, and it was very adequate. The staff was very nice and very knowledgeable. They did their job very well. They have buses that take the folks to the mall. They play wheelchair volleyball. They have movies and a pool. It’s a gorgeous facility, and the whole place is basically built around the dining area. Its presence is very impressive as you walk in the door.

July 25, 2013

By Stacy2

When we checked out Blue Water Lodge for my parents, we liked it and thought it would be good for them. This one also is close to my house. We got my parents a one-bedroom, one-bathroom apartment. It has a living room and a small kitchen. It is not really big, however, we are very pleased with the accommodation. We are also very pleased with the management staff. They offer a lot of activities for their residents. They do a lot of things there. They take them out and travel in a bus. They take them to and from appointments. Overall, we are very satisfied with this place for my parents.

Costs for Blue Water Lodge

Photos of Blue Water Lodge

Services and Amenities of Blue Water Lodge

• Housing Extra: Cottages, Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup, Washer Dryer Hookup (Cottages Only)

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Garage

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Blue Water Lodge

Blue Water Lodge is located in Fort Gratiot, MI, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Blue Water Lodge for a visit...and stay!

Map of Blue Water Lodge