Blue Water Lodge

Reviews of Blue Water Lodge

Independent Living Reviews for Blue Water Lodge

April 28, 2019

By DS

Blue Water Lodge was very nice and the rooms were very spacious. We just couldn't afford that over a long period of time. They have three floors, and they're a little fancier than what we presently have. I met with only one person and she was very nice. They have balconies. The meal we had was nothing to write home about, but it was very nice.

September 11, 2018

By Joy Gilbert

When I had to move I saw Blue Water Lodge and knew this was were I wanted to live. The food has been fantastic lately. I’m enjoying all of the activities and do as much as I can. I used to write a journal everyday, but I’m so busy I don’t have time anymore. The grounds are kept so beautifully, I have to say that I don’t even miss my house. The staff is there to help. All you have to do is ask once and it’s taken care of. The staff is fantastic.

September 10, 2018

By juliekatie

Several years ago my mother and I visited the Blue Water Lodge in Fort Gratiot. She was selling her home and looking at retirement communities. We enjoyed a lovely lunch, took a tour and after our visit discussed the Lodge. Mother did not feel ready to commit to the Lodge at that time. However, this past spring she moved there. We never could have managed the transition (which I accomplished long distance from California) without the help of Susan B. and the other kind staff members at the lodge. Susan helped me figure out how to furnish the apartment, lent us furniture on a temporary basis, took pictures of the unit Mom would be renting, and even measured the distance from the unit to the elevator. A few weeks ago my husband and I had the opportunity to spend five days staying in the guest suite at the lodge and enjoying time with Mother. I was impressed with the services, activities, kindness of every staff member and the cleanliness of the facility (my laundry room should be so clean and orderly!). As we prepared to leave I gave Mom a hug and a kiss, and she said, "Thanks for getting me in here." What better assessment of the facility can there possibly be?

June 01, 2018

By CP

Blue Water Lodge is a great place to retire. I would be happy to live there. They provide everything you need. The room is very nice and quite spacious. It has a kitchenette and closets; however, you have to use your own furniture.

December 15, 2017

By Bev M.

I had a very nice visit at Blue Water Lodge. I met a number of the residents and I was pleasantly surprised by how friendly everyone was. The staff is great and the place is like being on a cruise ship. It was pretty well set up. The place is very clean, efficient, and gracious. The apartments are very nice and you don't have a feeling of apartment living since it's a little cozier than that. There are lots of little nooks where you can read, write, or do what you want.

January 05, 2017

By Michael226415

Blue Water Lodge had the nicest layout and was extremely clean. The rooms were very spacious. The staff was great. It was excellent. They had three meals a day, a beauty parlor, and doctors who came in, plus had transportation to local doctors. They had different trips and different parties.

October 27, 2015

At the Blue Water Lodge, we had lunch, and it was a very nice setting. My mother very much enjoyed it. I've left my options there open. They have contacted me several times and offered additional visits, even a no-cost visit where my mother could stay overnight in more motel-type setting, but she doesn’t want to do that right now. We only saw one apartment and it was fully furnished and beautiful. It was one-bedroom with a full bath, full kitchen, living room, and balcony. All of the people seemed very friendly. The woman that we had talked to introduced us to several of the residents, and everyone seemed very friendly. It seemed like the right age bracket, but my mother didn't feel that she was old enough to be there. It was very clean. If she were to go any place, this would be the one that we would choose. It seemed like they have a lot of activities for them like casino trips, musicians that came into the building, and more of those types of things.

February 09, 2015

By Laurie30

We have my mother in Blue Water Lodge, but she passed away. Everything was nice there, and it was near to where I live. Everybody there was very understanding and very patient because my mother has dementia; she was there for about seven years. They handled her very well. The room was perfect for her. She had a living room, a sofa, and a kitchen area. They had a lot of activities, they have people come in, and they have entertainment. They have buses that take them for rides, to movies or shopping, and doctor’s appointments.

December 10, 2014

By Jim98004250

If I were going to make a choice tomorrow, Blue Water Lodge would be one of the top 3. I looked into a 1-bedroom, and it was very adequate. The staff was very nice and very knowledgeable. They did their job very well. They have buses that take the folks to the mall. They play wheelchair volleyball. They have movies and a pool. It’s a gorgeous facility, and the whole place is basically built around the dining area. Its presence is very impressive as you walk in the door.

Costs for Blue Water Lodge

Photos of Blue Water Lodge

Services and Amenities of Blue Water Lodge

• Housing Extra: Cottages, Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup, Washer Dryer Hookup (Cottages Only)

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Garage

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Blue Water Lodge

Blue Water Lodge is located in Fort Gratiot, MI, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Blue Water Lodge for a visit...and stay!

*We understand that each individual is unique and that needs may change over time. Blue Water Lodge does not provide any health care services. However, residents are welcome to receive services from any outside home health care provider of their choice to help them continue enjoying life at our community.

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 200 locations in 28 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 20,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 12,000 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a positive difference in our world.

Map of Blue Water Lodge