Brookdale Farmington Hills

Reviews of Brookdale Farmington Hills

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Farmington Hills

December 10, 2015

By Caring relative1

The staff at Brookdale Farmington Hills was nice. I don't have any complaints at all. We were able to try the food, which was healthy and very good. They were playing games and reading for a book club.

April 13, 2015

I liked it, but I am not ready to move yet. I thought it was a very nice place, and if I were ready to move I would go there and have lunch and try that out, walk through it again, and maybe spend some time talking to the people to see if they were my sort. And then, I thought it was a nice atmosphere.

March 27, 2015

Grand Court Farmington was very nice and larger than I thought it would be. It was very clean, and people were very nice to us. They go out a lot of places; they go to banks and stores. The dining area was very nice like a restaurant. It is close to where my mom lives right now; that’s why we liked it.

February 25, 2015

By Debbie102952250

Grand Court was a nice place, but because it was geared more towards people that were older and had medical problems, it wasn't for me because I don't need a lot of care right now. However, it was perfect if I needed a place for someone who needed medical care. The people were very nice and very friendly. The rooms were very nice, and I really liked the rooms. They had activities like bingo and lots of different card games.

January 21, 2015

By Philip9

I moved my mom into Grand Court Farmington Hills. It is roomy, it has a separate bedroom, a small kitchenette, and also a screened in porch in the back. I don't have a problem with the staff -- I have met them all. I met the director and his assistant, and the girls come down and take my mother to breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The food is good. They have bus trips, but my mom is not really eager to go. They got a library and movies on Sunday, bingo, and all kinds of stuff. I like the roominess of it. This is all a one-level facility with 160 rooms.

December 16, 2014

By Susan96578950

I visited Grand Court. The gentleman there was very nice. He went out of his way to help us, and he showed us everything, but we couldn't afford it. However, everything was clean. The people were helpful. We looked at a two-bedroom unit, and it wasn't roomy enough, but it was nice, freshly painted, and clean.

September 23, 2014

By Cory3

We chose Grand Court Farmington Hills because we liked it, and they took dad. The staff was very, very helpful and that helped make our decision. They offer diffferent things there; he has therapy that is right in-house, and they have the additional care that they assist with whatever he needs. His apartment is very nice. I know they have quite a few activities. I know he has done some arts and crafts. They've had people come in that sing and he has enjoyed that as well.

August 26, 2014

By Robert89984050

The thing that we liked about The Grand Court was that it was competitively ranked. Most importantly, it had much more space than other places in the area. The Grand Court has a front room, a bedroom, and a bath -- kind of like a small apartment. That was an easier transition; some of the places we looked at are just studios that were just a bit too small. So the configuration of the room was a major factor. It looked like it was in good condition and well kept. The staff was friendly, too. I wasn’t able to eat there during the visit but afterwards, one of the staff brought over some food as a courtesy to my dad’s current home so he could try it there. So that was added customer service. I think he was satisfied with it.

June 30, 2014

I like Grand Court Farmington Hills. It looks like it's cared for; it's clean and bright. The room that they showed me was nice, clean, and spacious. I like the brightness of the place. I think the staff knows what they're talking about.

February 14, 2014

By Josephine3

Grand Court was very nice, it was on one floor so it had no stairs to climb. I liked the friendliness. The rooms were of nice size and I did see one room which was very nice. The staff did a wonderful job.

January 31, 2014

Grand Court Farmington Hills is just a small facility, but it's nice and it looked clean. The rooms were small. Their staff were friendly.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Farmington Hills

October 15, 2014

Grand Court was nice outside. The staff was nice. I thought the place was secured because they had some sort of security code for you to go in and out. We tried the food, and it was very good. However, we were not able to see the room because there was no empty room available for us to look at. They could improve on having more rooms.

March 14, 2014

By Virginia niece

I visited this residence five years before my aunt was ready to move; three years later, my husband and I did a thorough spreadsheet comparing different places and Grand Court came in at #1. Six months before she moved, I did one last check and confirmed that this was the right place for my aunt, someone who needed an affordable community with support, activities, and attention. But here's what you can't rate on a spreadsheet: how good will the care be; how responsive is the staff? From my experiences there, I can say that it is superb and must be so because of personal commitment. I wasn't able to finalize phone service and a new phone was needed. It was installed within hours of receipt at the front desk, late Friday afternoon and Mark, the person who is on duty nights and weekends, had gone in to show her how to operate the answering system. At 8:45 PM on Friday! A new showerhead was needed; it, too, was installed the same afternoon that it arrived. Apparently, the person at the front desk alerted one of the maintenance people. When I asked my aunt if she needed extra help, she said, "Oh, no, not at all. I have all I need, and people here are so ready to help." This is a great relief for me, since I live in Virginia and can't be in Michigan often. Whoever does the hiring for Grand Court has done a fine job because the executive director, Mike, l, the marketing director, Kathy, and their assistant Greg are just super. The same goes for all the other staff I encountered there, from the maintenance man who manages to hang pictures perfectly in 5 minutes to Tasha, who waits on tables and is so considerate of new residents. This is a good, good place. You can't fake sincerity and you can't get commitment from people who are just watching the clock. I am happy and very relieved that my aunt's welfare is in such good, capable, and caring hands.

December 02, 2013

By June206

I liked what the Grand Court Farmington Hills offered, their location, and the price. My dad's room is nice and the staff is nice. The grounds are well-kept. It's a nice place.

November 20, 2013

By Brenda25

The accommodations at Grand Court were really awesome. They even have a screened off porch you can go to in the summertime. I didn?t stay for lunch but everything seemed to be nice. They showed me the apartment that they offered and I loved it.

October 11, 2012

By Mauzee

The facilities are clean, orderly and generally well-maintained. It's apparant that the staff do what they can to make the environment comfortable and enjoyable for every one of the residents. The residents, of course, vary in their needs in terms of care and involvement, but each time I visit, I note that those who seem to really require assistance are provided with it, and those who are able to function primarily without assistance are afforded a comfortable level of independence. The living arrangements are simple, but nice. The personal space is adequate for one person, but I cannot imagine trying to fit the lives of two adults in one of the apartments. The apartments are equipped with basic kitchens, though the dining hall serves meals regularly enough to where my grandmother rarely feels the need to cook. It seems as though residents have all that they need, and much of what they would want. I often have to coordinate my visits so as not to interfere with my grandmother's social activities around the facility, including bingo, movies, musical performances and entertainment of any variety. The facility also provides some limited transportation to and from local businesses if or when residents want to buy groceries, clothes or anything else available in a few local shopping centers. Planned trips to concerts or other entertainment events are also not uncommon, and while I'm not certain if involvement in those trips is included in the monthly rates, it seems as though my grandmother enjoys them enough to keep going. All in all, I'm happy to know that she enjoys her new living arrangements and that a moderate decrease in independence was at least mostly offset by socialization and activity, and that there was thus no appreciable decrease in her quality of life during what may be her most precious years.

June 04, 2012

By caring5311

They have the cheapest rates for what they offered out of all the facilities we've looked at. The amount of money, what we needed, it seemed to be the best value. It seemed to be a nice facility. The staff was very helpful and nice. They had a lot of activities there and they also had a rehab center on the site. They had a pleasant dining area and mom's room is spacious and bright. I know that the outside fire doors at the end of the hallways though are very hard to open for the older person, so I hope they can fix that. I am assured of leaving my mom in their care. I liked the place overall.

May 11, 2012

I've only been a week here and I'm still learning myself. I particularly like the porch. Everyone has a porch. It has a full kitchen it's more or less like a small house, and the bathroom is nice. I think that this facility is good or I would have not moved here. I'm still adjusting but the staff is nice.

November 26, 2011

By Social Worker # 1

I think Grand Court of Farmington Hills, is an excellent choice for anyone who is looking for a placement for a friend or family member. While there, I noticed that the residents were socializing and eating their dinner and the food looked excellent and the residents conveyed to me that the food also taste excellent as well. The California style looking motel looks like a great but unique vacations resort getaway. The residents resort style living looks like they are on their vacation instead of living there. It is so very unique but comfortable looking. Grand Court of Farmington Hills offer exceptional Services amenities and opportunities for their residents. They also offer their residents a Spiritual Based community as well in their facility. The facility is clean and does not smell. The surrounding suburban neighborhoods' are very beautiful and well landscaped, maintained and structured and is such a quiet and beautiful living area. The management and staff there are very nice and professional, team, task oriented in their job duties and their performances. They also offer their residents special events and group activities. It has a very contemporary style décor and it is very well coordinated to match as well. The residents like it there and I would recommend Grand Court of Farmington Hills, to anyone and everyone that is looking for placement for a friend or a family member. It is like living in a fabulous hotel in Phoenix Arizona it looks like summer all year round with its unique structure. The staff treats the residents like family and the residents there like it there. In general, I would rank this facility on a five stars rating for its expertise and excellence. I know that the residents there receive excellent care there and they are very happy there also.

Photos of Brookdale Farmington Hills

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Farmington Hills

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• General Store
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, 24 Hour Emergency Response, Staffing Around The Clock

• Home Sale Assistance

About Brookdale Farmington Hills

Brookdale Farmington Hills provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Our Optimum Life&reg and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike.Optimum Life&reg is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life&reg we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Map of Brookdale Farmington Hills