The Marquette

Reviews of The Marquette

Independent Living Reviews for The Marquette

April 14, 2019

By Mark

The Marquette is a beautiful place. I would move there. The amenities were very nice, and the rooms were beautiful. The person who took us on the tour was very kind and knowledgeable. You can tell she loved her job and was very excited to show us the facility. They had a movie room, a number of excursions planned for shopping and shows. The residents were very nice people and very happy to be there. The place was spotless.

August 10, 2018

By Leland

I have been to The Marquette a couple of times and when the time comes, this is the place where I will be staying. It's very pleasant. The food was very good. The staff was very courteous. They have a lot of room choices, and they have different sizes of one-bedroom apartments. They have all kinds of games, a small library, an aquarium, and a lot of different things.

July 26, 2018

By V.K.

My mother-in-law was a past resident of The Marquette. However, she needed 24-hour care for a month, so we paid a company to do personal care for her. She had a studio apartment. They had a library, exercise room, and an OT room.

June 06, 2017

By anonymous117183350

The Marquette has good meals, lots of things to do, lots of company around, and really friendly staff. The rooms were very nice. It is very well-maintained inside and out. It is close to where I live now, so I will still be in the same community, and the staff has invited me to several things. Like if they have special things going on, they send me an email.

September 07, 2016

By Akin778854

The Marquette's dining room looks really pleasant. It is very desirable for me. The facility is in a modern building, and the cleanliness makes a difference for me. It doesn't smell like a nursing home or a hospital, either.

December 29, 2015

The Marquette is a convenient home for my sister because she has family living nearby. She has private quarters there and isn’t sharing rooms with anybody, so she has her peace and quiet. She gets assistance with her health problems. The staff are very cooperative and work well with her. There are activities she can participate in. They try to make everything as pleasant as anybody can. They have a fine dining room, and the meals are an appropriate amount for the residents. I had a meal with her the night we arrived, and it was very satisfying. They keep servings at a minimum because the residents are older, so they don’t eat large meals. They provide three meals a day, and they have adequate food. They have choices of dishes rather than just the one meal that’s served. The staff takes orders and makes dining more leisurely. I was looking for a place closer to me that has plenty of room because my sister came from a very large house. Of all the places I visited, The Marquette has the largest rooms. She also has a nice little porch in her room where she can go outside.

October 28, 2015

The Marquette is an independent-living community. They have two separate home care providers, and we are using one of them for my mom's medical care. Everything seems to be very good. They are caring enough. The difference between them and assisted living is the home itself does not do the home care. They have separate staff. One company does have an office that they rent out in the building. The rooms have their own bathroom with a shower, a little kitchenette with sink, sink cupboard, and a refrigerator, but it does not have a stove. The food is good. They have activities like bingo nights or days. They have a game room, where they basically have some board games. They have music groups and musicians come in about once or maybe every other week. They go for walks outdoors. They have bus transportation for outings.

March 17, 2015

By Howard14

The Marquette was a very nice place. They had maybe 200 or 300 people that lived there. It was very nice and new. However, they only had one in his price range, and that was already promised. We would have wanted there if they had a room for us. We were on a promise list, and they called me and said, "We still got you on a list. We'll keep you on the list." If I had to go to a place, I would go there first.

December 28, 2014

By Francisco2

I felt The Marquette was a little bit less secured for my parents. It was more open and more of an apartment-type complex with a little bit larger living space. The resident manager -- who was relatively new -- the residents seemed to know him, and they seemed to recall him. In terms of memory care facility, I wasn't sure if it was going to be an appropriate place. The dining hall was significantly large. As for activities, they have a bus that would take residents to movies, and they have arts and crafts for residents. So it did seem to have fairly good programming. The Marquette has three levels, and each floor has terraces for the residents. Unfortunately, this facility is in an area where there is a little bit of traffic even though they are set back away from the traffic. They did have some variable size rooms. The bedrooms were a little bit larger, and there was a living room area. One feature of The Marquette which was interesting is that, because they are a national facility, residents are able to go to another community for a period of time.

July 25, 2014

By LovelyLady17

We went to The Marquette a couple of times, and what we didn't like about them was that they have live-in managers, and I didn't like the turnover. The staff doesn't have a home to go to for the 2 days they're off, so it's like they're confined to the place all the time. The rooms are 1-bedroom apartments, so they're bigger. I like the Marquette for independent-living. One big plus is they have 3 meals a day, and they have wonderful food there. They have the best food of anywhere I've been.

June 29, 2014

The Marquette was nice. It was an older building, but it was well kept. I had several lunches there. They had a bar you could come to at 4:00 o'clock for happy hour, and you don't have to drink. You could have coffee if you didn't want whatever else. They celebrated different days and holidays. They had little parties and all that stuff, which was fun. I met some of the people who worked there, and most of them were pleasant. It was OK. It was not cold, and they were not trying to ignore you, they were just busy with their day-to-day jobs, I guess.

June 28, 2014

By Dee14

My mother is in The Marquette, and she is the only minority there. She's made plenty of friends. They have a really nice personal assistant who manages her meds and checks on her. It is really a lovely place. The staff is very warm and helpful. Her apartment is very nice, spacious, and comfortable, and it has a microwave and a refrigerator. The food is very tasty, and they have a chef on the premises. They are served breakfast, luncheon and dinner. They have choir, bingo, card games, and they go shopping twice a week.

January 31, 2014

By Lisa76685150

The Marquette looked like it would be a good place for my mom. The facility is clean and the rooms were modern and well design. It's efficient. It has a living room, a bedroom, and nice bathroom. The staff are very friendly. I didn’t try the food, but it looked really good. The menu looked like it was very diverse. They have lots of activities for their clients and transportation to different events. They also had specialty services such as they allowed dogs there and they would have to have walkers. They also have services for medication refills. I would recommend them.

Costs for The Marquette

Photos of The Marquette

Services and Amenities of The Marquette

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Garage

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About The Marquette

The Marquette is a senior living community in East Lansing, MI. The Marquette offers a warm, comfortable environment and friendly staff to make life easier for every resident. It offers housekeeping, linen services, and fun and stimulating activities. The Marquette is the perfect place for seniors who are looking for a vibrant setting with caring staff to make their new home.

Map of The Marquette