Henry Ford Village

Reviews of Henry Ford Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Henry Ford Village

December 29, 2013

By Virginia12

Dad is going to move to Henry Ford Village. The staff there are very professional and very easy to work with. Of all the places he visited, he felt that one was the most like home. He will have a two bedroom with a patio overlooking the courtyard on the inside. We had one lunch meal and what we had was very good. We haven’t moved in yet, but so far everything is very, very good.

August 28, 2013

By Dawn5322

READ your contract VERY carefully, what they tell you it says, is not what you are signing. If you move out it will COST...BIG BUCKS for what they call move out cost. I would not advise this location

Dawn, Thank you for sharing your feedback. Our contracts are similar to other CCRCs, and we do agree that it’s important to anyone seeking senior living housing to read and fully understand contracts and/or ask questions to management, no matter where you choose to live. We would be happy to address your specific questions or concerns offline. Please call me at your convenience at (313)-584-1000 to discuss further.

Bruce Blalock, Executive Director for Henry Ford Village

Nursing Home Reviews for Henry Ford Village

February 03, 2012

By gdcookie

It was a nice facility in a great neighborhood. It resides in a historic city. It was a nice place inside. The residents seemed happy and satisfied. The faculty also seemed very nice and pleasant. A group of people that loves what they do and to take care of other people.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Henry Ford Village

September 20, 2017

By Joe Johnson

My overall stay here at Henry ford village was excellent. I would highly recommended this facility to others for rehabilitation.

September 05, 2017

By jim48228

Do not send your loved one's here. The rehabilitation is good, bedside manner of the nursing staff is horrible.

August 22, 2017

By dadfad

My wife was transferred to this facility from her previous rehab facility in New Orleans because the former place was over a thousand miles from our home near Detroit. At her previous facility she received six hours a day of intensive rehab, two hours per day in three critical areas: motor-skills, language and comprehension and occupational therapy. At this facility she receives approximately one hour a day of mixed-therapy several times a week. The doctor assigned to her case here has not yet even seen her in person, nor has he requested her records and the recommendations from her previous facility. We're trying to transfer her out of this one into another, but they're very slow here about processing the necessary paperwork for the transfer. Most of the nursing staff and aides are fine, however some are not and my wife keeps her personal belongings locked up. All things considered, I would suggest you look elsewhere

March 20, 2017

By E. Lewis

I brought a family member for rehab. She didn't get all of her medicine. She sat for three days with weeping legs before they rewrapped them. She sat in the same clothes for four days - each day they told me she would get a shower - 5 days later no shower. Some of her clothes were missing. It was an awful experience. I spoke with the doctor, the nurse manager and another administrator and got no help. I pulled her out and now she is at a wonderful, caring place. Stay away from Henry Ford Village rehab.

March 08, 2017

By 12mb

My aunt went to this facility for rehab. She had a fractured shoulder and other health issues. She was not given all her medication and ended up with fluid on her lungs. She ended up back in the hospital after four days with them. They refused to take her back because she is not able to get up on her own. She would take a lot of extra work and time to make her better. I thought therapy was to help people get back on their feet. They gave her heavy medication that put her to sleep. The therapist started to threaten my eighty year old uncle that if she is not going to get up she will be kicked out. They did not understand that the pain medication was making her weak. They do not have enough help. My aunt tried with the therapists unfortunately they are not very strong. They do not know how to take care of people who are not able to walk on their own. They do not review medical records to keep people safe. After writing a letter to the doctors explaining my aunts health and medication concerns I got no response. I was told they have one doctor for the entire facility. We picked this place because my eighty year old uncle cannot drive and anyone could drop him off to visit his wife.

October 02, 2016

By FrustraatedFamilyMember

I have a family member currently rehabbing at HFV. The care of the daytime and evening nurses is poor. The previous remarks of it taking a very long time for call lights to be answered is 100% true. I have experienced it myself. The card my family member is given in terms of basic needs like hygiene and assistance is awful. I have had to wash and dress my family member myself for lack of HFV doing so, Meals are late and I have heard other residence complain how awful the nursing staff is. This place has changed and not for the better. There is a culture of not caring that is present. I would not recommend HFV Rehab to anyone with a family member who needs more than just rehab care because HFV does not care.

August 12, 2016

By Caring_2645334

My Mother went to the rehab facility after a knee replacement. It was recommended by her physician because she lives alone. This is a poorly run, dirty facility. No one responds when you push the call button. Dr ordered Tylenol to be dispensed as needed. She waited at least an hour after requesting for pain. Floors are sticky. Staff is unhelpful. I had to corner a doctor and voice concerns as my mom had been there 4 days with no therapy. I would not recommend this facility.

July 25, 2016

By Sean263578

My dad is in Henry Ford Village. It's one of the best as far as the quality. It's pretty expensive but it's very, very nice. Their work so far has been great. Everything has been perfect without any problems at all. Their food is excellent. They have different one- or two-bedrooms. The one-bedroom has an open kitchen, one large living room, and a walk-in closet and bedroom. They have cards, chess clubs, singing clubs, and musical groups.

May 10, 2016

By HarveyYYJTS

Henry Ford Village was very nice and had a lot of activities going on. The facility was tremendous. The staff took time out to talk to me, toured me around, and were very nice. They told me their experiences of residents and how the residents respond to them. The rooms were laid out very nicely, but I would have to buy new furniture. The activities were very interesting. Every Friday or Saturday night, there's a group that goes to a jazz bar here in Detroit.

January 31, 2016

By A Caring Relative2

I’ve looked at six places and Henry Ford Village is the best of all of them. Everything is excellent. The residents all appeared happy as I walked through. There are three separate dining rooms.

December 29, 2015

By Marilyn115529050

Henry Ford Village was one of the top places I’ve toured in terms of amenities and dining. They have a bank on the premises, a beauty parlor, a store, and a recording studio. They have an underground hallway to get you from one building to another. I ate there on two different occasions and the food was excellent. They have three different dining rooms and a regulation-size swimming pool. The staff couldn’t have been more excellent in their treatment of the residents. The residents at the independent living facility are the ones making the decisions about what activities they want to do. I checked out two different kinds of rooms that were very well designed. The staff was very open with me and gave me the costs of joining their community and a continuum care contract.

September 04, 2015

By screener

This is the worst rehab facility I have ever been in. It is dirty, the nurses and staff are unkempt and untrained, or if they are trained, they ignore their training. My poor father suffered a stroke and was placed here to get well. He only got worse. He would literally wait for hours when signaling with his light that he needed help. Often, he needed to use the restroom and ended up having an accident simply because the nurses refused to respond. The floors are filthy. When you walk through the activity room or dining room, your shoes stick to the floor. Even the outside of the rehab building is a mess. Bird droppings are everywhere, especially near the benches where residents and visitors sit. Yard debris is left unswept, flowers are not watered. I don't know how they stay licensed, let alone in business. DO NOT place your loved one here. You will regret it.

March 20, 2015

By cdw

parent was in rehab in decenber. the nursing staff need reminding of senior care.some had non professinal atitudes. with the exception of malcom who was helpful and kind.

February 24, 2015

Henry Ford Village Inc. was very fancy, and you grow into it; you buy a place, and as you get older and have needs, they have various programs that you can get various types of help. You can move in there and be absolutely just retired, but you can buy other services as you need them. It was very expensive and very lovely. It was a bedroom, living room, very small kitchen, and a bathroom, and it was very well appointed. They have lovely furniture, and they have room too. If you want to bring some of your lovely things, you can bring them. It was very lovely, and I have nothing negative to say about it. They have thousands of activities if you want to do them. You can take one, two, or three meals a day in another building. It was all very genteel.

October 26, 2014

By Asaltahif

Hello, my mother stayed here after suffering a stroke for rehab. This place is horrible. The night care and a lot of the nurses in the rehab building really need to get training in care of patients. These are older fragile people(mothers,fathers,grandparents) not prisoners. Nurses have heavy attitudes when asked something. The bed side care is horrible. Very very inexperienced for the regards of patient care. Very disappointed with this place.

August 20, 2014

By Tim21

Henry Ford is close to our house. My grandmother is in a shared room, but it's clean. The attitude of the staff seemed to be okay. The dining area is okay. My grandmother seemed happy there.

July 19, 2014

By LovelyLady0000004

We placed my mother in Henry Ford Village. We chose this community because she has some friends there. The best thing about the community is the proximity to my mother's own neighborhood and the people that she was close to in the area. With regards to the staff and the services, it depends on the person; some are very good, and some are just OK. The rooms are nice and clean. The food in the independent living area is better than the food in the assisted living area.

March 28, 2014

By Karen74322450

My grandmother lives in Henry Ford. She has been there for 20 years now. They have all three levels of care ? senior living, assisted living, and skilled care. It is all self-contained, so without going outside, she could be in the doctor's office and then assisted living and then the nursing home. She never has to leave the compound. This place is safe. It is also pleasant, attractive, and clean. They have beautiful grounds. The facility's sanitation is very nice. My grandmother is in a senior living apartment, and someone comes in and cleans her place every month. If I call, they will go and check on her, and that's very nice. They have plenty of activities; however, she doesn't want to participate. Also, the food there is excellent.

January 21, 2014

By blenhardt

Other

Beware of problems getting your deposit back, my mother has been waiting 3 years.

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We would be happy to discuss your concerns offline. Please call me at your convenience at (313)-584-1000 to discuss further.

Bruce Blalock, Executive Director for Henry Ford Village

December 30, 2013

Henry Ford Village was excellent. The staff was competent and courteous. My friend who resides there is very satisfied. They have about three or four restaurants and the food is excellent. They have everything there.

March 20, 2012

By Mary Suzanne

Many activities are available, along with friendly residents and staff. On-site clinic, bank, chapel, store and pool.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (22) See fewer reviews

About Henry Ford Village

Henry Ford Village is a senior living provider in Dearborn, Michigan that offers residents Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, Nursing Homes, and Continuing Care Communities. Contact Henry Ford Village for more details on services and rates.

Map of Henry Ford Village