Brookdale Davison

Reviews of Brookdale Davison

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Davison

June 25, 2014

By Helga2604

Before suggesting the Sterling House to my sister-in-law, different members of our family toured the Sterling House. All were impressed with the facility and the friendliness of the efficient staff members who are easy to work with. It's only been two weeks since her move-in but everything seems as expected. In addition to several healthy snacks each day, there are 3 tasty home-cooked meals, each with several choices, served in a pleasant dining room. Her suite consists of a spacious bathroom, equipped for the handicapped, and a room with a good-size closet, built-in book shelf and a sink with some cupboards, a microwave, and apartment size refrigerator. Activities are available, whatever the residents are interested in - playing cards, crafts, outings. My sister-in-law attends the daily fitness session whenever she feels up to it and she is also receiving on-site physical and occupational therapy.

December 27, 2013

By Betty39

A friend of mine lives in Sterling House. They didn't have apartments. They had bedrooms, which were smaller. They had a beautiful living room. I went there for thanksgiving dinner and I had a nice dinner. They had a nice dining room. Everybody seemed friendly. My friend liked it there very much. However, it was very expensive.

September 23, 2013

Sterling House seemed very nice. However, the rooms were smaller and not very homey. They just had a microwave, a little refrigerator and a bath. I couch would also fit in there. They were only assisted living. The ratio of nurses to the residents seemed a little low. I believed they said they had thirteen staff member and thirty five residents, which I guess was a fair enough ratio. However, four of the positions were the director, assistant director and the persons in charge of sale. So, I was just a little concerned that the short in staff needed to be taken care of. I would recommend it if they were only looking for assisted living.

June 22, 2012

By kshamrock20

One of my good friends lives in Sterling House of Davison. I've been there on more than a few occasions. My friend, Dewayne, is 64 years old, but he is in pretty good physical condition. He is simply getting to the age where he can't tend a house on his own. I've noticed there are quite a few residents who don't seem to need major assistance, but seem to have injuries or some limitations. I don't see residents who need total assistance. This place is very clean. It's in a town that is small and you won't get the big city feel of traffic or smog or noise. Dewayne enjoys the company of fellow residents and there is a schedule of events each week that allows residents to participate in games or social events together. The staff does a nice job of encouraging the residents to take an active part in the events and social activities. I recommend this place. It is very peaceful.

November 18, 2011

By Judy Garland

Me and my great grandmother lived in Grand Blanc and visited Sterling House of Davison, and several other nearby facilities, and we decided this one was more suitable for her. The staff are very kind and take pride in what they do. We spoke with a few of the residents there and they were already excited to welcome my great grandmother, I was thrilled, and trusted this facility already. As soon as you walk into the rooms and amenities, you will get a warm homey feeling, my great grandma wanted to signup on the first day of visiting! A few weeks later after she became a resident, I visited for the 3rd time and she was very happy here, she was also quite popular. She enjoys sitting in the library and reading a book with a few friends. I recommend Sterling House of Davison if you are a nearby resident. Great location, great services, and happy residents.

July 01, 2011

By GeraldineA

Me and my father lived together in Davison for several years. After I got a job and my own place, I had to move out and start a life of my own. My dad didn't want to live with my fiancé. After checking out their website, I decided to inform my father about this facility. So he decided on his own to become a resident of Sterling House of Davison. So far, he loves it, and is very satisfied with his decision. I've spent a few days here with him until he became comfortable. The caregivers are skilled, the housekeeping is good, and the living space has a very comfortable environment.

June 12, 2011

By IsacBeast

Resident

I became a resident of this facility 4 years ago, and I must say, I'm impressed. The people are kind, caring, and will do anything to help me feel comfortable. I don't think there is another place I'd rather live. I am 62 years old, and I plan to live here the rest of my life. They have good homecare, excellent staff, and amazing living space. I've already told my friends to come on by and live here, too. I would say my favorite feature at this place is the comfortable and beautiful surroundings, combined with exceptional amenities. They also have great programs, too.

June 01, 2011

By sunshine121

Visited this facility

I had never been to an assisted living facility in the past, but I (who am only 25) fell on some hard times and stayed with a friend from church who lived at Sterling House of Davison. I didn't know what to expect from any living facility, but I have to say, I'd have no problem living at this one when I come of age. The staff are incredibly friendly, but they maintain a sense that you still have your independence. The actual rooms are great too, it's like living in a nice hotel. Highly recommended.

Questions about Brookdale Davison

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Davison. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

50-50 male residents-female average age 82, Enjoy crafting for local charities, shopping and outdoor trips, exercise, WII games

What programs or activities does Brookdale Davison offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Physical, Emotional, purposeful, spiritual, social, intellectual Sunday through Saturday

What places are near Brookdale Davison or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Downtown old Davison, 2 churches, High School sporting events, 6 local restaurants and shopping

What transportation services does Brookdale Davison offer to assisted living residents?

Communitt bus with lift for wheelchairs. Used for group activity, not individual outings. Trips to Bronner's, Tanger outlet etc

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Davison exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Chef Nathan has been cooking his whole life, honed his abilities as a chef in the Marines, worked at the Bavarian Inn in Frankenmuth before joining Brookdale and then transferring to our community. All of our recipes are heart healthy, low to no sodium, senior minded meals created by trained Dieticians. Our residents meet with Chef Nathan once a week on Wednesday to talk about what worked and what didn’t work and what they want on next week’s menu. The menu they can expect is the exact menu they ask for and Chef Nathan makes real.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Davison offer to assisted living residents?

Call station in the bedroom and bathroom and a call pendent the resident can wear around their neck. 24/7 staffing with 2 hour eyes on checks. Monthly wellness checks and coordination with their attending doctor. Scheduled assessments every 6 months and more if necessary. Motion sensor lights in the hallways, railings in the hallways and hallways that are wide enough for to two to pass. Motion sensor lights, walk in showers with safety bars, safety bars around the commode in the new style apartments. Step in showers, safety bars in the showers, safety bars around the commode in the original style apartments. Single floor, no steps, rectangle layout of community with all apartments on the outside with names and numbers for each apartment, ADA barrier free community.

How does Brookdale Davison keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Monthly check in call, immediate contact if an incident occurs.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Davison during daytime and nighttime hours?

Staffing is based on acuity with a minimum of 2 associates at night, 3 during the day. As the needs of the residents increases, the staffing increases proportionately

If Brookdale Davison accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Animals are welcome at the community. We have a fenced in back patio and pet care can be built in to the care of the resident

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

We have a monthly topic required by Brookdale as well as training topics based on need of the community. Each associate must complete to remain on the schedule

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Davison provide to protect residents who wander?

Our community is not a secure Memory Care community but we partner with our community in Grand Blanc. If an individual develops a need for Secure Memory Care we work with the family to transfer the resident to the safest community reflective of their needs.

Photos of Brookdale Davison

• Tai Chi

• Staff Patient Ratio: Within State Guidelines

• Licenses: AFC License

About Brookdale Davison

Brookdale Davison provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Davison