Clinton-aire Healthcare Center

Reviews of Clinton-aire Healthcare Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Clinton-aire Healthcare Center

July 17, 2017

By Sharronfamily

I went to Clinton-Aire for iv therapy and i say that the staff here is very friendly, caring and just overall great. i was in a private room that was quiet and clean. Therapy really helped me get back on my feet and get home. Food is okay too. I enjoyed going on outings with activities to bingo and lunch. they have good customer serivice and is a clean place. thank you clinton-aire for caring for me

June 21, 2017

By bpatt107

I would like to take a few minutes to share my experience with Clinton-Aire Heathcare center. I would like to thank all of the staff from Admin- nursing -nursing aids-pt/ot-and the rest of the entire staff.from the bottom of my heart thank you.. 1 and all for making a very unsetteling time reassuring and easier to deal with. my brother was admitted after a near fetal medical experience to the the center for Rehab. All of these folks made the time with them comforting and easy to deal with.. their professionalism and compassion taught us good things can happen,I went home every evening after visiting hours and slept good at night knowing my brother couldn't have been in better hands, then the wonderful pros at Clinton-Aire. again thank you all very much and I wish each and every one of you well. Scott P

March 27, 2017

By converse89

ANY PLACE IS BETTER!!! This place is so very neglectful. The hospital has (against our wishes) sent her here. The first HUGE health concern was she was in good health but they didn't see urgency in sending her to the hospital when her oxygen was 82. The only reason she went was because I demanded she go and didn't leave until she did. She was on a vent not even half hour of getting to the hospital and stayed in the ICU for a few weeks. She now has multiple lung issues. Now after multiple complaints of a rash they made her wait for their once a week wound care Doctor. She now has shingles.

March 03, 2017

By Sharronfamily

My husband was at Clinton Aire and I must say they are amazing. I was sceptical at first after seeing the reviews but decided to go in for a tour just to check it out. The are an older facility but you can feel the loving, welcoming atmosphere as soon as you walk in. To me it is not about the fancy chandelier it's about the overall care. The staff there is very friendly, knowledgeable and willing to help! My husband was there for short term and therapy and within 6 weeks had him up on his feet and able to come home to me! I am a bit surprised to see all the negative comments but after thinking about it if you go to a restaurant and dont like the food you complain but if you are happy you don't usually say anything. This facility management team has open doors, you see them on the floor helping the staff and not behind a desk. So if you are sceptical like I was in suggest you go tour. It smells good, clean, food is okay, and its therapy is amazing! if I had to give one complaint it's that sometimes at night the phone rings for a bit.

October 20, 2016

By notlocal

Other

Recently admitted was a member of the family, he was sent to Clinton-Aire from a hospital stay. I reside out of state and could not communicate with him for two days due to telephone issues. He later was issued a phone and we could successfully communicate first thing in the morning. However, after regular business hours, there is no receptionist to answer incoming calls and staff already assigned to patients tend to the patients thus no one is available to answer incoming calls so after 5ppm you encounter ring no answer in some cases 22 rings other evenings you never do get through. I find that appalling. When contacting someone to put in a complaint I was advised to purchase a cell phone for the patient to alleviate the problem. I am not sure that my cousin would know how to keep up with a cell phone nor would he understand how it works. I also feel that the facility should provide 24hr phone access for callers. Not being able to communicate with your family knowing they are in a strange environment with a lot of business happening daily is a poor example of a caring organization. Seems to me that everyone would want to keep the patients in touch with family even. if it meant hiring a receptionist to answer incoming calls after hours. A ismple solution to a serious problem.

June 15, 2016

By Pjoneslogan

Apparently since this place is changing hands service has been terrible. My mother-in-law has been there for more than a month and can't seem to get much help, especially within the past two weeks. Employees seem to not care so much since their future is unknown. No excuse!

February 22, 2016

By Diane Prenger

Medicare rates this facility 5 stars - not even close!! This review is based on mother' stay from 2/10/16 - 2/17/16. The facility is old but relatively clean. Their patient care and RN staff are subpar. My mother's health deteriorated significantly in the week she was there. The PCAs were transferring her improperly by grabbing her pants instead of using a belt which is dangerous and can cause skin issues. She fell out of a wheelchair face forward because she wasn't being watched properly. She wasn't provided her morning meds until 3:30 in the afternoon one day because the nurse wasn't sure if she was still a patient because she was out of her room. The RNs tried giving her an aspirin (blood thinner) but wasn't allowed anti-coagulants since she had a brain hemorrhage two weeks prior. Lucky I was there to have my mother spit it out or that could have been terrible. Pros: physical therapy and restorative meal program for patients needing assistance. In summary: if you or your loved one can be their own advocate, this place is okay; however, if your loved one requires significant assistance, I would recommend looking elsewhere.

September 26, 2015

By Dontbringyourfamilyhere

Clinton aire is an absolutely terrible place to bring a family member whenever I go there to visit my dad there are always patients asking for help in there wheel chairs and the nurses ignore them they stand around and talk and they always serve food and medication later than there supposed to my dad is paralysed on the right side of his body and the nurses always put the emergency call button farther than he can reach so he doesn't complain my dad is not getting any better he's getting worse and whenever I leave him money it's gone the next time I'm there

January 31, 2015

By grams girl

My grandma there now and the staff seemed to not understand what she was saying. She is diabetic and needed something to bring her sugar back up and the employee asked if she wanted the heat off. The reasoning behind that question was she was sweating and they said it was from the water pill she is on and not from her sugar crashing.

January 26, 2015

By ddd3d

My sister was admitted after a 4-day hospital stay. It was recommended by her doctor to get a bit more stabilized from an electrolyte imbalance caused by side effects from her many medications. The facility is old and not well maintained but this is standard for the income level of the patients that stay there. My sister's doctor recommended one week at most yet after that one week, the admin staff was very pushy and aggressive to have her stay another 4-6 weeks. After 4-5 days she was doing very well and the only good thing she got out of the stay was the physical therapy to help her use her walker better and strengthen her legs. It became clear to her and to myself that the admin staff (not medical) were trumping up excuses to have her stay longer and max out her 100 day medicare coverage. She ended up leaving w/o medical approval after almost two weeks. I had personally called the nurse who was very hard to talk to to discuss her progress. She wouldn't let me finish a sentence and was very aggressive. I told the nurse she was admitted only to remove for an electrolyte imbalance and she said "that's not true, it makes no sense." The staff was very belligerent and unprofessional. They were quite forceful in trying to prevent her from leaving and yelled "don't ever come back here again." They refused to give her prescriptions for her medications, and said they wouldn't release her records to her. Incredibly bad experience all around.

September 30, 2014

By DLGY

I wouldn't recommend this facility to anyone! Awful....clothes and belonging always missing. Employees don't seem to care about the patients.

September 30, 2014

By srd2564

My grandmother was in this facility for just under a year. She is 95 and has dementia. They tried to send her to other facilities 4 times. This last time she went into the hospital and they sent her to a psych hospital with advising the family members. The then proceeded to dismiss her from the facilities. Packed up all her belongings and advised the family to come get them. When the belongings were picked up all that was there was a dresser, one pair of pant, one shirt and one shoe. All of her belongings are missing.

August 28, 2013

By Caring from Michigan

My sister was in Clinton-aire for six weeks. This was a nice nursing home. She had a nice big room with chest drawer and dresser. She had another person in her room but it was a big enough for the two of them. They did have activities there. They have a recreational room where they show movies. My sister would go and watch movie down there. The nursing home was nice but as far as I'm concerned, the therapy was not. She had only 30 minutes a day of therapy. My sister was walking when she started rehab, but when she got in there, they wouldn't let her walk.

July 30, 2013

By Audrey W.

My husband has just came back from Clinton-Aire Healthcare Center. It was an old nursing home. His room there was okay. There was only one time that I went there and the place was a mess and I said it at a meeting and after that it was really okay. The food was quality. The care was okay because they did get him much stronger.

About Clinton-aire Healthcare Center

Clinton-aire Healthcare Center is a senior living provider in Clinton Township, Michigan that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Clinton-aire Healthcare Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Clinton-aire Healthcare Center