Clarkston Specialty Healthcare Center

Reviews of Clarkston Specialty Healthcare Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Clarkston Specialty Healthcare Center

November 18, 2017

By do not trust them

It's been 2 years ago today that my father passed away in this facility and I can't forget the night before he died. I called at approximately 5:00pm on a Wednesday and the day nurse was leaving her shift. My father was in a small section for acute care but there was NO URGENCY for care and my father was left unattended. I talked to this nurse for a short moment and she said that she thinks my father has an infection but she was leaving for the night. He was on a ventilator and a feeding tube. I called back again at 6:00 and talked to the night nurse JAMES and he made the comment that my father was JUST FINE. I asked him to please go check on my father and I expressed my concern and told him what the other nurse told me about an infection. I asked for the head administrator but everyone left for the day. He said he was TOO busy doing paperwork to check on him. I hung up trying to believe my father was JUST FINE as he said. I called back again, and again that evening, but nobody would pick up the phone!!! I tried not to panic but I was frantic. I live out of state and had been flying into Michigan every 7-10 days for my father. At this time I was out of state. I contacted a family member in Michigan and we decided to wait till the morning. Our plan was to get him out of the facility right away and into the hospital because we were very concerned about the negligent care at this facility. WE never saw an ATTENDING PHYSICIAN at Clarkston Specialty Healthcare. The administrator told me that we could not just take him out (AMA) AGAINST MEDICAL ADVISEMENT. I was flying into Michigan on Friday to get our own ambulance to bring him to the hospital. The next morning we received a call that my father passed away.

March 06, 2017

By stoney623

Please please do not send your loved ones to this home. They say that there is always 2-3 aides on each Hall but that is furthest from the truth. If your lucky, on a great day there is two. Midnights you are lucky to find one. Food is almost never on time. Residents get baths if there is enough staff otherwise they go a week. Smell of the halls is horrific. I could go on and on but I hope you get the idea.

January 01, 2017

By Robert427472

My loved one was in Clarkston. The facility was OK, but the room she was in was poor and small. The food and the general care was poor. We were very unhappy with it. I wouldn't recommend it.

April 27, 2014

By Angel of life

PLease look into other facilities.. A family member was sent here and was neglected and by the looks of other patients so were they. Only 2 aids to assist patients and were not at all capable of doing so, food was cold and not at all acceptable for human consumption. Nurses were more concerned about telling coworkers about weekend and family issues rather than needs of the patients. Patients in wheelchairs left in hallways unattended, when concerned and wanted to speak to administration Bill was no help and also Becky ahead of nursing was absolutely no help ready to argue and not taking any concerns into heart! I would not even give this place a second thought they are there not to help. My question to them is when they are in need would they feel comfortable receiving care with the staff that they have in there now?! I would not nor should anyone else especially in the final days of life!

December 20, 2011

By Towrds4ya

I would look into other facilities. My mom initially had some confusion and wasnt sure about what was going on. After hospice got on board and started caring for things, her care improved but the nurses are really rude and the aids are slow to respond. My mom waits half the day to get changed and we had to force them to shower her. The social worker there is nice but nice doesnt mean squat if your staff is neglecting my mom. Food is disgusting and money has come up missing and the staff is always borrowing her Wheelchair and Sling to get her out of bed, when she needs it, its a big ordeal to locate them again. They wanted to move her to a more attentive room but that room had no TV. ??? are they serious?

June 09, 2011

By AnonymousDD

Friend or relative of resident

In 2007 after being in home caregivers for 5 years we decided it was time for professional healthcare services for our mother who had Alzheimers. Our initial assessment of this facility was a positive one after speaking with the Admissions Coordinator and taking a tour. However, in time we came to learn that there appeared to be a lack of professionalism with some of the nursing staff in meeting patient needs. We were appalled when we found Mom at dinner time with her glasses in her food as she was starring out the window. The food had gone cold, and judging by the look of how the food had hardened on her glasses it was clear that no one looked in on her for quite some time. When she needed assistance to walk to the rest room it would be up to a half hour before someone came her room, and it was often too late. This delay in assistance was also confirmed by Mom's roommate.

Services and Amenities of Clarkston Specialty Healthcare Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 07/01/2019

About Clarkston Specialty Healthcare Center

Clarkston Specialty Healthcare Center is a senior living provider in Clarkston, Michigan that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Clarkston Specialty Healthcare Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Clarkston Specialty Healthcare Center