The Village of East Harbor Senior Living Community

Reviews of The Village of East Harbor Senior Living Community

Assisted Living Reviews for The Village of East Harbor Senior Living Community

January 14, 2012

By LauraKay

I can't believe there haven't been reviews of East Harbor yet! It is a wonderful facility. If there's something specific you're looking for in a facility, chances are excellent that you'll find it here. Lodging ranges from independent cottages to assisted living to memory care to nursing care. They received a five-star rating from the state agency and that excellence shows in every aspect. The dining room is beautiful, staff optimistic, friendly, and outgoing, activities varied and stimulating, and the grounds safe. large, and inviting. My only concern (and it is the one that may keep us from bringing Mom here) is the expense. Mom has early-severe stage Alzheimer's and her initial cost to move in would be approximately $5,000 per month. The maximum here is about $6,400. There are, of course, Medicaid beds available if your loved one needs that that level of care, but they are few and typically filled by established residents. Since Mom has no VA, LTCI, or pressing health concerns, we might be looking at years of care and would only be able to afford a short while right now when she needs less care than she will in the near future. If your relative needs a senior living facility and you can afford the cost for excellence, East Harbor is the place to be!

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for The Village of East Harbor Senior Living Community

October 10, 2016

By Alund

My grandmother was a resident of East Harbor for many years. She utilized all areas of the facility as she progressed and aged, from independent living through to nursing care before she passed. The facility and its employees are top notch in all aspects of senior living and care. Because of their care, she was able to live her remaining years with dignity and respect. Our family has nothing but respect for the organization and the care she received.

May 10, 2016

By JDGAUY

Village of East Harbor was very nice and had friendly staff. The menu looked good, and the dining area was quite nice. It was very personable, and they try to dress it up for different seasons. It was all open, light, airy, and nice.

November 30, 2015

By Alice117282150

At East Harbor, they have a large, wonderful nursing staff. It is very good. My dad has been there for a month and a half now. They treat my dad wonderfully and are very caring. There may be one nurse to every four people.

October 29, 2013

By Cindi3

My mother is at The Village of East Harbor. It's a beautiful facility. It is clean and there is no "nursing home" smell to it. They have a beautiful atrium where residents are free to come and go as they please, indoors or outdoors. It is completely contained. They have a gazebo and a couple of seating areas. They have an aviary with little finches, which the residents seem to enjoy thoroughly. They have a fish tank. They have a resident kitty cat. They have a lot of things for the residents to do. The employees there are all very friendly and seem very proficient at what they do. I've watched them interacting with a lot of different residents there and they seem to do an excellent job. I've also tried tasting their food and it was very good. Their dining area is clean, open and it gives the residents their individual spaces; that was something that is very important to my mom. They have enough room that residents aren't on top of one another. Also they seem to cater to any special requests in the food department. This facility has just exceeded my expectations. My mom is doing good right now there and she seems to be fitting right in.

September 25, 2013

By Linda70708150

The Village of East Harbor was a big and a very nice place, though it was kind of expensive. They had one-room units each with a bathroom and a kitchenette but they were not very spacious. However, I liked that they had the rooms all in one level. They had a big walk out porch where you could sit outside. It had a nice atmosphere. I was not able to eat there, but the food looked very nice. They had very nice recreational rooms one was an exercise room. They went on trips. They had a bus service. They had entertainers come in. They had little stores. I would recommend them to others.

June 28, 2012

By Karen M1

Finding a place for your parents to live is hard emotionally draining and exausting. East Harbour took the time to notice my concerns and adress them. Having my parents at East harbour, has lifted my burden considerable. They are happy. The people that work there are caring and go the extra mile for each resident.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (10) See fewer reviews

Photos of The Village of East Harbor Senior Living Community

Services and Amenities of The Village of East Harbor Senior Living Community

About The Village of East Harbor Senior Living Community

“A caring atmosphere” is just one of the many accolades you’ll hear from the residents of The Village of East Harbor. If you’re looking for a safe and secure residence for yourself or a loved one that offers a variety of activities provided by an attentive, caring staff, come visit The Village of East Harbor in Macomb County.

As a “life plan community,” we offer residences and services to meet our residents’ needs as they change and expand. We feature a variety of independent living apartments and cottages, as well as the full range of care options including enhanced living, assisted living, memory care and respite services.

We’re growing and improving! Our campus is in the midst of a renovation to create a new bistro and lounge, renovate our dining room, remodel our main building and activity area, as well as create a new, larger rehab gym and occupational therapy facility.

Our amenities include chef-prepared meals; transportation to local stores and doctor appointments; entertainment outings; and access to a library/computer room and a fitness center. We are especially proud of our beautiful, non-denominational chapel.

Come visit The Village of East Harbor and see why our residents describe us as “a very close family.”

Map of The Village of East Harbor Senior Living Community