Woodland Village Brighton, MI

Reviews of Woodland Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Woodland Village

August 13, 2015

By Karen111735650

I chose the Sanctuary because it is a licensed facility and had both independent living and assisted living. They are very neat and clean. I haven't tried their food, but my mother has, and she is very pleased. She has a continental breakfast and then one meal during the day. Lots of activities -- shopping, partying, crafts, Bingo, trip services. The staff members are very friendly and very helpful.

July 20, 2015

By Barbara110757350

Service has been excellent at Sanctuary at Woodland. They provide me with a warm greeting everyday. They give me the assistance I need. The staff in the dining room are very accommodating, and the food is good. They mostly have single apartments, and there are some two bedrooms that have kitchens and showers. They have a staff that takes care of the cleaning, and I'm kind of spoiled that way. We have bingo at least once or twice a week, movies, and different groups come in to either sing or dance. We had a gentleman who owns quite a few animals and reptiles who came in with 10 of them and did a special show, and it was fun.

March 30, 2015

By Carol104017050

We chose Sanctuary at Woodland for our relative. It is an older place, but well kept. The grounds are fantastic. The people are nice. It used to be a golf course, so there is water, and there are benches, so that's a big attraction. The person who does sales was a darling and helpful. It's a no pressure place. They are realistic. They didn't make promises they couldn't keep, and they kept all their promises. I highly recommend it. They have three meals a day. The big meal is at noon, which is good for older people. The food setup is great. It's dog friendly. Transportation is wonderful. They take them to doctors and ball games. It is very user friendly.

June 10, 2014

By Madeline8

I heard that Sanctuary had a lot of better care because they were associated with a hospital in Howell. I knew they had good medical care. As far as the place, it wasn't that beautiful. Except that you would like the setting. It was by a pond and it was very pretty outside. The rooms were clean and they looked good.

November 20, 2013

We liked that Woodland was smaller than other independent facilities. It had very nice ambience and the area was very pretty. Its living room was very good and the staff was good but I would not necessarily recommend this facility.

February 28, 2013

By Helen5

I like the Sanctuary at Woodland. It's clean, it doesn't smell, and it's close to where I live. My dad likes the food a lot. They have activities like bingo and they even took the men to a restaurant.

Questions about Woodland Village

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Woodland Village. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We have around 95 residents in total in our community - 35 assisted living and 60 independent living residents. Our residents enjoy sharing meals together, playing cards and bingo, and doing puzzles.

What programs or activities does Woodland Village offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We have a full calendar of activities both in the community and other off-site trips throughout the month. Our activities include: bingo, card games (Bridge, Euchre, Pinochle, and more), outside music entertainers, many religious offerings (bible study, worship services), library offerings, movie nights, and much more.

What transportation services does Woodland Village offer to assisted living residents?

Woodland Village has a complimentary shuttle service offered to residents. Twice each week, the shuttle is used to help residents get to and from doctors appointments or other misc. errands. Once each week, residents have the opportunity to get out and go shopping at predetermined locations. Also, once each week, we have a lunch outing arranged for residents to get out and enjoy a new or favorite restaurant in the area.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Woodland Village during daytime and nighttime hours?

Our ratio is 1 wellness staff person to 10 residents on first shift (6:00 - 2:00 pm) and second shift (2:00 - 10:00 pm). Third shift (10:00 pm - 6:00 am) the ratio is 1 wellness staff person to 20 residents.

If Woodland Village accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Woodland Village happily accepts dogs and cats. We have a beautiful setting at our community that includes a walking path around for pets to enjoy. We also offer a fenced dog run.

Costs for Woodland Village

Photos of Woodland Village

Services and Amenities of Woodland Village

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites.

• State Licenses: #AL470260177 #AL470261126

About Woodland Village

Live your dreams. Lose the lawnmower.

Nestled in a wooded, scenic, and tranquil setting on the St. Joseph Mercy Brighton campus, Woodland Village will exceed your senior living expectations with spacious apartment homes, quality care, and a wide variety of amenities, services, and social activities.

• Private entrance apartments with walk-out patios or balconies
  • Restaurant-style dining in spacious dining rooms, with a focus on fresh food, made-from-scratch options
  • Licensed Adult Foster Care available
  • Full calendar of events for all residents to enjoy
  • Beauty salon and barber shop
  • Relaxing spa
  • Complimentary shuttle service and laundry facilities

Woodland Village is affiliated with St. Joseph Mercy and owned/operated by Trinity Health Senior Communities, a comprehensive network of senior living and rehabilitation communities designed to serve seniors in southeast Michigan.

Map of Woodland Village