Brookdale Brighton

Reviews of Brookdale Brighton

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Brighton

May 02, 2017

By Daughter of Helen

My mom lived in this facility for 8 1/2 years and for the last couple of years it has been owned by Brookdale. It is a pretty good place to be if you are independent and don't need care. If you do need care, it is unreliable and expensive. They used to have wonderful caregivers but at the beginning of this year they outsourced their care to a private company. There was one mistake after another with medications, timing of medications, services provided and if they were provided. My mom once missed dinner because the caregiver did not come to transport her to the dining room. No one bothered to check! Staff turnover is high and they are not well trained. The activities are lacking also...there was a director for a while who was marginal, after a few months of her leaving she was replaced with someone who did not stay very long and currently there is no activity director. My mom asked to be moved, and we have recently moved her.

November 24, 2015

By Sam26

Brookdale Brighton was more reasonable than the others; that’s why we chose it. The staff is good, and the dining room was very nice. The only thing I didn’t like was when I moved her in, they had it promoted as assisted living; they're moving away of senior living, for some reason.

July 13, 2015

The staff seemed very nice at Brookdale Brighton (Emeritus at Brighton). The facility was a lot older. It looked run-down and depressing.

May 03, 2015

Emeritus at Brighton has a lot of activities for elderly people. I haven’t sampled the food, but it seems to be good. My dad has a one-bedroom apartment with a little kitchen. It is a nice sized room. They got bingo, singing, and arts and crafts. As for safety, they got a push button in case they get in trouble. The communication and getting the hold of the right people is the hardest thing. It is too early into it, so I don't have a feel for it yet. He hass only been there for two weeks total.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy to hear you are pleased with the apartment, activities, and safety features. However, we are sorry to hear about your frustrations with the communication. If you would like to further discuss your concerns, we hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

May 03, 2015

Emeritus is orderly and clean. My mom is getting to know people, so there are some activities. It did take my mom a lot of time to adjust, but I don't know if it is with her. They seem to be good workers as far as I can see. It just depends on who you are dealing with, but the RAs have been really good and helpful. My mom has a studio apartment which has a small alley kitchen and a bathroom. The dining setup is good. They have bingo and some visiting singers and performers, but I kind of wish they had more crafts. That place seems to be very safe and secured.

January 29, 2015

By Mark105311050

My mother was at Emeritus at Brighton. She was there for about three months. The place was alright. A lot of the rooms were quite nice as far as size. It was a lot more institutional. My mom had a nice room, and it actually had a kitchen. The place was alright, and the people seemed to be very nice. The food looked alright. They had movies and bingo. They seemed to have a lot of nice activities for the people, but my mother never really liked going to them. However, they did take her and bring her down to them. The activity lady and the head nurse, I really like. They were very nice. I think the staff was very nice there. Our problem was just before my mom was diagnosed with Alzheimer's, they said they can take care of her through Alzheimer's as long as they don't wander or do anything. One day, my mom did wander off, and they called us to come and get her immediately. I was a little put off by that.

July 28, 2014

By CaringFamily2

Brighton Emeritus has the potential of being a wonderful place for your love one. The common areas are getting an update, the apartments while dated are small and nice, the care services friendly and helpful, and staff dedicated. Unfortunately, there is a but... The food lacks any imagination and flavor. The dated heating and cooling systems challenging at best, not functional for weeks at a time, at worst. The repair staff try, but lack the training and project management skills to make good on many commitments. The most troubling thing is the amount of time over 20 minutes when the cord is pulled. I'm confident if management focuses on these areas of weakness, Brighton Emeritus could once again be a great place for mom or dad.

June 30, 2014

I like some of the residents who have enough of their faculties that I can carry on a conversation with them at Emeritus at Brighton. The staff, on the main, is very friendly, but people are all different; some have different abilities than others and there is a point where I don't like people walking in my apartment. I don't like them treating me like I don't have the facilities to make decisions for myself. My family picked this out when I was ill, and they were told that it was a retirement facility, and there would be many activities and things to do. However, I've discovered, I feel, that it is three-fourths nursing home. I do not eat in the dining room, though the dining area is nice looking. My room consists of a living room, a bedroom, a bathroom, and a small kitchen. I have my own furniture; I cook all my meals in my own kitchen, but I have no garbage disposal and no dishwasher. I had to buy my own microwave, so I feel deprived. I like the exercises, yoga, and the activities. I asked to be a volunteer in helping the activities director, so that is the position I am in now, and I feel that I've been very successful in this endeavor, because the people are much happier, and they interact in some of the programs.

June 25, 2014

I visited Emeritus at Brighton. The rooms were considerably smaller than the other facility I saw, but they were very pleasant and very accommodating. All the residents actually told me they really like it there. The staff seemed to be great. It was a clean place, and the food looked good. I just thought it was pretty old.

May 29, 2014

By James83999250

Emeritus at Brighton is where my father is now. I went there January. They had a vacancy, so we put him in there in February 1st. It was quite quick. I went there with kind of the assumption that I wasn’t going to like it, but I was really surprised when I got there. I thought the facility was very clean, very wonderful, and very nice. All the people were very friendly, and the staff was very nice. I was very impressed with this community. They have activities like bingo and ice cream socials. Unfortunately, my father doesn't partake in any of them, but they do have a lot of activities. They even have a barber shop there. My dad is in a private room, which is like an efficiency apartment. It is like a bedroom with an attached bath. It has always been clean. It is cleaned once or twice a week. They also do the laundry every Thursday, and they do an absolutely beautiful job on it. The food is quite good. He gets three meals a day. Overall, it has been three months now, but Dad is quite well adjusted to this community. He is getting along very well. Everything is fine. Dad seems to be happy there, and I'm very happy with it. I consider myself very lucky that I was able to get Dad in there. They also call me quite regularly to let me know how everything is going.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Brighton

December 28, 2015

By Chris117362350

We visited Brookdale Brighton. It was very nice and very clean. We met just one guy, Greg, who was very helpful. He gave us a very nice tour and showed us around. There were a lot of nice amenities and social activities. He showed us two different rooms that were very nice and small but very adequate for senior living.

April 19, 2015

By Beth3

My father was at Emeritus at Brighton. It was wonderful. The staff was wonderful. They treated my father great. Food was OK. However, they need to improve on the food. They have just remodeled the dining room, and it was very nice. They did trips, they had people coming in and singing, and they went out to eat. They did a lot of different things. They had a lot of crafts. My father said he never played bingo, but there, he loved it. Everybody was so nice there. Security was good because they had people all over the place.

April 17, 2015

By Christine49

We have Emeritus for my mom so she’s all set. It was the closest one. As soon as we walked in, they were very accommodating and pleasant. The staff is really nice. They do what they say they’re going to do, so that’s good. They don’t have a lot of activities, but they have activities a couple of times a week. They have an exercise area. They have a bus that goes places and trips a couple of times a week where groups can go. She likes the food.

August 26, 2014

Emeritus at Brighton was also very nice. That was my second choice for my mother. The rooms were very nice. The staff was very friendly. The dining area was nice.

February 24, 2014

By Louis4

I went to visit a friend of mine at Emeritus at Brighton. He has a little studio apartment and it’s a good size. It has a little kitchenette with refrigerator; it's nice old place really. He is very happy there. This is a big improvement for him and he enjoyed it. He has been there probably about a year now. The staff that I saw seemed to be very, very good. They provide transportation for the residents that takes them to the grocery store. They also take them out to lunch to different areas every couple of weeks. I haven’t tried the food, but he says he's happy with it. They have a menu and I saw it and it's very good.

December 26, 2013

My parents are at Emeritus at Brighton. They have been there for probably five years already. When we first put them there, it was great, but as their ailing health declines and they need more care, the cost goes up. That's where the lines meet and you go from there. Their health is deteriorating but it's not Emeritus' fault. They just need more care and we can't afford it. My mom is in a wheelchair and my dad is on a walker and both need 24-hour care, so we're going to have to take care of them ourselves. Right now, there is a woman that comes in seven days a week to help them in the morning. I go in there three days a week and another person would fill in for me. We can only afford Emeritus' level 1 care, but for what we're paying, I think their service is good. The facility itself is good. They keep it up-to-date fairly well. It is clean and well cared for. The people there are friendly. I ate there and the food is okay. I think they give my parents well-balanced meals. They also allow pets inside. When we bring our pets in, it is not a problem. As far as activities, they have a lot of things for the guests to do like bingo. They also have entertainers come in. The only thing is my parents aren't mobile enough to do that anymore. Before when they were engaged in all that stuff, it worked out really well. Now, they're just not mobile enough so that they're not engaged as much.

November 20, 2013

I liked nothing about Emeritus. The size was not there. I found that place to be very depressing. It's dark and it's not very friendly. The staff was okay but it wasn't one that I would have selected. The ambience is terrible.

September 11, 2013

By Dario1

I broke my hip and I was in an assisted living facility called Emeritus at Brighton. The place is very good, clean, and very well kept. The rooms were great and the food was just A+. The cooking was excellent. I had a good rapport with everybody there.

February 23, 2012

By Salomander12

When I went to this retirement home, I liked what they were doing. All of the staff members were too kind and treated you with great respect. The food served there was pretty good as well. They offered nice activities such as an exercise program and socials. I feel like they are really trying to do all that they can in order to make the lives easier of the person residing there. Some of the amenities offered there are transportation, snacks and laundry. What I was really fond of was that pets under 30 pounds are welcome there. My Great Uncle has a mini poodle that he loves and it would tear me apart to tear them apart. This was one of the deciding points for when we made the decision. They have a nice TV room there where it is very relaxing and calm. My Great Uncle says he enjoys it there and glad we picked this retirement home.

December 30, 2011

By shagdg

I would be carefull with this selection. If your loved one does not need extensive care, this may be the place. However, you need to constantly monitor/remind/request services paid for, don't always get done. Clean/neat facility. Mananagement poor. Staff friendly. Name change of facility does not change quality/services rendered. Use caution when selecting this one.

December 01, 2011

By Social Worker # 1

I think that Emeritus at Brighton is an excellent choice for placement for someone who is looking for placement for a friend or a family member. The common grounds are very beautifully landscaped, structured and very well maintained and very tasteful to the eye and so are the surrounding neighborhoods. The common areas of the facility sit on five acres of land with the most beautiful trees surrounding the areas. Emeritus at Brighton also have a vast majority of country yards for their residents to enjoy interact and socialize in while enjoying the country yards at the same time. I would recommend this facility to any and everyone age 50 and older because I know that they would love it there and because I know that they would receive excellent care there. While there, I nolticed that their residents live like Queens and Kings and are also treated like royalty as well and all are like family member towards each other and the management and staff also. Their residents' apartments are very upscale. This facility is considered as upscale Independent Living apartments. Their residents are enjoying their lives in an upscale, elegant, luxury, and beautiful style living all year round. They also provide a vast majority of services, activities and recreations for their residents. I would have to definitely rank this assistance living apartments on a five plus stars rating for their upscale and elegance. There residents are served a varied menu also to fit their residents nutritional and dietary needs.

Photos of Brookdale Brighton

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Brighton

About Brookdale Brighton

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Brighton