Maple Heights Senior Living

Maple Heights Senior Living (844) 334-3818

Reviews of Maple Heights Senior Living

Independent Living Reviews for Maple Heights Senior Living

September 30, 2015

We put our parent at Maple Heights. It is going very well. I'm very pleased. They have a good staff. They are taking care of her diabetic needs, and they're very cooperative. I'm very pleased with the facility. I picked this one because it is closer to me and my family, and it works within her needs, what we were looking for, and the kind of assists that she needed. Plus, they have therapy too, and she needed therapy because she had broken her hip.

July 31, 2015

By Bobbi11

We went to Maple Heights. It was nice. It was our second favorite place out of all of the places that we visited for my father. It was very comfortable. The room was nice. They wanted people to do things, but I didn't think that they offered as many things to do community-wise as the other facility did. They had things on their calendar but for me, it wasn't the things that involved the residents with the community. They would go the grocery store one day a week, they do banking every week, and they do little trips around. They did say if the residents have some place that they would like to go, then they would put that on the calendar for them. They were accommodating, but it wasn't as friendly an environment. Inside their facility, their dining room looked nice, but the dining room at the other facility looked like a 5-star hotel dining room. When we looked at the rooms for my dad with his thoughts in mind, he was going to be on the 9th or the 10th floor, but we really wanted him on the 1st floor. This facility doesn't have 1st floor apartments. They start off on the 3rd floor and go up with all of their apartments. The first two floors were common areas for all the residents. The food menus looked wonderful; I was very impressed. Their staff was a 5, and the whole place I would rate a 4. It was still very nice but not as nice as the other facility. The staff was very friendly. They bent over backward to talk to us and to answer all of our questions. They were very enthused with their site. They were very accommodating. They wanted us to feel welcome, and they wanted us to feel that we would be very a good part of their community.

April 11, 2014

By Paul32

One of the reasons why we chose Maple Heights was that it was recommended by his doctor. From what I've seen, the food is very superb. They serve very good food. They have activities almost every day for him. They take the residents to places on certain days and to doctor's appointments. They also have outings. Dad has a studio apartment with a kitchen and a living room. I have been very pleased with the staff whenever I go there. The staff that I dealt with has been exceptionally polite and seemed knowledgeable on things. I really can't say anything negative about them.

September 30, 2012

By kellyannie

The staff is very friendly and the grounds are beautiful. My grandmother has a severe anxiety condition and she is treated with nothing but the utmost respect. No one treats her like she's "crazy," and I think that helps her immensely.The food is fantastic and healthy, and I like that my grandmother can have her meals based upon her health conditions (i.e. she has diabetes and must follow specific dietary restrictions). Also, the staff will take her meals to her if she doesn't go down to the cafeteria to eat. I can't express how much that means to me; I know she's safe with them.The only complaint that I have is that some of the workers look a bit sloppy. But they're always kind, so I guess I can't complain too much!

Photos of Maple Heights Senior Living

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Home Sale Assistance
  • Financial Guidance Extra: Medicaid Not Accepted

About Maple Heights Senior Living

Maple Heights Retirement Community is a high-rise retirement community in Allen Park, a suburb of Detroit. Allen Park is known for the area's historic sites and shopping and dining opportunities. With an outstanding view of the Detroit skyline, Maple Heights Retirement Community, an easy to navigate ten-story building, is designed for comfort and security. When a resident needs help, Maple Heights Retirement Community has a pendant system to indicate where the resident is in the building. Other support services provided on an individual basis include personal assistance with reminders, errands, meals, household chores and care. Maple Heights Retirement Community in Allen Park also offers programs that focus on physical, social, cognitive, emotional, spiritual, and leisure activities. The restaurant style dining offers a variety of menu choices and a hot daily breakfast. The staff is accessible and experienced in providing the best care for the residents. The dietary team alone has more than 20 years experience and the housekeeping team has more than 15 years experience in senior living. At Maple Heights Retirement Community you can enjoy the privacy of your own apartment knowing you have a community of care and support, all without any buy-in fees.

Map of Maple Heights Senior Living