5 Memory Care Facilities near Port Washington, WI
Also serving communities of Grafton, Random Lake, Cedar Grove.
Ellen's Home of Port Washington1800 Granite Ln, Port Washington, WI
Lincoln Village Senior Living1300 W Lincoln Avenue, Port Washington, WI
Harbor Campus333 W. Walters St., Port Washington, WI
Ovation Sarah Chudnow10995 N Market St, Mequon, WI
Village Pointe Commons101 Walnut Circle, Grafton, WI
At A Glance
There are 5 Memory Care communities in the city and surrounding area to choose from, with an average cost of $4,833 per month.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Port Washington area find the memory care community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 5 memory care communities in the Port Washington area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Memory Care in Port Washington
Port Washington, which is home to less than 12,000 people and has a senior community of 15 percent of the population, is situated within Ozaukee County. It's estimated that 1,800 people in Ozaukee County are living with dementia. To meet the needs of seniors and families living with dementia, the county provides an array of resources including memory cafes, music and memory programs and support groups.
Local families who are seeking memory care services for their loved ones find three memory care facilities in Port Washington and two more in the nearby cities of Mequon and Grafton. In most cases, memory care is provided in licensed community-based residential facilities that offer specialized services for residents with dementia.
- Port Washington seniors do not pay state income tax on income from Social Security or government pensions. However, all other types of retirement income are fully taxable. This may affect how much money can be put toward memory care in Port Washington.
- Port Washington's summers are comfortable, with highs near 80 and relatively low humidity levels, making the city a good choice for seniors who enjoy participating in therapeutic outdoor activities. Winters are chilly, however, with lows in the teens, so families may wish to ensure that the memory care facility they choose takes proper precautions with residents during times of extreme cold.
- While ozone pollution levels are high in Ozaukee County, short-term particle pollution levels are very low. Port Washington's air quality may be a consideration for families whose senior loved one has a cardiovascular or respiratory condition.
- Port Washington's overall living costs and healthcare expenses come in about 6 percent higher than the overall national average. This may be a concern for families and seniors with tight memory care budgets.
Paying for Memory Care in Port Washington
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Memory Care costs in Port Washington start around $4,833 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of memory care is $4,736 per month.
It’s important to note that memory care rates in Port Washington and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Memory Care in Port Washington
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Memory Care in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Memory Care
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for memory care, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance memory care costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance memory care, visit our Memory Care in Wisconsin page.
Free Memory Care Resources in Port Washington
Port Washington and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Memory Care Facilities in Port Washington
Directory of Winners in the Port Washington Area
Memory Care Laws and Regulations in Port Washington
Port Washington-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Memory Care in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.