3 Memory Care Facilities near Granbury, TX
Also serving communities of Weatherford.
Waterview - The Cove101 Watermark Boulevard, Granbury, TX
Arbor House of Granbury900 Autumn Ridge Drive, Granbury, TX
Courtyards at Lake Granbury801 Calinco Drive, Granbury, TX
At A Glance
There are 3 Memory Care communities in the city and surrounding area to choose from, with an average cost of $4,314 per month.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Granbury area find the memory care community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 4 reviews of memory care communities in the Granbury area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 3 memory care communities in the Granbury area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Memory Care in Granbury
Senior citizens account for 29.5 percent of the population in Granbury, Texas, a state in which assisted living facilities that cater to some of the state’s 380,000 residents who have Alzheimer’s disease and other dementia-related conditions, are known as Alzheimer’s facilities. Granbury is home to three of these type B memory care units, which are overseen by the Texas Health and Human Services Commission, according to the Licensing Standards for Assisted Living Facilities Handbook.
- Hot summers and cool winters are normal here. The city doesn’t usually see snow, but the January lows can fall to around 33 degrees. An average of 35 inches of rain is normal in Granbury, but the city sees 229 sunny days per year. During July, the highs can soar to around 96 degrees, which might be too hot for supervised walking for memory care residents.
- The air quality here is just shy of the national average. Based on the National Air Toxics Assessment, Granbury has a score of 57, compared to the national average of 58. This might be a consideration for memory care residents who suffer from respiratory challenges like asthma or frequent bouts of bronchitis.
- Granbury has an overall cost of living index of 111, which is higher than the national index of 100. This is partially due to the higher cost of health care, with an index of also 111. Memory care residents will have to be careful about budgeting for this. They might appreciate the low grocery index of 92.9 if they purchase their own food or snacks.
- The Granbury area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care, such as Lake Granbury Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Memory Care in Granbury
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Memory Care costs in Granbury start around $4,314 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of memory care is $4,736 per month.
It’s important to note that memory care rates in Granbury and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Memory Care in Granbury
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Memory Care in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Memory Care
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for memory care, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance memory care costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance memory care, visit our Memory Care in Texas page.
Free Memory Care Resources in Granbury
Granbury and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Memory Care Facilities in Granbury
Directory of Winners in Granbury Area
Memory Care Laws and Regulations in Granbury
Granbury-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Memory Care in Texas page for more information about these laws.